• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Faction: Guerrilla
  3. doesnt support windows 7

User Info: SSJ_GOKU_KILLA

SSJ_GOKU_KILLA
11 years ago#1
just like Saints Rows 2, this game runs at hyperspeed in Windows 7

So if you use Windows 7 as your only operating system like me don't waste your money until they patch it

User Info: gabi098

gabi098
11 years ago#2
MAYBE you should stick to official OSes not Beta versions, W7 is GREAT but not finished it's not good for gaming, YET.

User Info: _HioMrSan_

_HioMrSan_
11 years ago#3
Runs fine on windows 7 64bit for me. W7 RTM is available for download on MSDN. Its finished enough.

SSJ_GOKU_KILLA
11 years ago#4
Maybe your computer isn't fast enough for you to notice that the game runs too fast.

Saint's Row 2 does the same thing and Volition has stated they do not intend to every fix it because SR2 came out before Windows 7. It's a dumb excuse by a lazy developer who makes bad ports.

Red Faction Guerilla has the same exact problem. I'm running W7 64 ultimate RTM and it runs at 1.5x speed or so. The game isn't playable when things with time limits run out incredibly fast cause the whole game runs too fast

User Info: NKDietrich

NKDietrich
11 years ago#5
I have noticed a somewhat significant speed-up as well. I am running Windows 7 Professional as acquired through my school. Official, not a beta or release candidate.

It certainly makes the game more challenging, but I haven't found that it makes anything impossible.

User Info: rocket_master

rocket_master
11 years ago#6
SSJ_GOKU_KILLA posted...

Hyperspeed? Please explain.

User Info: R-ZZZ

R-ZZZ
11 years ago#7

rocket_master posted...
SSJ_GOKU_KILLA posted...

Hyperspeed? Please explain.

Everythings moves faster then it should due to poor porting job(almost like 1.5x than it should) Btw this isnt OS specific- Im using XP

User Info: EYE4LYFE

EYE4LYFE
11 years ago#8

Does it run this way with V-Sync enabled? Was thinking about picking this up Friday.

I'm still running the RC version of Windows 7 x64 right now, but intend to purchase one of the x64 retail versions shortly after launch. Just wondering if verticalsynchronization solves the issue.

SSJ_GOKU_KILLA
11 years ago#9
no vsync doesn't fix it. There is no known fix for it in SR2 and so I don't expect anything for this game unless the developers fix it.

It seems independent of framerate, the actual timing of the game seems sped up

User Info: R-ZZZ

R-ZZZ
11 years ago#10

There isnt a v-sync option

1. Boards
  2. Red Faction: Guerrilla
  3. doesnt support windows 7
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Guide and Walkthrough (PS3) by Frankie_Spankie 7 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A