• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Command And Destroy
  3. This game is AWSOME!

User Info: Komania

Komania
11 years ago#1
I just bought this game at EB Games (according to IGN.com the release date was January 21 2008 for North America). It's really cool.
OMG THAT GIANT POTATO IS FEASTING UPON THAT IRISH PICKLE!!!
... o_O random O_o ...

Komania
11 years ago#2
Ok, here is a little review of this game (Note: I'm not very far):

Gameplay
There are two gameplay modes, story and multiplayer (I know you're saying, WHAT?! NO FREEPlAY!?!). In story, you can pick to be either the humans (defending the earth against the aliens) and the aliens (attacking earth). So for each mission, you get primary objecives and secondary objectives. You get to build up your base with things like HQs, refineries, barracks and turrets, THere are many cool units you can command. THe game makes great use of the touch screen. The thing I don't like is, there are no recources, just credits. You get credits from oil reserves and other things. Another thing, the is no save data, you just get codes to go to that level. It gets on your nerves, but it's good for freeplay-ish games. Because story is just like freeplay. With different difficulty levels as well, the missions could give you some trouble. All in all, it's worth the $20 price tag.

Graphics
Building graphics are OK, landscapes look good enough, but the units are pretty pixelated. At least you can tell what is what though, besides, there is no slowdown whatsoever.

Sound
Decent. That's all though. You hear music and pretty good sound FX. But they're nothing great.

Story
There is a story, but I was so excited for the story that I didn't pay attention.

Multiplayer
Didn't play it yet. It sucks, there's no wifi though, nor download play. Just multi-card play.

Overall
It's worth it's $20 price, and even $30, but no more. If you want a pretty good (not great, but good) RTS for the DS, buy this game. Besides, what other RTS games are there?
... o_O random O_o ...

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
11 years ago#3
NO SAVE DATA??? WTF? That sounds like a death nail for a game like this.

And the official website lists the release date as March 14, 2008.

Komania
11 years ago#4
It's actually really fun despite that. There are TONS of units, tanks, turrets, ect that are unique to the class (aliens or humans). I love sending nukes at the aliens lol. Besides, it's only $20, so I don't mind.
... o_O random O_o ...

User Info: pneumoconiosis

pneumoconiosis
11 years ago#5
there isn't enough strategy in this game... and it's so hard to see your infantry. I cant rush or base rush or anything which kinda sucks

User Info: Berzerktank

Berzerktank
11 years ago#6
What?! No base rushing? You mean we'll actually have to strategize in our RTS games? What devilry is this?

User Info: Berzerktank

Berzerktank
11 years ago#7
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: pneumoconiosis

pneumoconiosis
11 years ago#8
There is no nintendo wi-fi advertised there and the canadian release is the us one. And rushing is strategic. Especially when the other person knows how to defend from one.

User Info: H Hog

H Hog
11 years ago#9
There is a story, but I was so excited for the story that I didn't pay attention.

...What? XD
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

User Info: AlexFili

AlexFili
11 years ago#10
Passwords? This is 2008, not 1988.
  1. Boards
  2. Command And Destroy
  3. This game is AWSOME!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers