• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. X3: Terran Conflict
  3. Uninstalling from and switching gear to other ships

User Info: Beriorn

Beriorn
8 years ago#1
I've been messing around with this game for a few hours as the Terran Pilot, and though it's a slow start, I think this has potential to become awesome. The thing is, I've gotten a second ship, and want to switch my stuff to it (some of it, the thing only has a third of the loading space of my first one), but I noticed that I can only uninstall missiles and my main guns from the ship. All the other gear is stuck in place, even when docked at a shipyard. How do you unequip stuff like that?

Then, even the weapons I managed to unequip can't be transferred to my new ship. I can open the "switch freight" or something like that screen, which shows a list of all the items my original ship has, but I can't transfer it to the other ship. How does this work?
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.

User Info: DeathIX

DeathIX
8 years ago#2
No need to uninstall the other equipment. Simply dock both ships at the same place, go to "Landed Ships" Click on your new ship, and select Advanced - Freight Exchange. This will bring up a menu, where you can move anything on your current ship, to the ship you selected. Your equipment is on the bottom. Simply transfer it over, and it will be installed automatically. No muss, no fuss.
Boron hope you drown!

User Info: CarloTheCurious

CarloTheCurious
8 years ago#3

Make sure the things you're trying to transfer will actually fit in the other ship as well - enough free cargo space, and adequate cargo class (you can't put L-class cargo in an M-class ship).

Also, you can only have one copy of 'software' equipment (e.g. Fight Command Software MK1) in a ship, and upgrades (engine tunings, etc) and built-in equipment are not transferable.

Finally, if your new ship is the first free one you're given during the Terran plot, do note that it's just a scout ship (M5) - your original ship is much better for combat.

User Info: Beriorn

Beriorn
8 years ago#4
Thanks for the reactions.

Yeah, I feared that the hardware upgrades (acceleration, the enhanced vision thingy) were bound to a ship. Oh well, the upgrades aren't that expensive. What bothers me though is why the military would supply you with a ship that is unarmed, slower, has worse shielding, less cargo space and a lower market value than your existing ship. Guess I'll just sell it. I'll have to keep an eye on the cargo class, but I think that's only so that bigger equipment won't go into smaller ships, right?
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.

User Info: DeathIX

DeathIX
8 years ago#5
If by "the military gave you" you mean, the Terrans gave you an m5 rapier, an m5 is a totally different beast then an m4.

M5's are scout ships, they will (almost always) be faster and more maneuverable, at the cost of of course, firepower and shield/hull.

M4's are interceptors and are built to quickly intercept and destroy m4's, m5's (that they can get a bearing on) and can be effective against m3's when used properly and in numbers.

the m5 Rapier, when upgraded, goes 458 m/s. The m4 Sabre, goes 275 m/s. Nearly 200 m/s difference.
Also, the terran m3, the Scimitar, goes 199 m/s. Slower yet, but of course being an m3, heavily shielded and armored.
Boron hope you drown!

User Info: CarloTheCurious

CarloTheCurious
8 years ago#6

You don't have to fly it as your personal ship. There's almost always something else useful you can do with a ship - park it at a station to keep the economy engine from deleting it (and act as a sector presence for prices), use it for automated exploring, etc.

User Info: 3rdtimearound

3rdtimearound
8 years ago#7
I agree that even a parked M5 is very useful indeed. I typically use any I get awarded via missions or salvage as remote buyers, docked at shipyards. That said, I would probably sell it that early on in the game, as every free credit can be invested in building a solid passive income.
  1. Boards
  2. X3: Terran Conflict
  3. Uninstalling from and switching gear to other ships
  • Topic Archived