• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. X3: Terran Conflict
  3. Good Factory Locations
redsky999 11 years ago#1

I've recently started making the move from ferrrying goods personally to seting up factories. So far I have a large wheat farm, 1mj shield factory and large cahoona bakery in Argon prime, and a large ore mine in aladna hill.

From your experience, what are good factories to set up in which locations to generate a good source of income? Im not quite ready to move on to complexes yet, I dont have enough money (about 10mil Cr).

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Ah yes, "Creepers", a suicidal race of green explosive monsters who allegedly attack from dark spaces. We have dismissed that claim. - Me
PhantomHack 11 years ago#2
Mines are generally a good bet in places that have none, but have plenty of factorys that consume the product but are usually short
How many GMs does it take to change a burntout lightbulb?
None, it is working as intended.
redsky999 11 years ago#3

Sorry, I guess I wasn't exactly clear. I meant specific examples. I know the game manual and a guide on the egosoft forums but theyre lacking a bit. Ive already placed factories in all the locations suggested inthe guide of the egosoft forums, and today Im gonna work on placing all the factories mentioned in the game manual.
Im not too lazy as to not go looking myself, but Id still appreciate some examples from experienced players that might not be obvious to a beginner such as myself.

For example, in Aladna Hill i noticed theres a huge number of high tech factories, all of which are typically short of ore, so I built a mine. After looking in the guides, it wasn't suggested in any of them.

Ah yes, "Creepers", a suicidal race of green explosive monsters who allegedly attack from dark spaces. We have dismissed that claim. - Me
redsky999 11 years ago#4

Are teladianium foundries in paranid space (specicifically sectors with lots of soy farms) a viable option? They all seem to have no teladianium supply but its only a secondary resource in most factories.

catatonicmadman 11 years ago#5
No complexes...
Well then, chip plants pretty much anywhere will make you huge amounts of credits. My chip complex never has a stockpile of chips. Preferably build them in core sectors, because they offer some protection against invaders.
As you mentioned 1MJ shields around argon prime sell really well. Also missile factories, especially mosquito, sell nearly as well as the 1MJ shields (Argon Prime).
In my current game I have a few IRE-forges (Argon Prime, PTNI-Headquarters). They sell really well, but require quite a lot of attention.
Heretic's End might be a good place for a few spaceweed/spacefuel factories, but no 'roids mean no self-sustaining complexes in the future.
redsky999 11 years ago#6

What factories require microchips?

catatonicmadman 11 years ago#7
Computer plants, and if my memory serves me right, as a secondary resource. Computer componets are used nearly in all techs.
In my current universe, there are only about 5 chip plants and when ever a chip is produced, NPC traders want that chip. When I was building chips for the hub plot I wondered why my factories didn't produce anything, until I realized that the chips had been bought by npc traders.
Da_V_Man 11 years ago#8
I hear that a crystal fab works well in the Argon Prime area, as well as the Omicron Lyraye area. A Teladianium foundry wouldn't be a bad choice to set up in Paranid space, but I don't think Teladianium is very profitable, so a medium one would probably suffice, except around Duke's domain, as there is a large teladianium demand there. Computer components sell well, and so do microchips if you can dish out the 5 mil for the factory. Apparently they sell anywhere you put them, as they are in demand (Artificial demand I believe, to simulate their "everyday use").

My first factory was a Silicon Mine in Omicron Lyerae, on the 32 yield asteroid. It sells well I guess, but if you want to build one there, go for a large factory, as it will become more useful later on. I also have a wheatfarm there, a mosquito missle/1mj shield complex, a self-sufficient microchip/HEPT complex and a simple massom mill complex (there are 3 drone factories there in my game).
If I had a Nickel for every time I found a Nickel, I'd get 10 cents each time I found a nickel.
Da_V_Man 11 years ago#9
Also consider buying Mk3 traders, and have them trade around in popular sectors. They are expensive at first (up to ~300k+ for the ship, and 500k for the software), but they help the economy move around with the profitsss going to you. It's a good investment to make.
If I had a Nickel for every time I found a Nickel, I'd get 10 cents each time I found a nickel.
redsky999 11 years ago#10

I built 2 teladianium foundries in paranid space, and that combined with my current factories and leaving SETA on for a few hours has gotten me 22 mil. Time to get an Elephant methinks?

1. Boards
  2. X3: Terran Conflict
  3. Good Factory Locations
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A