• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
  3. Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia General FAQ *READ THIS FIRST!* Poss. Spoilers

User Info: Eeveelution741

Eeveelution741
10 years ago#1
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
General FAQ Topic

Table of Contents

1. What is the point of this game?
2. How much does this game cost?
3. Is this game compatible with D/P?
4. What are the differences between this and the first one?
5. Is this worth getting?

6. What is a Poke Assist?
7. Can you explain about Partners?
8. What is a Partner Assist?
9. What is a Field Move?
10. What is an Area Move?
11. How do I recharge my styler?
12. Help! I can't beat <insert boss here>!
13. How do I get past <insert section here>?
14. Where is Lickilicky?
15. Where is Roserade?
16. Where is Porygon-z?
17. How do I get Regigigas?
18. How do I do the Wi-fi missions?
19. When will the Shaymin / Dialga / Palkia missions come out?
20. What is a Quest?
21. What is Power Charge?

Questions

1. What is the point of this game?

Entertainment. No? Here's the general gist. You loop Pokemon to capture them. Then you use them (one time only) to clear obstacles or assist you in captures.

2. How much does this game cost?
$30 new. Not sure how much for used. But make sure you get it new. If you get it used, chances are that the previous owner did the Wi-fi missions, transferred the Pokemon to D/P, and then traded it in. This means that you cannot transfer the extra Pokemon, so unless you don't have/want D/P, you shouldn't get this used.

3. Is this game compatible with D/P?
You can transfer Manaphy, Riolu, and Darkrai through Ranger Net. Otherwise, no.

4. What is the difference between this game and the first one?
Well, for one, you don't have to do all of the loops at once (you have to fill up a meter), but the meter will go down over time. However you require much more loops per Pokemon to get it captured. This game is also easier (the final sequence is not as hard among other things).

5. Is this worth getting?
It depends on your personal taste. It has an incredible story, but no spoilers here. If you want my opinion, then YES!!!

6. What is a Poke Assist?
Well, when you capture a Pokemon, you have two options (well, 3 really). Transfer it (this only applies to 3 Pokemon), use it's field move, or use it's Poke Assist. The Field Move will be explained later. The Poke Assist gives a various bonus to the capture line, such as longer line, creating tornadoes or ghosts, shooting rocks or sticky webs, etc. It makes Pokemon much easier to capture.

7. Can you explain about Partners?
Parters are Pokemon that stay with you forever. There is one from each type. You can switch them out at any time at Chicole Village. At the start you choose between Pachirisu, Munchlax, and Starly. (I recommend Pachirisu.) You obtain Kricketot, Croagunk, and Mime Jr. throughout the story by playing normally. The rest are obtained from doing Quests.

8. What is a Partner Assist?
Your Partner Pokemon can do a Poke Assist too, but it doesn't cause the Pokemon to leave you. Instead you have to recharge the Partner Assist Meter. When it's full you can use it. To recharge it you have to loop other Pokemon.

9. What is a Field Move?
A move used to clear obstacles in the map. There are many, like Crush, Cut, Psy Power, and Soak. Most Pokemon have one (the partners and most bosses don't). Sometimes you have to bring Pokemon from other places, other times the Pokemon will be right there.

Eeveelution741
10 years ago#2
10. What is an Area Move?
An Area Move is just like a Field Move, except you do not destroy obstacles. They include River Flow (surf on a river), Swim (surf underwater), Demist (get rid of mist), and Fly (go to any location you have previously visited). There are more though.

11. How do I recharge my styler?
Either you go to a Ranger Base and have the Operator recharge it, talk to a Recharge Machine (located at Ranger School and Capture Arena), or use a Recharge Field Move. Some Electric Pokemon have the Recharge ability, either in *1, *2, *3, *4, or *5.

12. Where is Lickilicky?
In Kincaid's room on the Cargo Ship.

13. Where is Roserade?
Talk to Rhythmi after you beat the game to activate a Quest. Go south of the Ranger Union, catch Floatzel and go south down the river. Roserade is near Regirock's cave.

14. Where is Porygon-z?
Oil Field Hideout.

15. How do I get Regigigas?
Complete the browser. Capture Garchomp (Hippowdon Temple), Magmortar (Volcano Cave), and Gallade (Altru Tower). Go down the river under the Ranger Union, find the cave, use Garchomp on the statue. Capture Regirock. Go to Almia Castle. Go to the the room with Mismagius, use Magmortar on the statue. Capture Regice. Go to Chroma Ruins, search for Registeel's statue. (Sorry, not sure where it is.) Use Gallade on it. Capture Registeel. Go to Hippowdon Temple, to the Arrow Puzzle. In the middle is a vortex. Go down, do as instructed, and capture the hardest Pokemon in all of Ranger 2.

16. How do I do the Wi-fi missions?
Ranger Net. For more details see the Wi-fi mission topic.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944533&topic=47399426

17. When will the Shaymin / Dialga / Palkia missions come out?
No one knows.

18. What is a Quest?
A task assigned by townspeople for you to do. These aren't missions though. You get bonuses for completing these, such as Dark -3 (cuts damage of a Dark attack by 3) or Longer Line (longer capture line). Most partners are obtained through Quests.

19. What is Power Charge?
You get Power Charge after becoming a Top Ranger. You can deploy the capture line, hold it there, then it will charge up so you get double or triple power, making the capture easier.

Please request sticky!
Join the fastest 500 attempt ever! board=570526&topic=44434012
LEADER!!! of TLF with 50 rescues!

User Info: PeterLax55

PeterLax55
10 years ago#3
Nice.
I would request sticky but I'm not high enough yet.
---

Eeveelution741
10 years ago#4
Thanks anyway, at least I got 1 comment.
Join the fastest 500 attempt ever! board=570526&topic=44434012
LEADER!!! of TLF with 50 rescues!

User Info: dtroit_tiger21

dtroit_tiger21
10 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: PeterLax55

PeterLax55
10 years ago#6
Dang, I can request sticky in two weeks. If it isn't stickied by then, I will request.
---

Eeveelution741
10 years ago#7
---
Leader of TLF with 52 rescues!

User Info: HappyMooseIsMe

HappyMooseIsMe
10 years ago#8
wow thats great thanks for taking the time to post that up for anyone who might be unsure about whether to get this or not
Hi im a purple dinosaur

User Info: MechaRoachmon

MechaRoachmon
10 years ago#9
May I ask why Pachirisu exactly?

Also, I assume it's a no, but is there any way to evolve pokemon in this game?
AC:CF - Larpus@Curry - Code: 0302-3499-4204

User Info: CompanionCube32

CompanionCube32
10 years ago#10
16. How do I do the Wi-fi missions?
Ranger Net. For more details see the Wi-fi mission topic.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944533&topic=47399426

My work has been recognized!! \(^o^)/
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
  3. Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia General FAQ *READ THIS FIRST!* Poss. Spoilers
  • Post New Message