• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
10 years ago#1
Hey folks,

I'm interested in trying to get all the "Achievements" but some like the speed runs or especially the "15% of the items" guide seem quite daunting. Especially since I'd have no idea what items I can and can't get so I stay below 15%...are there any guides out there on these? Or maybe just some advice? I love the achievements thread but some of that is vague.

"I'm counting on you, ultimate sword" - Jaster Rogue

Hotel_Security
10 years ago#2
Achievement Updates...

I'm still on my first playthrough of BMD and I've been trying to get as many achievements as I can. Obviously I'm not going for any time-related ones until I beat the games and know what I'm doing but I got the maps on this site and I'm at least trying to get 100% items on my own without a guide...though some of them are ridiculously obscure and I've had to cheat a couple times.

I'm also getting all the Boss-related achievements as Bunny. I got the "pissed off" El Bombino right after I fought the 2nd boss and with just the hammer thing (didn't even need to freeze time) and I was able to beat the Count boss with Bunny by just stopping on his head. Stomped him once...he disappeared...jumped on his head again, he died...it took about a million tries since you can insta-die if you land on his head wrong but it worked eventually.

The "no-hit" challenges with the Pumpkin bosses were tough too. For the first one, I jumped to the little alcove on the top-right side and then turned into the "Bikini mode" for more power. From there, I just shot the daggers diagonally downwards...they still destroy the pumpkins that fall on your head and will occasionally hit the boss when he moves to the far right...it gets even easier when he starts using his "crash the floor attack" since you can hit him more (Of course, seeing the youtube video after the fact with the boomerang made it look a lot easier). I try not to watch any videos of bosses I haven't met yet.

I also beat the Pumpkin Girl as Bunny. At the start, I went to the very top-right to hide and then went into Bikini mode and shot downwards to get some hits. You can't stay there or she eventually gets you with the ceiling fire-pillars. From there I moved to the middle platform and hoped she would attack from the middle. I then jumped to the platform just below the top-right one and then launched daggers and then jumped when she's send a huge flame at me. She stayed relatively in the same spot until she died...after watching the youtube video which uses Chelsea I realize it's kind of similar to that method but I did it with Bikini-Bunny. It still seems somewhat random and lucky but I did it. I haven't gotten to any bosses after that.

I also got the 1000 blocks by just jumping into a fire pit and then used the youtube video for the 1000 deaths...great idea, by the way. The 1,000,000 gems is a ridiculously high number. I first tried killing the endlessly spawning pumpkins in the teal pumpkin area and then just rubber banded the button down while I slept. But I checked it later and the game seems to glitch where Bunny does the dagger-throwing motion but no daggers come out plus the enemies seemed to stop respawning. I tried this method twice overnight and the same thing happened. It seems faster but you probably have to check it every half-hour or hour to make sure it doesn't glitch like that. So now I'm just jumping on the gem-giving sphere like in the Youtube video which seems much slower but doesn't glitch...it's doing it now as I type this.

I'm still curious at how you guys do the speed runs, especially. Are there areas you can skip completely? It's hard for me to figure it out but I guess I'll do so once I beat the game.

Anyway...that's my ramblings...maybe these tips can help someone for doing this stuff as Bunny. I want to have as many achievements done as I can before I start Chelsea.

Hotel_Security
10 years ago#3
Wow, can't believe that Chelsea was THAT nuts...SEVEN stages to that boss? Holy crap. Even funnier...I never even tried using a doll since I assumed that it would just start the fight over from the beginning...I got the Achievement for not doing a doll when I finally beat her (I healed a lot) and then I was surprised to see that the doll starts you before each stage. That's one of those bosses where you're REALLY pumped when you win...gotta love a good challenge. Still, I can't imagine one going through that game without dying like folks did for the 15% walkthrough...that's nuts.

Playing through the Chelsea game now and it's going must faster. I probably could have gotten the 100% items in 2-hours achievement had I really tried but I'm just enjoying it now.
(message deleted)

Hotel_Security
10 years ago#5
Well, I did it...after playing it like mad all weekend, I've gotten ALL the achievements.

One of the more frustrating boss achievements was killing Bunny without any elixers...not that she was that tough but she has that instant-death attack in her gold form plus you have to go through the previous boss just to get to her...I fought that 7th devil so many times that beating it without elixers was second nature. I used that time-freeze trick to survive against Huge Dechronos but strangely I think you HAVE to move. I did it the first time, didn't move for 40 seconds, then died and it didn't count it. The 2nd time, I used it then moved around until it ran out then immediately recasted it once it ran out (usually getting hit once between each one)...I did it four times before I finally got beat and they counted the Achievement that time.

Anyway, I did the speed runs and they weren't that hard. I cut both pretty close as I beat both with maybe one or two minutes to spare but it wasn't that hard. Even easier was getting the 100% in 2 hours achievement since I used the same save as the 1-hour achievement to get those.

Doing the 15% run as Bunny was insane...like everyone suggested, I saved it up until I got 14% (after beating the first two bosses) then tried a no-save run. It took me 4 tries with Bunny. The guide was incorrect in that it said that the "shortcut" to the final boss would open after you see that flashback of Chelsea in the first boss's room. Didn't happen so I tried to do the jade pumpkin area and got owned. The second time, I just had a horrid run and had lost so many dolls that I just restarted. The third time I was smart and saved a few life-ups for when I needed them but I played so poorly in the purple section that I had barely any life by the time I went to the pumpkins...obviously the goal is to get that 6th hourglass so I could heal...but I made it to the 2nd pumpkin boss with 2-life, still beat him but then couldn't figure out how to survive the fall into the spikes to get that hourglass. Finally, I had a great run with the last run and had full life before I started the Jade section...I smoked the two bosses and had half-life for the 6th hourglass and then nailed the jump in one try. Once I got the healing hourglass, the rest was a joke. I even saved all these dolls and then beat Chelsea without using one. The Chelsea 15% playthrough was easy after doing that...I beat it in one try and then never even needed a doll for the 7th devil or Chelsea.

FINALLY!!!

• Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A