• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demigod
  3. Secrets in File Structure

User Info: Ghidoran

Ghidoran
10 years ago#1
In an interview I read that one of the secret characters is in the file structure of Demigod, so I went about searching for clues. I tried the dgdata folder first. In "characters", figured this:

(The ones on the right are the names in the folders, the ones on the left are(what I think) they correspond to)

Angel - Angel
Archer - Archer
Bird - ?
Ent - Shambler
Flag - Flag
Giant - Giant
HighPriest - Summonable Priest
King - Citadel(?)
Leopard Rider - Sedna
Mage - Torchbearer
Minotaur - Soldier
MinotaurCaptain - Summonable Minotaur
Oak - Oak
Priest - Priest
Queen - Queen of Thorns
Rook - Rook
Serpent - Serpent in Leviathan map
SiegeArcher - Summonable Archer
Sniper - Regulus
Spirit - Spirit
Trebuchet - Trebuchet
Unclean_Beat - Unclean Beast
Vampire - Night Walker
Vampire_Lord - Lord Erebus
WarIdol - ?
WhipTail - Catapultasaurii
Yeti - Yeti

So far Bird, King and WarIdol are the only ones I don't know.

In the "units" section there's the "heroes" folder, and there's 9 folders there. One for each Demigod, BUT THERE's ONLY 8 DEMIGODS DUN DUN DUNNN. Okay, so I opened up the skilllayout file, easiest to figure out, and checked em all out. Perfect. Now, most have names, except the first 3. HEMA01 is Torchbearer, HEPA01 is Unclean Beast, and HGSA01 is Regulus. You'll notice there's an extra one, called HOculus. There's an H in front of all of them so it's just Oculus. New Demigod? Perhaps. I opened up its skill layout, and got this:

Layout = {
{ 'L1','HOculusFollowLight01','HOculusShortSight01','HOculusSalvage01','HOculusFarSight01', '','StatsBuff01'},
{ 'L2', 'horz_fade', 'horz_fade', 'horz_fade','HOculusFarSight02', '','StatsBuff02'},
{ 'L3','HOculusFollowLight02','HOculusShortSight02','HOculusSalvage02','HOculusFarSight03', '','StatsBuff03'},
{ 'L4', '', 'horz_fade', 'horz_fade','HOculusFarSight04', '','StatsBuff04'},
{ 'L5', '','HOculusShortSight03','HOculusSalvage03', 'HOculusEyes01','HOculusPrism01','StatsBuff05'},
{ 'L6', '', 'horz_fade', 'horz_fade', 'horz_leftfade', 'horz_leftfade','StatsBuff06'},
{ 'L7', '','HOculusShortSight04','HOculusSalvage04', 'horz', 'horz','StatsBuff07'},
{ 'L8', '', '', '', 'horz', 'horz','StatsBuff08'},
{ 'L9', '', '', '', 'horz_rightfade','horz_rightfade','StatsBuff09'},
{ 'L10', '', '', '', 'HOculusEyes02','HOculusPrism02','StatsBuff10'},
{ '', '', '', '', 'horz_fade', 'horz_fade', ''},
{ 'L15', '', '', '', 'HOculusEyes03','HOculusPrism03', ''},
}

"Things have their shape in time, not space alone. Some marble blocks have statues within them, embedded in their future" - Dr. Manhattan

Ghidoran
10 years ago#2
Compare it to Rook's:

Layout = {
{ 'L1', 'HRookHammerSlam01', '', '', 'HRookTower01', '','HRookStructuralTransfer01','', ''},
{ 'L2', 'horz_leftfade', 'HRookArchers01', '', 'horz_leftfade', '', 'horz_leftfade','', 'StatsBuff01'},
{ 'L3', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_leftfade', '', 'horz_rightfade', '', 'horz_rightfade','', 'horz_rightfade'},
{ 'L4', 'HRookHammerSlam02', 'horz_rightfade', '', 'HRookTower02', '','HRookStructuralTransfer02','', 'StatsBuff02'},
{ 'L5', 'horz_leftfade', 'HRookTowerOfLight01', 'HRookBoulderRoll01', 'horz_leftfade', 'HRookGodStrength01', 'horz_leftfade','', 'horz_rightfade'},
{ 'L6', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_leftfade', 'horz_leftfade', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_leftfade', 'horz_rightfade','', 'StatsBuff03'},
{ 'L7', 'HRookHammerSlam03', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz', 'HRookTower03', 'horz','HRookStructuralTransfer03','', 'horz_rightfade'},
{ 'L8', 'horz_leftfade', 'HRookTrebuchet01', 'horz', 'horz_leftfade', 'horz', 'horz_leftfade','', 'StatsBuff04'},
{ 'L9', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_leftfade', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_rightfade','', 'horz_rightfade'},
{ 'L10', 'HRookHammerSlam04', 'horz', 'HRookBoulderRoll02', 'HRookTower04', 'HRookGodStrength02','HRookStructuralTransfer04','', 'StatsBuff05'},
{ '', 'horz_fade', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_rightfade', '', 'horz_rightfade', 'horz_fade','', 'horz_rightfade'},
{ 'L15', 'HRookDizzyingForce', 'HRookPoison', 'HRookBoulderRoll03', '', 'HRookGodStrength03', 'HRookEnergizer','', 'StatsBuff06'},
}

__moduleinfo.auto_reload = true

Well, he has abilities like shortsight.....farsight....Salvage, Follow Light, Prism. Probably not the final skill names. Now, I kinda had the feeling this had something to do with towers, but then I saw it also had StatsBuff, which Rook also has, so it's the Buff skill each Assassin has, this this, if it is a real Demigod, must be the next assassin. Oculus means something like 'eye', and the abilities, for hte most part, seem appropriate with that meaning.

I opened up "Blueprint", learned he is probably ranged.

Now, here's where it gets hot. Opening up "unit", got something quite interesting. I suggest opening it yourself(just open up Notepad, and go to the Demigod folder, into the zip file dgdata, into units, then heroes, then HOculus, then select All files for the file type, and open up the unit one. I'd post it here but it makes my post 26000 charactes long.
"Things have their shape in time, not space alone. Some marble blocks have statues within them, embedded in their future" - Dr. Manhattan

Ghidoran
10 years ago#3
Still, some interesting parts:

Abilities:

Omniscience: The death of Oculus\' foes extends his vision. Every 3 enemies killed increases his sight range by 1. When his sight range reaches its maximum, an Eye is summoned, and Oculus\' sight range reverts.',

Far Sight: 'Oculus\' sight range and weapon range increase by 3.',

Ignus Fatuus: Oculus creates a will-o\'-wisp near the edge of the field every 10 seconds, luring enemy soldiers over the edge and to their death.'

Prism: Oculus refracts the beam from a Tower of Light, deflecting 25% of its damage to all nearby enemies and allies.

Salvage Armor: Decreases the cost to buy units at your castle by 10%

Dark Shroud: Oculus throws his enemies into darkness, reducing their sight range by 20%.

And then he has his Buff ability, that all assassings have. Also, those numbers increase as you get the higher level ones.

This was there as well:

Description = 'Oculus Description',
Display = {
Avatar = '/textures/heroes/faces/face_oculus.dds',
AvatarMovie_1 = '/movies/dg_iga_oc_default.bik',
Character = 'king',
ChooserIcon = '/game/lobby/avatars/oculus',
FullIcon = '/game/lobby/avatars/oculus_full.dds',
HelpText = 'Strengths:\nReduces vision of enemies\nTakes reduced damage from Towers of Light\nSends weaker units to their death\nCan summon eyes to scout for him\n\nWeaknesses:\nReduced vision\nLow Hit Points\n\nWhile Oculus\' sight is initially weak, it will become more powerful than any other Demigod\'s. He throws his enemies into the same blindness he experiences, then uses wisps of light to trick them into falling to their deaths. Towers of Light are less effective against Oculus because his Prism ability redistributes some of the damage he takes to anyone near him. Oculus\' initially weak sight range and low health make him an excellent target for ranged assassins.\n\nThe blind king, Oculus is an ancient and wise Demigod. His blindness is deceptive, as Oculus manipulates the sight of all those around him. He sits on a floating throne, leading his army into victory.',

That's basically his strengths/weaknesses and general play description that you get when you select a demigod. The lore is missing. Also, 'floating throne'. Makes me think "King", from the beginning of my first post, may be this guy. So apparently he's a blind dude, sits on a throne, an assassin(which is weird....) and uses vision/light. Sounds cool. And if anyone can help me out with this in any way, I'll appreciate it.

User Info: AnonymousSN

AnonymousSN
10 years ago#4
Good find; very good, mind you.

I must say that this character seems quite interesting; one that doesn't seem like it'd be as popular as Regulus and Beast, but offer a lot of unique support options.

User Info: Jktugor

Jktugor
10 years ago#5
Well done.
Account Created 6/10/2001 11:03:31 PM - I should have way more Karma. >.<
---It is better to be pissed off than pissed on.---

User Info: mooninomics

mooninomics
10 years ago#6
So does this mean we're looking at "bird" and/or "warldol" for the other one? Or do you think the other isn't in the files yet?

We're expecting a fifth general to keep things balanced, right? Then it could be that either "bird" or "warldol" represents the other demigod and the other one is a minion type for that demigod. Similar to Lord Erebus and Nightwalkers and QoT and Shamblers.
I really wish moon never came back. - Vyyk

Ghidoran
10 years ago#7
I believe Bird will be the other one.

I saw a picture of Oculus, will try and find it again, and there was also a picture of a girl with hawks, so I assume she would be the next one. But who knows. There was also a samurai and a spiky crystalline form.

Ghidoran
10 years ago#8
Okay so apparently this has been in since the beta......sigh.

User Info: bigmit37

bigmit37
10 years ago#9
They still might use it in the future...but at the moment, I think they are working on two brand new Demigods.
Currently Playing:(PC): Nofl 2...
PS2: ff 12, Bully, Godhand
  1. Boards
  2. Demigod
  3. Secrets in File Structure
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers