thoughts on the movie?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WALL-E
  3. thoughts on the movie?

User Info: deathfisaro

deathfisaro
10 years ago#21
The movie setting is something like year 2800. With Earth condition extremely changed, super strength cockroach isn't very surprising.

What's even more weird is that people, including the captain, can stand up and walk when they have never got off their chair in their lives. Okay, AXIOM has microgravity so there maybe. But on Earth, gravity would crush them so hard.

Obviously creators thought drama > technical correctness. I agree with that, because it worked for this movie.
Proud (lol) owner of
Blue PSP Phat, Onyx NDSL, PS3 60GB, XBox360 Premium

User Info: jusfighta

jusfighta
10 years ago#22
This movie changed my life. I want to watch Hello Dolly now too.
"Tell me what you eat, and I'll tell you what you are."

User Info: joe_998

joe_998
10 years ago#23
As with everyone here, I loved it as well, it's got the romance in it so yeah it's a great date movie, but other then that this movie makes me want to check this game out. I heard it's pretty cool. I hope it has co-op live. :D
Join the Destroy all humans alien army now!
http://destroyallhumans.fanation.com/?C2268_633176

User Info: Pyroknetik

Pyroknetik
9 years ago#24
Wall-E was an awesome movie, second best of the year in my opinion.
Spartans tonight we dine at applebees!
"Let's put a smile on that face!"-The Joker

User Info: Babycakes9999

Babycakes9999
9 years ago#25
The first 20 or so minutes where Wall-E is just roaming around the barren Earth are very boring, even after he meets EVE. I'm fine with non-verbal characters, and I know that younger kids enjoyed the beginning (some 4 or 5 year olds in the same screen as me were in hysterics at parts), but for a 13-year old, for whom most Pixar films are enjoyable, funny and touching (read: Monsters Inc., Toy Story 1 + 2, The Incredibles). However, once he gets onto the Axiom, things take a turn for the epic, it's just that the rest of the film lasted about an hour or so, meaning you get great quality for little quantity.
"Don't cry because it ended.
Smile because it happened."

User Info: Compass

Compass
9 years ago#26
Wow, are you off base. The last half of the movie is by far the weaker half.
Not changing this sig until 400 people admit Legendia's Norma is one of the cutest RPG girls ever.
People who have told me this so far: 3

Babycakes9999
9 years ago#27
How so?
The plot in the first third of the movie can be summed up in a sentence.
"Wall-E is a robot assigned to clean up a desolate Earth in the future, who is determined to woo a robot called EVE who comes to Earth looking for a plant, which she finds.

Summing up the last two thirds would take considerably more unless you're being deliberately vague (OK, I may be setting myself up here).

Compass
9 years ago#28
And this all proves...
Not changing this sig until 400 people admit Legendia's Norma is one of the cutest RPG girls ever.

Babycakes9999
9 years ago#29
That the beginning had no plot, was not funny to anyone except 5 year olds, and was boring as hell...?

Compass
9 years ago#30
No, that just proves you have horrible taste.

You were supposed to explain why you think a film's (or a half of a film's) worth is directly proportional to how much "stuff" happens in it.
  1. Boards
  2. WALL-E
  3. thoughts on the movie?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived