thoughts on the movie?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WALL-E
  3. thoughts on the movie?

User Info: thedog723

thedog723
9 years ago#1
I personally did not like it. The hole no talking or barely any made it VERY hard to connect to wall-e as a character. I mean, towards the end i dident even feel sorry for him....i was hopeing he died....
Its offical, cena1320 doesent give 2 squirts of piss about you or your respect
"Scotty's on FIREEEE" -Dr. Evil

User Info: Lykos13th

Lykos13th
9 years ago#2
I find it fascinating you were unable to connect with the character at all! I love Pixar, and my girlfriend really wanted to see "the cute little robot" so we went yesterday to see it.

Despite being a 19 year old college guy I thought the movie was excellent. I found the entire concept & setting extremely intriguing, and the little robot that didn't even speak had so much character to me. I thought he was hilarious, somewhat cowardly and brave, and even quite "noble" (I assume you know which part I'm referring to).

I also really liked the ecological undertones that weren't slammed in your face if you didn't necessarily want them (read: Happy Feet).

User Info: ZeEhEiK

ZeEhEiK
9 years ago#3

I certainly have to agree with Lykos13th, this movie was wonderful. In many respects WALL-E reminded me of 2001: a Space Odyssey. That film conveyed so much energy without the use of dialogue.

In any event, I couldn't help but connect with the little robot.

User Info: AwesomeIRL

AwesomeIRL
9 years ago#4
It was surprisingly good, and had a nifty moral to it.
CLAT!!! 6 bangin 5 hangin ,6 poppin 5 droppin,Cs ^ bk down sKlob killa - zachchris1

User Info: jay_lee112084

jay_lee112084
9 years ago#5

I saw it with my girlfriend tonight, I thought it was really well done, felt a large 2001, and Portal reference.

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
9 years ago#6
Awwww....
President of the Gyakuten Kenji Board
In Miles We Trust

User Info: Steven_Beynon

Steven_Beynon
9 years ago#7
It's a perfect date movie. Wall E's romantic, adorable, funny, and charming. I thought the flm had some of the best writing I've ever seen, it said so much and only had one character with major dialog. Plus its a pretty in your face commentary on human personality. I don't typically dig kids movies, but this is one of the best films I've seen in the past few years.

User Info: zintarr

zintarr
9 years ago#8

thedog723 posted...
I personally did not like it. The hole no talking or barely any made it VERY hard to connect to wall-e as a character. I mean, towards the end i dident even feel sorry for him....i was hopeing he died....

You sound like a very lonely person.

User Info: ItronTime

ItronTime
9 years ago#9
I loved it. It was very touching and the characters portrayed more emotion than live actors WITH dialog in any movie within the last decade. Unfortunately because of the timing where everyone is on a conservative/liberal kick this movie is going to be split in reviews because others will see the enviromentalism theme overshadowing the quality of the movie itself. Liberal or conservative, we've all seen a guy walk into traffic without looking because his ears are plugged with his iPod, and this movie says "Open your eyes, and live!"

User Info: thevariant

thevariant
9 years ago#10
^the reviews are pretty much unanimously positive.
Now Playing: Luminous Arc, Etrian Odyssey
Want to Play: Condemned 2, MGS4, FFTA2
  1. Boards
  2. WALL-E
  3. thoughts on the movie?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived