• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 08: The Show
  3. MLB 08 Updates Question

User Info: gscs7208

gscs7208
12 years ago#1
My playstation is not connected online but I connected it today for the 1st time and it told me I had an update to MLB08 (36 M). After the update, I checked the game and the rosters are still the same as before (ie Manny is still with Boston).

My question is does the game automatically pick up roster updates in its updates and does MLB 08 have roster updates or is what I have when I got the game what I am stuck with?

If there is something I need to do to get these updates that someone here is aware of, can you let me know?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: icaris420247

icaris420247
12 years ago#2
idk i tried and couldnt find a downloadable roster.... ugh, i guess i might have to try to make one

User Info: JuanJoseNYC

JuanJoseNYC
12 years ago#3
The update that you downloaded was a barebones update. It mostly relates to the glitches that were found in the original release and includes the option to turn off AutoSave in the Settings. To download the final update from October 6, 2008, you will to connect into SportsConnect (if you have an account) by hitting right after you see the Main Menu. Manny is with the Dodgers in that update. Beware that as of July 13th, the SportsConnect servers for MLB08 will shut down so do so right away before Monday.
PSN: ChinoA_NYC

User Info: azentropy

azentropy
12 years ago#4
Wow, they shut down the servers so quick???
Is this how they usually operate?

I just bought 08 in December for a Christmas present for my nephew.
It also now takes about 2 extra minutes to start up as it still tries to connect before timing out.

Game is fantasic, but this will be the last time I'll purchase this franchise...

User Info: JuanJoseNYC

JuanJoseNYC
12 years ago#5
I don't think it's that bad, they basically gave you three and a half months to complete your online leagues and whatnot. Usually, they let you know on the back of the game case if they plan to disconnect it within 30 days of the end of the season.

User Info: azentropy

azentropy
12 years ago#6
JuanJoseNYC posted...
I don't think it's that bad, they basically gave you three and a half months to complete your online leagues and whatnot. Usually, they let you know on the back of the game case if they plan to disconnect it within 30 days of the end of the season.
---
This sig will not change until I become the NWA World Heavyweight Champion -- in my e-fed, that is...

That is fine for leagues if you signed up, but don't you need that to play just any online game?

User Info: DrFeelgood1984

DrFeelgood1984
12 years ago#7
They really shut down the servers?! That's crap. I don't play The Show online anyway because of the lag but that's still crap. If I'm not mistaken, people are still able to play the outdated Madden games online if they choose.

User Info: icaris420247

icaris420247
12 years ago#8
operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb-rosters/349045-roster-updates-mlb-show-08-8-19-09-a.html

here is a roster update

just add the w w w .
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 08: The Show
  3. MLB 08 Updates Question
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A