• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 08: The Show
  3. Closer in RTTS is impoosible

User Info: tmdk421

tmdk421
12 years ago#1
first off all of your training points go to your goals, impossible to improve your pitches more then what the game wants you to do in your goals. another thing that the makers of this game did not take in to account. most relief pitchers in the majors were starters at some point in there lives, high school, college, or the minors, as a starter its easy to build up your pitchers attributes. the game won't let you choose closer, and starter as your secondary position which is also stupid but any how.

tmdk421
12 years ago#2
I should also add i spent 4.5 years in AA, and only got promoted to AAA after asked to be. as a SP i was called up to the majors after 3 seasons.

User Info: Psycho_D_Boy

Psycho_D_Boy
12 years ago#3
Be a better pitcher.

On average I get 500 points per game, plenty to up what I need to to advance and some left over to up my pitching.

I keep getting told that I have the skill to be moved up but they want to keep me in AA for a while.

They say this to the best pitcher in the league for the past 2 years. BS
---

tmdk421
12 years ago#4
Psycho_D_Boy posted...
Be a better pitcher.

On average I get 500 points per game, plenty to up what I need to to advance and some left over to up my pitching.

I keep getting told that I have the skill to be moved up but they want to keep me in AA for a while.

They say this to the best pitcher in the league for the past 2 years. BS
---
You want sympathy? Go get it from a dictionary, its between "sh*t" and "syphilis". -Doc

500 points for one inning of work? i'd like to know how to do that, please share.

User Info: OminousShadow87

OminousShadow87
12 years ago#5
I was relieving in the majors by 2010 and the closer for the D'Backs in 2011. All-Star games and playoffs aside, I get around 100 points a game. Funnily enough, you get more points by letting in hits (but no runs). A perfect 1-2-3 inning gets you crap (55 i think?), but succeeding in the goals (force a ground ball/double play or don't allow the run to score) gets you a lot more.

tmdk421
12 years ago#6
OminousShadow87 posted...
I was relieving in the majors by 2010 and the closer for the D'Backs in 2011. All-Star games and playoffs aside, I get around 100 points a game. Funnily enough, you get more points by letting in hits (but no runs). A perfect 1-2-3 inning gets you crap (55 i think?), but succeeding in the goals (force a ground ball/double play or don't allow the run to score) gets you a lot more.

so how do you avoid not getting killed by high whip? you give up more than one hit you are penalized.

User Info: WildcatPride

WildcatPride
12 years ago#7
I'm into my 3rd year as a starter and K's and GIDP's are the best I've seen. I'm interested to see what a perfect game gives you pointwise. I threw one in the NLDS but they don't award points in the playoffs.

Lame

User Info: wwefan4ever

wwefan4ever
12 years ago#8
No it isn't, it's rather easy if you are actually good at pitching
  1. Boards
  2. MLB 08: The Show
  3. Closer in RTTS is impoosible
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A