So has all the hacking been patched in the backcompat version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. So has all the hacking been patched in the backcompat version?

User Info: cam94z28

cam94z28
1 year ago#1
So apparently this game was just released as backward compatible. This used to be my favorite game for x360. After the sequel came out, the hacking became ridiculous. I swear I saw a god mode player rolling around the map as a car.

Has MS done anything to address the rampant hacking in the new version? Otherwise, I don't see how they could expect to charge $20 basically for an only usable single player.

User Info: nuschler2212

nuschler2212
1 year ago#2
I know they did nothing with black ops.

The game being backwards compatible only means it can be played on the One. There's absolutely no support from the developer which is what it would take to control the hacking. Xbox doesn't care.

Unfortunately, they're charging for the single player portion of the game and not the MP portion which means they don't have to worry about selling a product that can't be used as intended.
"Hats....for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias." - Pedro Cerrano

User Info: savemecc

savemecc
1 year ago#3
I started playing this again the other night on the one. It seems much better than the last time i attempted to play with the hackers. Out of the 30 or so matches i have played the last few days only thing ive seen was one player with super movement speed. A year or so ago when i played last every game had 2 or 3 god mode people in them. So seems alot less affected right at this moment.
Cheat codes used to be a series of buttons on your controller now it's a series of numbers on your credit card.

User Info: jc349

jc349
1 year ago#4
I've been playing it since it became backwards compatible and I haven't seen a single hacker in about 20 or so games.

User Info: night_drifter05

night_drifter05
1 year ago#5
cam94z28 posted...
So apparently this game was just released as backward compatible. This used to be my favorite game for x360. After the sequel came out, the hacking became ridiculous. I swear I saw a god mode player rolling around the map as a car.

Has MS done anything to address the rampant hacking in the new version? Otherwise, I don't see how they could expect to charge $20 basically for an only usable single player.

With so many players back in the game now I have yet to get into a hacked lobby. The reason the hacking was so bad before was because the game was dead and the only people left playing were the hackers. Much like Black Op's you will rarely run into hackers while the game is currently popular.

User Info: SergioMach5

SergioMach5
1 year ago#6
There are hackers unfortunately, but at least they are not as prevalent as they were before the game was compatible. Today I had menu screen text saying Hackers will keep hacking until the servers go down. Absolute lowlives, ruining a game that people want to play properly again now that its Backwards Compatible.
Dishonored 2 is on my list this year

User Info: yem69420

yem69420
1 year ago#7
How many people are playing now?

I'm thinking about going and getting this, but I have the ps3 version, but if I could squeeze some time out of it I'd get it on here.
psn, steam id: yem69420 origin id: yemman 360/xbone gt/uplay: cjpitt1985
If Donald Trump is not Elected in the 2016 Election I will close my account.

User Info: jc349

jc349
1 year ago#8
About 8k or more yesterday. 13k the day before.

User Info: Blockmonkey

Blockmonkey
1 year ago#9
They are still around but you were much more likely to come across them when there were only 1000 people playing world wide. There was 12 k online the other night.
Out of about 15 games. 1 was a bit iffy and one guy was flying under the map in and and bullets did nothing to him.

Chances of this ever being patched?

User Info: 911didbush

911didbush
1 year ago#10
The last couple of matches I've been in have been pretty sketchy. I also think some people can tolerate these things more than I can. I can't wait til that add Bad Company 2 and people start playing that again.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. So has all the hacking been patched in the backcompat version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived