• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Artillery Room Glitch? (spoilers)

User Info: WarGameJunkie

WarGameJunkie
10 years ago#1
I've just cleared out the underground artillery room on Pelileu and it says to "regroup with your squad."

Well, two of my squad mates are standing by the artillery gun on the left. One of them Support Gunner PVT Lingwood is over back towards the beginning of the room apparently wounded or something. I can't get him to move or anything.

I've tried re-starting from the checkpoint but PVT Lingwood has gotten wounded and ends up doing the same exact thing in the same exact spot twice now.

Has anybody seen this glitch? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Am I not supposed to meet my squad next to the artillery gun on the left where two of my guys are standing?

I really hope Treyarch hasn't screwed up (again) and left a glitch in this part of the level.

WarGameJunkie
10 years ago#2
Has NOBODY had this happen to them??

At least if anybody's completed this level. Where am I supposed to meet up with my squad?

I've taken the game out and cleaned it, and it still won't let me end this level. There's no scratches on the disk either.

User Info: dognutz101

dognutz101
10 years ago#3

What ur doing sounds right. i can't remember how many are by the artillery piece but I do remember a guy injured at the beginning of the room so I don't think he needs to be there. When I got thru it I just went to the back of the room were the artillery piece is and it went to the next stage.

User Info: macca_d

macca_d
10 years ago#4
This has happened to me but no luck in solving it either :(
313's resident Celtic, Fratellis and Coldplay Fan
"It is not his creed nor nationality which counts, it's the man himself ' -Jock Stein

WarGameJunkie
10 years ago#5
Well if it's happened to somebody else, it sounds like bad programming on a certain percentage of disks.

I'll borrow a friend who's gotten through most of the game's disk when he's done with it.

This will be the LAST Treyarch developed game I purchase. This game has been a step backwards for the series except for the intensity of the fighting by the Japanese AI. Everything else is just not very good IMO. I don't know how many times I've seen my friendly AI shooting into walls, trees and other barriers instead of at the enemy.

User Info: hannibal10

hannibal10
10 years ago#6
Same thing has happened to me. Other than replaying the whole level and hoping it doesn't happen again seems to be the only answer.

User Info: Squeets

Squeets
10 years ago#7
Damn the same thing happened to me and I was just about to make a topic about it... you are telling me I have to go back and do the whole level again...? I just spent 2 hours beating the damn thing on Veteran! WTF?

User Info: Pulgo1

Pulgo1
10 years ago#8
This happened to me also.I think it might have something to do with saving and quitting in the middle of the level.Did anybody else do that?
Gamertag:Pulgo1

User Info: macca_d

macca_d
10 years ago#9
Found out whats happened. Once it says regroup go right back to the start where the fist anti tank gun is. (There will be some japs spawning so be careful) You will see a member of your squad stuck at the top of the trenches, throw a grenade in his direction and he will become unstuck and run to the end of the level. Follow him and regroup with the squad and it will end.
313's resident Celtic, Fratellis and Coldplay Fan
"It is not his creed nor nationality which counts, it's the man himself ' -Jock Stein

WarGameJunkie
10 years ago#10
Thanks!

I'll try that and see if it works.

Still, horrible programming by the developers though. Just absolutely horrible. I've seen other oddities like this through the game so far, and I'm not even that far into it.

Activision should have done what fans wanted them to do 2 years ago and given the non-Infinity Ward developed Call of Duty games to another developer.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Artillery Room Glitch? (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived