• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Complete Zombie basics and strategies guide

User Info: Solidsnakex18

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#1
Now these days not that many people play zombies but im making this topic anyways lol. I making it because im sure people new at this game at zombies are still interested in learning the basics and some strategies. I did not make everything in this guide. I give credit to Trang85, clown_faart and me (redsoxfanx8)for direct quotations. Clown and trang has direct quotation for basics and I will be putting the strategies into my own words. I give credit to me, josh_kent, clown_faart, sweets, Turd_Thunder, O_Doyle_Rules, TemplateSnifferB, osamaskid, decado_firefist, etc for strategies that they came up with. Im am very sorry if I forget to list you in the credit. Tell me if you came up with a strategy that I used so you can get proper credit. I’ll start off with a basics guide then ill give you the best strategies for verruckt, shi no numa, Der riese, Nacht der Untoten.

Guide to abbreviations that we use is below

NDU-nacht der untoten

V-verruckt

SNN-Shi no numa

DR-Der riese

we will start off with the basics guides

trangs basics guide

“1. Keep your Colt. Why? Cuz it is good on the first few rounds. Let the zombies in for the first 2 rounds and knife. Getting Double points and Max Ammo will really help. You will be able to get many points quickly. Do not get a nuke unless it is V or SNN since it gives you 400 points but get it when most of the zombies are dead. Get an auto weapon at Round 4 and a weapon from the box.

2. Aim for the Head. Simple. It kills them faster. Do not aim at head with explosives, ray gun, or wunderwaffe. It will still give you the same points if you do. Each headshot is 100 points.

3. Revive on earlier rounds. Make sure no zombies are around. Later on reviving will not be first priority but you should still try to. If you are playing SNN or V and you have Jugg & Quick revive, revive them unless you are in a bad situation.

4. Use weak weapon first. This is very essential to your survival. Save your strongest funs for higher levels or you die. Have weapons that are around the same damage(MG and Browning).

5. Get Perks. Which ones should i get? JUGGERNAUT ALWAYS. First priority. Even if you died and have 2500 now. GET IT. You will survive. I have done this. You should be able to run around long enough to get points for a weapon. Speed Cola next. Reloading fast will get you through many situations. Next up is Quick Revive. You will revive people in about 3 seconds. Double Tap is not a perk that you should need but it will work very well in higher rounds. Jugg and Revive goes very well together when coming to teammates. Speed and Double Tap works very well against zombies.

This will be continued on next page

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#2
6. Betties suck. WHAT?????? Betties are very good against a pack of zombies. One time i was able to get over 1000 points with one betty. Use betties on Hell Hounds. It will relieve probably 1/2 of the dogs if all of your teammates use them too.
7. Hell Hounds. What should i use against them? A TRENCH GUN. 1-2 hits they dead. Hell Hounds kill you in 3 hits. IDK when you have Jugg though but i still die pretty fast. Wunderwaffe works pretty good too. Never use a Ray Gun if you want to die.

8. Follow Instructions. Just what it says. If you listen you will survive but there are times where you must disobey them so you can live.

9. Evade the zombies. Do not shoot if you are in bad situations. Evading is very important. If you get surrounded YOU ARE DEAD. Evading will help get around the zombies to make you kill them easier while heading the direction you want to.

10. Teamwork. Teamwork is a very important concept. With good communtication you will make it to higher rounds. There are times you must abandon teammates for survival.

11. Make a Crawler. Having a crawler will allow you to get better guns and get perks that you may need.

12. Use Barriers. I dont know the why the **** people dont but DO. Activating barriers will allow you to get out of bad situations.

13. Camp. You dont go after zombies thats why you camp. When camping camp with the whole team or at least 3. The other one can go solo or something.

14. Make a train. When being the only one left make a train of zombies.(Works better on V and SNN).”

Clan CRZY is recruiting for more info go to http://clan-crzy.webs.com/
ZOMB website-http://timxs.webs.com/.......leader of ZOMB

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#3
Clown’s basics guide

”The following are just some of the very basic things that everyone should know by now when playing zombies. Unfortunately, it's alot of players seem to be either ignorant or too arrogant to observe these baby basics:

DONT’s

* do NOT glitch (gun glitches may be ok, but anything else that has the effect of altering the game and/or rendering you invincible is forbidden and is a sure sign that you like to take it up the poop shoot)
* do NOT play music over the headset – we all have iPods and MP3s of our own, so we don't need to hear your crap over our headsets
* do NOT steal kills or shoot over someone’s shoulder when that person is already on a window
* do NOT glitch
* do NOT run around going from window to window, pick an area and defend it – don’t be a “points *****”
* do NOT mindlessly spray into an oncoming horde w/your gun. t Calm the **** down & make every shot count – make headshots whenever possible.
* do NOT use the flamethrower out in the open where the flames & smoke will obscure other players’ line of sight
* do NOT just grab anything that’s floating & shiny, THINK first! If you have both insta-kill and the bomb, use up insta-kill 1st before grabbing the bomb
* if you’re about to be surrounded by zombies, do NOT panic. If you have room to maneuver, remember that zombies are like lemmings, they will all stupidly follow you around – use this to your advantage (this is the key to breaking NDU and SNN, which will be discussed later).
* do NOT Rambo (unless insta-kill is in effect or doing so is part of a strategy), just because you have the raygun doesn't render you zombie-proof
* When you have insta-kill, use your least powerful weapon in order to save ammo (best would be use knife, which gets you 130 pts. per zombie you kill w/the knife)
* did we already mention do NOT glitch? Do NOT glitch.

DO’s

* Always be a team player. Pick an area, and hold it down. If you don’t know what you’re doing, follow orders. Communicate either by mic or text chat.
* Whenever possible, always tell your teammates to reload before grabbing the max ammo.
* Before you spend your money on the mystery box (& get something totally useless), always remember that the Thompson & MP40 own both the living (in multiplayer) and the dead (zombies).
* If you have the money, try to get PERKS FIRST in this order of importance: 1) Juggernaut (Juggernog); 2) Sleight of Hand (Speed Cola); 3) Revive (Quick Revive) *** Double Tap is an ammo waster & low ammo = zombie food
* Always be courteous & professional. Remember that everyone was a noob at one point, so give them some slack.

These are just some of the basics that will serve as foundation to breaking all the zombie maps & make you less of a ****** ***. Feel free to add any other useful tips. I shall post more detailed strategies & techinque for all maps in the appropriate thread.”

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#4
NDU Strategys

Z1S3

Z1S3 stands for Zombie 1(NDU) Strategy 3. You need at least 3 people if you want it to work well. 4 people will work well also. To do it you get at least 2000 points. then you open the starting areas stairs and the mystery chest room's stairs (NOTE! Do not open the door to the mystery chest or else you cannot use this strategy) the 1 person runs around the pillars in the Mystery chest room while the other players are against the wall opposite of the mystery chest. as the zombies run down the stairs they will all follow the runner. shoot the zombies as they follow him. Alsoo make sure to watch both windows if you are near the wall. that way zombies dont kill you from behind. i dont know how correct i got it but this is all i remember. most people see it as the best strategy for NDU.

Strategy?(i forgot the real name)

good with 4 people. To do this strategy you need at least 2000 points saved up. Open mystery chest room, then the stairs that are inside the mystery chest room. go to the area on the second floor where the starting room stairs lead. (Note do not open the starting room stairs or you cannot do this strategy) camp in the described area. 3 people should shoot the zombies running up the mystery room's stairs while the other person watches the 1 window that is in the area that you are camping.

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#5
"V" strategies

Balcony strategy

3 or 4 people works the best for this strategy. The American side (right side with m1 grand and springfield) opens all the doors leading to the power room. The turn on the power. The German side (left side, gwhere, kar98k) should have only opened the stairs (NOTE! the left side only opens the stairs or the strategy wont work!) Now have all the players move onto the balcony and camp there. 1 person should watch the window at the back of the balcony (the person that has a flamethrower or shotguns should go here) while the other players (Machine guns, and ray guns) should watch straight through the open door (the one near the stairs). the zombies will only go through that door if you stand in the middle of the balcony. just mow them down. If someone needs help or is down just flip the switch for 1000 points and the electricity will protect all entrances except the window. This is my favorite V strategy.

Kitchen strategy

3 or 4 people works best for this strategy. The American side (right side with m1 grand and springfield) do not open anything. The German side (left side, gwhere, kar98k) should open all the doors leading to the power room. Then they should turn the power on. The American side travels to the power room. Once everyone is in the power room someone opens all the doors leading to thhe speed cola room. Once in the speed cola room one person watches the window (the person that has a flamethrower or shotguns should go here) while the other players (Machine guns, and ray guns) stand near the speed cola machine and shoot the zombies that come through the opened door.

User Info: Ichigo619

Ichigo619
9 years ago#6
STICKY!
PSN-trang85 I got my new PS3!!!
Co-Leader of ZOMB If anyone wants to join ask

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#7
SNN strategies

COMM room and Fishing Hut strategy

This strategy can be done with any amount of people (1-4)
To do it one person (the runnner) opens the downstairs (either way it doesn't matter) then they get weapons that are good or they like (Note! all heavy weapons are not good if you are the runner. the only exception is the flamethrower and ww-dg2 because those are the best for this strat if you are a runner) Open up the coom room area and the hut and start running. To run, run right along the boardwalk (when you get through the water jump to move faster) the zombies will all follow you. If you are doing solo or 2 player always turn around quickly to kill some of the zombies. If it is three or four players they will kill the zombies as you run by if they are in the comm room hut. There is another runner and another running place. the other runner runs around the fishing hut area as zombies follow them. they can activate the flogger trap to cut down some of the zombies. It takes skill and practice to master running on this level but once you get the hang of it you will get to higher and higher levels.

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#8
DR strategies

i will post 5 of the most well known strategies

Teleporter C strategy
This is the best strategy in DR. you can do it with 2-4 people and almost guarantees high levels. To do it open all of the teleporters and link them. Then travel to teleporter C. Travel up the stairs in the teleporter room and go to the end of the metal path. all people should camp here. Shoot the zombies as they run up the stairs. throw a monkey bomb out the window if someone is downed.

Sweets' bridge strategy
To do it have all people camp on top of the bridge that is lowered when you turn on the electricity. Shoot the zombies as they come from both directions. throw a monkey bomb off if someone is downed.

Fast revive area strategy
to do it open up all the teleporters link them. then go to the area where the fast revive is. one person watches the window (flamethrower, shottys are good for this) while the other people watch the 1 entrance to the area and shoot the zombies that come through. If everyone goes down you can escape through the hole in the floor and teleport using teleporter C to the starting area.

Hallway strategy
open the door that leads to the trench gun (Note! Do Not open the stairs leading to jugernog and the bridge. camp near the stairs i mentioned above and shoot the zombies as the run down the hall. (the people guarding the hall should have machine guns or rayguns) 1 person watches the 2 windows (shotguns and a flamethrower do good here)

M1A1 Carbine strategy
To do it open the door that leads to the double barrel shotgun. then turn on the power. after the power is on, travel to the M1A1 Carbine area. (NOTE!Do not open either door in this area or you cannot do this strategy.) camp here and have 1 person watch the windows (person with shotguns or flamethrower are good) and the other people gaurd the one path the zombies can take to enter your area (this person would do good with Machine guns and rayguns).

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#9
dogs guide

dogs appear on SNN and DR

i will post some helpful things to kill them.

(i will use some zombies vocab that are not known to new zombie players. i will describe it here. The word is deadzone. in zombies vocab it means a place where the zombies and dogs never go there unless they follow you into it. another is ww. its stands for the gun wunderwaffe dg-2)

-Use bouncing betties
-use a trench gun
-place your betties in dead zones
- try to camp while the dogs are around
-never use a flamethrower
-use a ww if you have it
-reload before picking up a max ammo

'

if you do not know where the deadzone are ask me on psn or add me and i will show you

PSN-redsoxfanx8

Solidsnakex18
9 years ago#10
Feel free to ask me any questions about zombies. i can answer most of them. also post any new strategies you found and want to share.

1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Complete Zombie basics and strategies guide
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
CoD:WaW Perks.Chrazy19882664/28/2016