• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Here's a fix for the FOV setting.

User Info: wvfoos

wvfoos
12 years ago#1
Want your cg_fov 80 like cod4 allowed you?

COD5, for some reason screwed it up and changes it back to fov 65 every time you spawn.

Bind your forward key like this:

/bind <forward key> +forward;cg_fov 80

That way, every time you push the forward key, it will change your fov to 80.
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: "Not today."
-- Syrio Forel

User Info: wader8

wader8
12 years ago#2
Many thanks ... ... COD5 is really buggy ... furthermore they didn't fixed the jumping camera at death bug from cod4 .... they didn't made the streak power queue system .... they used a cod4 engine means this was a lazy job not fixing and even let more bugs than cod4 ever had at launch.

User Info: wader8

wader8
12 years ago#3
OH what about singleplayer ... omfg
In singleplayer the FOV doesn't even WORK. ...Tried dev mode ... nothing , tried config.cfg ... nope

User Info: rush2428

rush2428
12 years ago#4

This works perfectly. Open up your console and type devmap "mapname" and press enter. Bring down the console again once te map loads and type cg_fov 90 or whatever you want as you field of view. The mapnames can be gained from most cheat sites as I don't have them handy. Here's and example for the Maken Map. Open console and type "devpmap mak" and press enter. You will have to do this for every map. In other words, once you beat a stage you will have to repeat the entire process.

Peace."

User Info: rush2428

rush2428
12 years ago#5

update:

Here are the mapnames

1. mak

2. pel1

3. pel2

4. sniper

5. see1

6. pel1a

7. pel1b

8. see2

9. ber1

10. ber2

11. pby_fly

12. oki2

13. oki3

14. ber3

15. ber3b

Open console type devmap "mapname" enter

then open console type "cg_fov "value" enter

User Info: Deadring3

Deadring3
12 years ago#6
Don't forget: nazi_zombie_prototype

I know it's a banned word, but I'm not yelling it at someone.

User Info: skullman1

skullman1
12 years ago#7
I know part of the fg42 model is cut off if you go beyond 60 or 65 (the butt of the gun isn't complete) so maybe treyarch locked fov because more guns are like that? : \

User Info: Kenshu_Joker

Kenshu_Joker
12 years ago#8
"/bind <forward key> +forward;cg_fov 80"
everytime i type this in console it never works
could you please elaborate on exactally how to do this?
PSN: McLeige ---- - --- Mute Pirate Joker: Death be upon thee, Ye Not Guilty.
The Joker is a questionable card, just listen, feel, and be set free of all hope.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Here's a fix for the FOV setting.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A