• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
  3. Severely disappointed

User Info: Jackslick

Jackslick
10 years ago#1
I love the Syphon Filter games on the PSP, I really do. So today I decided to try out Combat Ops. My very first time playing it I'm in a match against a bunch of hackers (no, I'm not being all whiny because I suck, I admit I do, but one hit kills, headshots from people who are moving around like crazy, and being electrocuted at random by people who are on the other side of the map just isn't cool). This game had so much potential. I really wanted to enjoy it, so I stuck in there as long as I could, but just couldn't stand it any longer.

You people really ruin the fun for people like me who just want to enjoy a game in one of their favorite series.

User Info: Y_shoota

Y_shoota
10 years ago#2
this game was great till CFW and Hacks came. even without haxers, there were quiters, ALOT of em.
DA_CARTER!
Y_SHOOTA LVL14 DOB

User Info: nonameface02

nonameface02
10 years ago#3
name them.
Archangel94 (Wipeout Pulse),ArchAngel94 (Syphon Filter Combat Ops), and The Dark (Twisted Metal). See me online on these games!

User Info: Y_shoota

Y_shoota
10 years ago#4
why should i, i got OFW. and your one of em
DA_CARTER!
Y_SHOOTA LVL14 DOB

User Info: JesusFreak1990

JesusFreak1990
10 years ago#5
Yeah, there are a ton of hackers. One guy joined a game I was hosting, and I checked his game stats, he had supposedly played 1337 matches in each game mode, and beaten them all.

This same guy asked me "want to see my hks?", I ditched him and joined another match with someone else.

Also, in a match I played last night, we were all using missles, and this one guy was taking more than 20 missle hits and not dying. And he kept shooting without running out of ammo.

I hope that soon Sony will release a patch with some form of anti-hacking software.

nonameface02
10 years ago#6
Were they blue missiles?
cuz the some guy did the same thing to me, and I do not hack I swear.
Archangel94 (Wipeout Pulse),ArchAngel94 (Syphon Filter Combat Ops), and The Dark (Twisted Metal). See me online on these games!

User Info: JesusFreak1990

JesusFreak1990
10 years ago#7
No, they were just the regular SMAW missles.

User Info: LyRiX92

LyRiX92
10 years ago#8
Just to correct you, you can run left and right quickly and pop headshots, I do it all the time. Plus you can electrocute people really far since the EPDD (I think that's the name) can reach up to 200 meters, no hacking involved with those. Other than that, I understand your point, I face them unskilled kids/immature low lives everytime I play. Just check their stats in the room, anything perfect or have stats close to 1337 each, hack.
Lyrix aka Potent, if you see me online, holla/call out my name.

User Info: McBobenstien

McBobenstien
10 years ago#9

Yeah, there are way too many hackers. And does anyone else find it ridiculously hard to rank up? I mean , srsly, 1 xp every kill? how in the hell am I supposed to get past the first rank without playing ranked constantly, every day? This gameseems the same as Resistance: Retribution, in fact,it is EXACTLY the same except for a few features.

-Ridiculously hard to rank up.

-You don't decide if it's ranked or not, the game does.

-Incredibly unbalanced custom levels.

-More hackers.

-Retarded melees.

-Everyone is a hacker, 6-year-old, or pompous spazzy retard except a select few just trying to have fun.

I am severely disappointed too.

nonameface02
10 years ago#10
Okay its just a game, if you can't play normal game without hackers just stop playing I mean thats what I did.
http://www.gamehock.net/
This is a cool site.
  1. Boards
  2. Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
  3. Severely disappointed
  • Topic Archived