• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. GTX 285 - Can't enable DX11?

User Info: Ryche85

Ryche85
7 years ago#1
Anyone know what the deal is or have any input? I have a GTX 285 (DX 11 capable) with the latest drivers (280.26), running on Win7 x64 and my DX 11 box is completely grayed out in setup.

User Info: Zaerek

Zaerek
7 years ago#2
The 200 series are "DX11" capable like Rick Perry is "capable" of being president.

Technically speaking, it can happen, but it'll end badly and definitely shouldn't.

User Info: Ryche85

Ryche85
7 years ago#3
That's ridiculous, I call shenanigans! I run plenty of games with DX11 just fine. This card still out performs most of the current mid-range cards that are on the market which is why I still haven't upgraded (I'd have to go to a 580 to see a huge gain!)

User Info: Zaerek

Zaerek
7 years ago#4
No, you've played plenty of games with a DX11 option that doesn't fully utilize what DX11 means. Very, VERY few games actually USE DX11.

User Info: Dajinn_

Dajinn_
7 years ago#5
gtx 285 isn't even a dx11 card, it's dx10.
Core i5 760@ 4.0ghz | 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 @1600Mhz | x2 SLI GTX 460

User Info: bhaal_spawn

bhaal_spawn
7 years ago#6
i have the same card (havent played this yet though)
and it is not a D11 card
GT: StrikingKestrel
PSN: Katelyst

User Info: payne_master

payne_master
7 years ago#7
Just so it ends now and there's not an argument claiming the GTX 200 series can run DX11....

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gtx_285_us.html

Click the "specifications" tab.

User Info: CYBORG112

CYBORG112
7 years ago#8
Ryche85 posted...
That's ridiculous, I call shenanigans! I run plenty of games with DX11 just fine. This card still out performs most of the current mid-range cards that are on the market which is why I still haven't upgraded (I'd have to go to a 580 to see a huge gain!)

No you have not played any game with DX11, the GTX200 series is not capable of using Directx11, not because of software, it just simply doesnt have the hardware to calculate DX11. You can only use DX11 with HD5000+ cards for ATi/AMD, and GTX400+ for Nvidia.
|i72600k@4.5Ghz |Corsair H70 w/2x Excalibur |Gigabyte P67A |HAF 932 w/8x SickleFlow |G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB 2133Mhz |2x SLI Asus DCUIIGTX580

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
7 years ago#9
The 285 can run dx11 code in so far as the developer puts in fallbacks for dx10 hardware. This game apparently doesn't so no you can't.

User Info: payne_master

payne_master
7 years ago#10
Asellus151 posted...
The 285 can run dx11 code in so far as the developer puts in fallbacks for dx10 hardware. This game apparently doesn't so no you can't.

That's known as emulation....the card supports SOME (limited) dx11 features, but CANNOT run true dx11....basically what it's for is so that in the future a game supports only dx11 you'll be able to run it with this card instead of having to upgrade...it does have a side effect of having access to a few limited features of dx11, but it's not running dx11...which really, the point is moot, because dx11 isn't anything to write home about...heck, the difference between dx9 and dx11 isn't overly impressive.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. GTX 285 - Can't enable DX11?
  • Topic Archived