• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Blood Bowl
  3. Am I just a little slow, or...

User Info: DEATH2SONY

DEATH2SONY
10 years ago#1
...is the learning curve of this game...extremely high, if you're a novice :)? Never played the board game (never knew it existed), but I was expected a pick-up-and-play type of deal. NFL Blitz with Orcs. After the tutorials, you're still like HUH :)? I dont get it...
Before you ask about the username, I'm a reformed Sega phanatic from the Sony-Sega wars! I accept Sony now, and I even own a PSP :D!

User Info: Rolen74

Rolen74
10 years ago#2
Yeah its difficult for beginners. The only tips I can really give are to do low risk moves first (it will probably take a while for you to learn what actions are high risk) and always play cautiously with a back-up plan. You may feel tempted to rush to the ball and attempt to pick it up as your first move, but that's very risky to do.It's best to set up a defensive cage first in case the guy that tries to pick up the ball fails.

When you're going to tackle someone, try to do it with two people, not just one.

Block and Guard are awesome skills. You'll want most of your team to learn them. After you get them on your linemen, you'll realize how important they are and the game will get about 4X less risky.

Also what team you choose to play as is a big factor.
*I've always believed that Orcss are the best team to learn on. They're a well balanced hitting team that can also pass on occasion.
*Humans are difficult to learn with because their units are so diverse.
*Dwarves are boring, they're super slow and usually don't score more than once or twice a game. But they are beginner friendly, and easy to learn.
*Chaos is awesome after you get certain skills on them, but a beginner wont know how to handle them.
*Lizardmen is another expert team. Not good for beginners.
*Elves are for people that want to pass & run alot and aren't afraid of injuries. I can't say much about them cause I almost never use them.
*Skaven is very similar to Elves.
*Goblins are just a purely fun team, they aren't very good overall.

I don't know if any of that helps, but if you do need more help the official Blood Bowl forums is the best place for information:
http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewforum.php?f=3
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?

User Info: DEATH2SONY

DEATH2SONY
10 years ago#3
I'm getting it a little more after some one-off games, though I'm still getting my tail kicked :). Even on easy. But I'm learning how to set up double-tackles and blocks. I was starting off as the humans in the campaign, but thanks to your advice, I'll try the Orcs!
Before you ask about the username, I'm a reformed Sega phanatic from the Sony-Sega wars! I accept Sony now, and I even own a PSP :D!

User Info: SavijMuhdrox

SavijMuhdrox
10 years ago#4
yeah, once you start realizing this game has elements of chess to it; you'll start to get the hang of it. Positioning certain players in certain places and planning a strategy a couple moves ahead is key. Course, there's also the dumb luck of the opponent wandering into your tackle zone and getting thrashed as well.

And being able to add skills to your team is great as well.. half football, half chess, half RPG.. its a great game with a lot of replayability..

just sucks it wasn't marketed very well here in the states AT ALL..

currently fielding Lizardmen.. no passing, just lots of running..
"There's just too many of us!"
  1. Boards
  2. Blood Bowl
  3. Am I just a little slow, or...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A