• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Blood Bowl
  3. First impressions

User Info: Rasdale

Rasdale
11 years ago#1
This game is pretty good for the short time that I have been playing. I have only beat one team, but keep in mind I’m the type of person that will keep restarting to prevent my team members from death, and I have only the bare minimum of 11-players (If one dies or gets injured, I have no replacements).

First off, I would say that everyone should do both the tutorial, and read up on some of the info about the game found after entering the tutorial menu. I started a dry run without knowing how to play and got owned royally.

Even after going threw the tutorial, the playing curve is very high. This game is like a tactics RPG, but instead of tying to kill everyone on the other team you have an option to score points as well.

Whenever one of you team members make a special play, they get experience points in the form of ssp (special skill points I think). When enough ssp is accumulated they gain a level. When I say make a special play, it could be in the form of a touchdown, hurting/killing the other teams player, intercepting a pass, or making someone fumble the ball. There is also an MVP selected at the end of the game who will get extra ssp (experience points). When a team member gains a level, they get stronger/better, and gain special skills as well. The maximum level a player can reach is 7/seven, but is by far a harder task then it sound for players get injured/killed frequently (when I say injured, I mean things like a broken neck, and who can play ball with a broken neck).

User Info: Xigo-Xigo

Xigo-Xigo
11 years ago#2
^^

The tutorial's less important than the rules. If you know how to exploit the rules, you can stand a chance against the computer.

And I'd like to say I win 2/3 matches. That's decent.
It's all a -insert name here- plot!
  1. Boards
  2. Blood Bowl
  3. First impressions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A