• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  3. Official PayDay! or Win Requirements

User Info: AJStevens

AJStevens
12 years ago#1

My thanks to Dan Irish of Threewave software for kindly answering the mystery of the PayDay! Trophy/Achievement.

This is what he said:

posted...

Here is the verified fix from the submission to Sony & Microsoft:

Play through and meet the win condition for each level in all 4 of the ranked campaigns.

Additionally the same player must be the top earning player in each of the levels played

Notes: Below are the specific win conditions for the respective levels.

Players must not die due to crossing the streams.

Players must complete at least 1 wave in Survival jobs.

Players must completely build all 3 pylons in Protection jobs.

Players must destroy at least 1 relic in Destruction jobs.

Players must protect at least 1 artifact for the duration of Thief jobs.

Players must complete at least 1 wave Containment jobs

- Dan Irish, CEO

So, there you go, before you say the trophy/achievement says "overall", yes, look it up, you'll see it can mean:

(involving only main features) "the overall pattern of his life"

(including everything) "the overall cost"

"Overall" is not the best choice of words it seems.

Obviously, the above conditions are also true for other Trophies/Achivements, such as Gozer's and Overachiever.

---
PSN: AceSoloMcCloud

AJStevens
12 years ago#2

So there you have it, you DO need to be 1st on each job, not just at the end of the campaign, that's probably why you are still struggling.

Also, as indicated, never cross the streams, I know some where just getting the minimal requirements (1 Ghost, 1 Relic, etc.) and then crossing the streams to end the match, that's a fail.

Good luck, don't forget my interactive Checklist.

---

User Info: GothicGangsta

GothicGangsta
12 years ago#3

I have done this at least 3 times for each campain and I still do not have the trophy (and yes I always come in 1st not just overall but for each level aswell) so unless the game has gotten an update this does not work

AJStevens
12 years ago#4

GothicGangsta, yes an update was released, 1.03 last week, this has enabled many to finally obtain, No Job Too Big and Payday! and the Platinum. However, some are still struggling with Payday, Gozer's and overachiever, but they ARE now possible to obtain.

---

User Info: spri487

spri487
12 years ago#5
Well at least we know what the requirements are, you should e-mail Dan Irish back and tell him of the glitch where people meet these requirements 10 times over before thier trophy pops up.
3DS Friend Code = 1161-0189-7371

User Info: nopayday4me

nopayday4me
12 years ago#6
Thanks, AJ.

So... as a sub-requirement to not crossing the streams...

In Museum Stage 3 Survival make sure in Wave 8 (and possible in the previous wave 4ish?) that all the white possessor ghosts descend into the statues and that you destroy all the spear-chunking statues.

Playing that level last night with Indy815, we made sure to do this and we never encountered the freeze-up glitch which forced us to cross streams in order to escape.

nopayday4me
12 years ago#7
Question:

"Play through and meet the win condition for each level in all 4 of the ranked campaigns."

Are we talking:

1) Every level that exists (ex- Gozers Most Wanted)

OR

2) Every level we happen to encounter playing at the time.

If it's #2, then Indy 815 and I should have this trophy, no questions asked.

If it's #1, then I'm absolutely positive I've done all survival, containment, thief, and protection in all levels on your spreadsheet.

As for destruction: I'm not sure I've come first in destruction library (stage 1) and destruction times square (stage 2).

(And while I'm at it, is there anything to Mayydayy's idea to see if third persons in the matches will trigger the trophy? Seems like a decent idea to me anyway.)

AJStevens
12 years ago#8

nopayday4me posted...
Question:

"Play through and meet the win condition for each level in all 4 of the ranked campaigns."

Are we talking:

1) Every level that exists (ex- Gozers Most Wanted)

OR

2) Every level we happen to encounter playing at the time.

If it's #2, then Indy 815 and I should have this trophy, no questions asked.

If it's #1, then I'm absolutely positive I've done all survival, containment, thief, and protection in all levels on your spreadsheet.

As for destruction: I'm not sure I've come first in destruction library (stage 1) and destruction times square (stage 2).

(And while I'm at it, is there anything to Mayydayy's idea to see if third persons in the matches will trigger the trophy? Seems like a decent idea to me anyway.)

I've already emailed Dan backing asking this exsact question. However, since I barely played Campaigns before the patch (though I did play at least one for the "On the Payroll" Trophy), I really doubt it's every variation of map and job per campaign.

Number of players doesn't matter, I got it with one other person, some are saying they got it with 4, however if someone LEAVES, we don't know if that affects it or not, doubtful.

The problem I suspect is that one or more of these conditions isn't true for one or more of your campaigns:

You never crossed the streams to get out of a "Bug".

You ALWAYS completed Protection Jobs by getting ALL 3 PKE's to 100% (anything less and it doesn't count to ANY Trophy!)

You always caught at least 1 ghost in Containment, you survived at least 1 Wave in Survival, Destroyed at least 1 Relic in Destruction and saved at least 1 Relic in Thief.

You where Top Earner in each Job (3 jobs per campaign), and not just at the end of the campaign.

You always played RANKED Campaigns.

To get all that right, over 3 jobs per campaign, for 4 campaigns... you can easily make a mistake somewhere.

You should also not consider anything you did before the patch to count. "Oh I know I did a NYC Campaign 4 weeks go so don't need to do that one again", WRONG.

---

nopayday4me
12 years ago#9
To put it simply, back when I boosted with raptormouse:

Survival: Always one wave.
Destruction: Always one relic destroyed. (For disclosure sakes, wipeouts near the end were frequent - an Achilles heel as it were.)
Thief: Always one relic saved.
Containment: Got to the point of full completion (all 14-15 ghosts) every time.
Protection: We'd reset a campaign if protection was lost which was uber-rare. (We had our system down pat for that third tower - only level 1 library and graveyard was the one we'd frequently lose.)

Yes, 4 campaigns in a row to full completion (less destruction wipeouts) has been done. We'd cycle through Library to Graveyard without losing a single protection. Then do it all over again. Same with Indy 815. And nothing.

User Info: spri487

spri487
12 years ago#10
Library doesn't have any protection jobs, so how you have managed to reset the game after a failing a library protection job bemuses me
3DS Friend Code = 1161-0189-7371
  1. Boards
  2. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  3. Official PayDay! or Win Requirements
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
RemasteredJoshuaBagwell310/9 1:01PM

GameFAQs Q&A