• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  3. *READ* True Save Bug Fix(better than multiplayer reload fix)

User Info: WolfGrey

WolfGrey
12 years ago#1

I already posted this in another topic but i cant stress this new fix enough. This works far better than the reload multiplayer fix.And works 100% of the time i have seen it and recommended it to friends. Here we go.

If you load up ghostbusters and see only new career when there should be your save data this is what you should for now on all.Immediately press the ps button and quit the game(DO NOTHING ELSE OR THIS WILL BE RUINED).Then go all the way to the left of the menus where your ps3 username is(not your psn username, your ps3 username).Select it and log out of your ps3(do not turn it off just log the user out). Now relog into your username.Then boot up ghostbusters and go to career.ALL of your saved data will be there. All of your pke scans,artifacts, and upgrades will be there as well.So i mean everything single little thing will be how it should be.This is a true fix and works far better and more often than the reload multiplayer fix.

I just wanted to share this with everyone since so many are having this bug.The total of my friends and me together have fixed this bug using this fix is around 20 or so.Has never failed so far.Well i hope this helps everyone.

Bump this or get it sticked or tacked or whatever so everyone knows guys.

My FC is 0447-6327-4739 , Add me for safari and battles!

User Info: Saikyo_Mog

Saikyo_Mog
12 years ago#2
Seems a bit much....Isn't it faster to just log into multiplayer and log out of it? <_<

Pretty sure that's what worked for me....
"Listen....Do you smell something?" - Dr. Ray Stantz
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaikyoMog

User Info: malarkey183

malarkey183
12 years ago#3
Thanks for posting... but what if the problem is that it keeps the "Resume Career" option, but just loses all my videos and artwork? I tried this and unfortunately, it doesn't restore those...

User Info: Locutis13

Locutis13
12 years ago#4
When the patch comes out hopefully it addresses the dissapearing items as well as the multiplayer issues.
"With great power, comes great chicks, and money!" -The Coon

User Info: SoPoF

SoPoF
12 years ago#5
I'm still amazed that such an enormous flaw made it through quality control. They probably had different people testing the MP from those that were testing the SP. If they had testing.

User Info: Seibei4211

Seibei4211
12 years ago#6
If different people made the single player and multiplayer, then there's a good chance different people tested it. They must've all been braindead though. Especially whoever was testing the library level and said "A-ok!"

User Info: WolfGrey

WolfGrey
12 years ago#7

[QUOTE="Saikyo Mog"]Seems a bit much....Isn't it faster to just log into multiplayer and log out of it?

Well multiplayer reload fix sometimes deletes your ghosts,upgrades, and item data.This does not.Well this is the best fix until a patch comes out.Sorry about your vids and artwork.

My FC is 0447-6327-4739 , Add me for safari and battles!

User Info: Saikyo_Mog

Saikyo_Mog
12 years ago#8
I think I'll stick to what has worked, and is quite faster, thank you... >_>
"Listen....Do you smell something?" - Dr. Ray Stantz
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaikyoMog

User Info: Allwackedout

Allwackedout
12 years ago#9
Thank you so much

This worked perfect. I tried the Multiplayer trick but it comes up with "Failed to Load" so it never actually loaded.

This is the only thing that worked, so once again THANK YOU!!!!

User Info: calvin_0

calvin_0
12 years ago#10
the bug hit me last night, i did this "fixs" and it work, everything is still there.
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
  1. Boards
  2. Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  3. *READ* True Save Bug Fix(better than multiplayer reload fix)
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
RemasteredJoshuaBagwell26/1/2019

GameFAQs Q&A