• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. About God of War III 's Ending (Spoilers)

User Info: Shard

Shard
3 years ago#1
Well it was kinda disappointing ( I know this is not the very first board to address it ) . The story was okay and what happened in the ending was fitting but I really feel that they could've executed it a bit better , I mean I knew that in the end either Kratos would kill himself or he and Zeus would kill each other because Kratos is not exactly the noblest of the lot , He probably slaughtered the entire population of a country including innocent bystanders and his motive for revenge isn't all that great either( I mean after he got his revenge , there will be nothing left for Kratos to live for.) . They could changed the ending a bit , maybe show Zeus being sad before he died and after Kratos kills himself and after the credits , show a brief cutscene where Kratos sees his wife and Calliope in the distance and he slowly walks towards him while the screen fades to white or something . Perhaps Santa Monica wanted to show that if you go on Mass Genocide , there isn't going to be a good ending .

Gameplay wise it's not a step forward from GOW II , the combat is nice but honestly I think they focused a bit too much on combat , because the Puzzles were embarrassing and there weren't any difficult traversal sections .
It actually feels like a step backward , GOW II had the blades , the hammer , the spear and the sword and GOW III had blades , another blade , yet another blade and gauntlets , I had high hopes for the gauntlets until I pressed L1 and Square ( Seriously I think they're a bit obsessed with the blades of Athena ) .
Remember that part in GOW II before meeting up Icarus ( and killing him ) where there's some crazy swinging and bridge collapsing and slow motion , that was the epic ness of GOW II , The epic moments of GOW III mainly includes moving in a brisk pace while the background changes dramatically .
Honestly I preferred GOW II over III , what about you guys ?
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. About God of War III 's Ending (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived