• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Why does she die?

User Info: Riversider

Riversider
3 years ago#1
You know, I never got why Poseidon's Princess died. If the wheel had pulled her upwards into the gears once she lost the strength to pull her own weight downwards I would have understood. But the wheel spins downwards once released, meaning that the princess has to push upwards with all her weight to keep the gate open, enabling the princess to simply slide her chains off the bar Kratos attached it to by letting her body go slack. Heck, by the looks of it, Kratos doesn't even chain her to the wheel, he merely forces her to hold it up. Nothing stops her from letting go and stepping to the side to avoid being crushed by the wheel.
One man with an imaginary friend is an idiot. Many men with the same imaginary friend - that's called religion.
Forget religion - atheism forever!

User Info: Asmodaios344

Asmodaios344
3 years ago#2
Simply is a person in a confusing state.It's easier to die than to think what to do.Remember emotions are a weakness or the developer's don't imagine something else.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown
H.P. Lovecraft

User Info: Shazif

Shazif
3 years ago#3
I guess it is supposed to be the traditional drastic and disturbing moment every GoW since the 1st part has had. IMO it would be much better if the player has choice. Why do the Princess body ends up in pieces because of not being able to hold the big, heavy wheel? This I never understood.

User Info: Shazif

Shazif
3 years ago#4
Was the Big Wheel Chinese sadists or something like that? o.O

User Info: GregHouse007

GregHouse007
3 years ago#5
She is obviously chained there. Graphics are bad, just when he opens a door, the tip of his fingers kind of dissapear. They are not going to waste a 5 min cutscene with Kratos chaining her, they take these shortcuts with other stuffs too. They let you assume that she is. She cannot move and escape. The wheel is very heavy and she is crushed by it.

For the person that asked that they should let you decide her fate. You are not in this game to "share Kratos personality" like other games do with their protagonist. You are watching a story. Kratos is an antihero. Hell, not even that. He just cares about himself and doesn't save innocents. Sometimes he goes out of his way to kill them like with Apollo (the one that had the bow in this game) or the dude on the Hydra in God Of War 1. He only cared about Pandora because it reminded him of her daughter...

Now why wouldn't he used one of the big evil statues there that were trying to kill him instead of going out of his way to rescue her just to kill her in that way? seems dumb really. He could have used one of the dogs too. She had some nice t*** :P

User Info: WC662

WC662
3 years ago#6
GregHouse007 posted...
She is obviously chained there. Graphics are bad, just when he opens a door, the tip of his fingers kind of dissapear. They are not going to waste a 5 min cutscene with Kratos chaining her, they take these shortcuts with other stuffs too. They let you assume that she is. She cannot move and escape. The wheel is very heavy and she is crushed by it.

For the person that asked that they should let you decide her fate. You are not in this game to "share Kratos personality" like other games do with their protagonist. You are watching a story. Kratos is an antihero. Hell, not even that. He just cares about himself and doesn't save innocents. Sometimes he goes out of his way to kill them like with Apollo (the one that had the bow in this game) or the dude on the Hydra in God Of War 1. He only cared about Pandora because it reminded him of her daughter...

Now why wouldn't he used one of the big evil statues there that were trying to kill him instead of going out of his way to rescue her just to kill her in that way? seems dumb really. He could have used one of the dogs too. She had some nice t*** :P

^ That

And the other reason she died is because she lived a sinful life. A b**** slap from the Gods! Thou shalt not.... whatever.

Speaking of this they're changing the trophy name in the remake claiming it "sexist" like they did with "Bros Before Hoes" (now "foes") Doesn't make sense damn shame
Proud God Of War & Call Of Duty Junkie. Bring Me My Blades Of Chaos/Athena/Exile & A Pack-A-Punched M60 ASAP
http//www.facebook.com/soghettorecords
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Why does she die?
  • Topic Archived