• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Just finished...that ending sucked.

User Info: MrStarkiller

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#31
>can't imagine
You won't have to if you just witness it for yourself.

>looked stupid even then
Some fads can't be forced into our hearts.

>second to the Sun
The Sun didn't silence spells, punish those that did me harm, give me rides or inspire the strongest weapon buff (much less provide fodder for farming it offline). Just a shame the deity slaying occult stuff associated with her didn't pan out like it should have. Sun did a good job (pret-patch) in DaS2 for sure though.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#32
>can't imagine
You won't have to if you just witness it for yourself.

I’ll pass. Considering I couldn’t bring myself to get DMC4, I’m certainly not doing DmC.

>second to the Sun
The Sun didn't silence spells, punish those that did me harm, give me rides or inspire the strongest weapon buff

The Sun is busy providing warmth to prevent the entire planet from turning into a frozen death wasteland. It’s a bit busy.

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#33
>pass
Then you're left taking my word.

>DMC4
You're not missing much, though the SE version coming out should be quite a bit better just for having Vergil, Trish and Lady as new characters to play as. Too bad they aren't addressing problems with core game at all.

>DmC
It is better you maintain your distance, but if you want punishment, that's your best bet (also, DMC2).

>warmth
That's pyromancy (born of Chaos antics *which heals friend and foe alike*).

>bit busy
Excuses, excuses. Don't think I hadn't noticed you taking over Hotel's account, SoH.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#34
>pass
Then you're left taking my word.

I suppose so.

>DMC4
You're not missing much, though the SE version coming out should be quite a bit better just for having Vergil, Trish and Lady as new characters to play as

I didn’t see “not repeating the entire game twice” as a new feature so I’ll pass on that too.

but if you want punishment, that's your best bet (also, DMC2).

I’ve played DMC2…not awful…just very average. Nice to have the guns have a legit use to break certain fights.

Don't think I hadn't noticed you taking over Hotel's account, SoH.

Helius is some jobber…I wouldn’t worship that hack. Though, Solaire’s sales pitch is hard to ignore.

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#35
>repeating the entire game twice
Vergil has his playthrough and Lady/Trish make up the other. I suppose that applies. However, it is played with different characters (that helps). More of a gameplay change than what Zero or Jeanne offer in Bayonetta.

>not awful
>very average
Sounds awful.

>legit use
I recall them being quite usable in DMC1 and DMC3. DMC4 nerfed them. DMC4SE won't likely change that for Dante, but Lady is all about them (and should do just fine by the look of things).

>Helios is a jobber
I'm sure SoH will love hearing that.

>his pitch
The pitch of his screams while under the control of a light bug of chaos?

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#36
Is the site design looking weird and ugly now or is it just me? And where's the "Topic List" link at the top? Annoying...

However, it is played with different characters (that helps).

I meant the part how you play half as Nero and then go back and play the same areas as Dante with the same bosses.

>legit use
I recall them being quite usable in DMC1 and DMC3.

I don’t, outside of the shotgun working to expose the Shadows in DMC1. I just remember chip damage from all except the close-range shotgun types. And considering I can use a sword at close range, I fail to see the appeal. Lady’s rocket launcher was okay but limited.

>Helios is a jobber
I'm sure SoH will love hearing that.

He’s heard it before.

>his pitch
The pitch of his screams while under the control of a light bug of chaos?

That’s his dedication to his craft.

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#37
>weird and ugly
Yeah.

>meant the back-tracking
No, that is still a thing. Lady gets the Nero levels and Trish gets the Dante levels. Vergil gets to actually suffer through playing the same levels in reverse of what he had already done (unless they change something for him).

>Rawket Lawnchair
Gun cancels for it made it quite capable with dealing damage (and style on groups). Spiral was even more capable of racking up skill-less style points off mobs of trash (line them up and fire *cancels help as with RG usage*). Speak to SBK on the matter of guns in DMC sometime. I don't care for entries beyond DMC3 all that much.

>heard it before
And he'll hear it again.

>dedication to his craft
Lovecraft, maybe. BB confirmed since DaS1.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#38
>weird and ugly
Yeah.

On the bright side, the edit button seems a bit more functional…

>meant the back-tracking
No, that is still a thing. Lady gets the Nero levels and Trish gets the Dante levels.

I just read up a review on this so I get it now. Seems like Lady offers real projectile damage too…who knew?

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#39
>bit more functional
Did we always have such a seemingly small window for applying edits? I suppose that is unchanged.

>who knew
Anyone that knew her character was a human that relies on guns (and needs to not suck to play as). Her lack of DT for regen will make her harder for sure. The sort of gun reliance she has won't allow for stylish play on the level of the others. She doesn't have her sub-machine guns or environmental traversal (nor even her motorcycle restored), but they did improve on her old moves while adding some melee options (surprising there aren't more token melee hits or even context-sensitive grabs *Wild Ride is one example from DMC3*). Bayonetta is a good role-model there (but that's the Witch Queen of Action Games).

Seems like Lady will do well in LDK (loads of enemies at once) in terms of style point potential, but I wonder about finding openings to use some of her stuff without taking a hit. I'd be quite interested in seeing the likes of n472a pilot her for style, but more so a playthrough of DMD (SSS). I can only imagine going without upgrades (her base doesn't seem like it would have a lot to go off of).

Trish, on the other hand, actually seems quite OP (especially for LDK). Lots of crowd control. Vergil even more so. Aspects of Lady seem capable, but all this remains to be seen in the release.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#40
>bit more functional
Did we always have such a seemingly small window for applying edits?

I think it was always within an hour of making the post…or something like that. Either way, it’s just a lil bit easier to do it without having to click like four buttons to get there.

The sort of gun reliance she has won't allow for stylish play on the level of the others

Yeah, I read she’s long-distance heavy which is hard to say if it’s a reliable solution or not.

Trish, on the other hand, actually seems quite OP (especially for LDK). Lots of crowd control. Vergil even more so.

Yes, I’ve seen much on how broken Vergil is. Whatever.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Just finished...that ending sucked.
  • Topic Archived