• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Just finished...that ending sucked.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#11
The mortal Lord (at least while accept his fate) wasn't exactly showing too much promise in terms of durability (though his will was impressive enough).

I prefer to not accept the nonsense that JC is a "son of God" or has anything to do with God. Just a prophet who got pumped up via his Apostles when they wrote up a book of tall tales in his honor.

Lucky for us that Barlog saw to it that we had a means to do battle with this eventual foe even as early as GoWII. He knew.

In theory, the Dante already uses a cross as a weapon so he was more prepared than anyone.

>if we want to be nice
Seems it is up to fans to make sense of nonsense for the devs again.

It's done quite often. Denial breeds all sorts of theories.

I suppose it makes sense that he should take in her rage (towards him) from having the life sapped out of us (typical of a ex-wife).

Too much sense, actually. Jaffe must had recently broken up with his gal or something.

Don't want another to end up like Waffles.

At least there's evidence that the run was started. Waffles was just a troll.

User Info: MrStarkiller

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#12
>prefer not to
You wouldn't be alone. I'm to understand there is a specific Abrahamic religion who believe the same.

>uses a cross
Not quite the right kind for that job (for what that is worth). The cross didn't kill him if going by the story. It was the spear.

>done quite often
Don't I know it.

>too much sense
I forget if he lost his wife and daughter in the divorce before GoW1 or shortly after it was completed. I know he said he moved away from the series (and AAA games) to get more time with them (improving the relationship), but I can't say for sure how it all went down.

>evidence the run was started
True, true.

>just a troll
He's a few other things. Poor at most of those roles, really. Much to learn, he has.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#13
I'm to understand there is a specific Abrahamic religion who believe the same.

Probably all of them do the same. Coincidentally, this deity status seems to be directed to the guy who came up with the religion. What are the odds?

The cross didn't kill him if going by the story. It was the spear.

Yes, yes...details, details. Though I realize that Lords of Shadow is a better use of it...I think Gabriel stabs people with it.

>just a troll
He's a few other things

Still such a weird fellow. And still does those silly platinum threads though I notice he is quick to close them and posts his stupid list last now right before he locks it rather than at the start like he used to. Don't see much in the way of his "seminars" which were clearly trolling in themselves...unless he truly thought people would be fooled enough to think he was some guru on the subject.

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#14
>deity status to the one who came up with the religion
I believe we're on the same page.

>details
That is where you can find the Devil.

>stabs people with it
I'd rather explode kidney stones into the face of foes to send them off cliffs, into traps, cause collisions, etc. Purplization pleased the gent. What did you fancy about it? Stretchy antics like what Lunar (NG) offers?

>locks more these days
I've become aware of this. He sent me a link to some topic where he shared my responses to his PMs. I'm unsure what he was trying to achieve with this.

>no more seminars
A step in the right direction.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#15
>deity status to the one who came up with the religion

Can't say I blame them, really.

That is where you can find the Devil.

Devil = a myth.

Purplization pleased the gent. What did you fancy about it?

Purple what now? I guess I liked the slamdown move because you could pull up on the chain for extra hits. Not much of that LoS moveset was that impressive. Haven't gotten around to playing the sequel but I probably will one of these days.

Stretchy antics like what Lunar (NG) offers?

Lunar what now? Only Lunar I know is that PS1-era RPG series.

He sent me a link to some topic where he shared my responses to his PMs. I'm unsure what he was trying to achieve with this.

Likely to attempt to tease you in some way. Some of these guys think we're offended when they remind us they exist. Kind of why he posts on the GoW3forum as well. I'd imaging he's saying "Ha Ha, I still have your old messages and used them in a post!" Waffles is pretty elementary at this stuff...

User Info: Wulf2K

Wulf2K
4 years ago#16
I still have the metal medallion from Lunar 2. You could use that thing to beat somebody to death in a pinch.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#17
I still have the metal medallion from Lunar 2.

I only played the Lunar Silver Star Story which came in a massive box and had a huge novel for instructions. I think it had a cloth map of the world too. Nowadays you'd have to pay $90 for that.

Never played the sequel though. Lunar was nice but didn't really blow me away...but it did had a pretty tough final boss so that was appreciated.

Kinda funny how things changed...I played with the Witcher 2 for PC and was blown away that the game offered a simple foldout map (which was quite useful since they like to yammer about random locations in the world and it's nice to see where they are). In a world where even instructions are a bonus, a map seemed like a revelation.

User Info: domine_dragon

domine_dragon
4 years ago#18
the ending could have been better

MrStarkiller
4 years ago#19
Hotel: >Devil is myth
Technically, yes. One that gets lots of retcons throughout history. Took some traits from Pan and Poseidon in some of his representations. I would enjoy watching a presentation made on depictions of the character from the earliest to the most recent ones (including characterization). I find it neat in Greek Myth, so why not here too? They can't be all right, so why take offense (for those concerned)?

>Purple what
Altering Slash. The term was something the gent liked to use to describe said "altering" it did (purple crystallization of the foe before they exploded).

>LoS moveset
I don't remember enough about the game to discuss it. I certainly don't recall SoD in it.

>extra hits
Like Nemesis Whips?

>Lunar what
NG (Itagaki).

>offended by sharing what we say
An interesting approach, though flawed at the conceptual level.

Hotel_Security
4 years ago#20
I would enjoy watching a presentation made on depictions of the character from the earliest to the most recent ones (including characterization).

It's funny how a lot of the account of Satan and Hell come from stories written like Dante's Inferno and Paradise Lost and have nothing to do with the Bible...but people have kinda retconned it into Bible lore. Funny how that works.

>Purple what
Altering Slash.

Ah, that. Probably didn't use that as much as I should have. I think I liked Piercing Shards more. My SoD experience is limited.

>LoS moveset
I don't remember enough about the game to discuss it.

Pay no mind. I was mixed up in my thinking.

>extra hits
Like Nemesis Whips?

Naw, just two hits. A slam down hit and then another when he pulls it back up. Very powerful and a very quick move which is ideal since using any of the longer combos in that game gets you hit...can also be aborted after the first hit when many combos lock you into them.

>Lunar what
NG (Itagaki).

Ah. I did get a copy of Sigma finally but haven't started. Have a slew of H&S games sitting around...MG Revengence, Force Unleashed, NG1...

>offended by sharing what we say
An interesting approach, though flawed at the conceptual level.

Very much so, but, as is established, Waffles isn't very good at this stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Just finished...that ending sucked.
  • Topic Archived