• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Help with the portal puzzle

User Info: CKYNEMESIS

CKYNEMESIS
11 years ago#1
In the room with all the portals there is a lever that lowers two chests but I can never reach them in time. Can anyone help me out?

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
11 years ago#2
Raise platform.

Go upstairs and lower the chest.

Shoot arrow to break lock.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: cumbojumbo

cumbojumbo
11 years ago#3
I don't get it, what arrow?
PSN: CumboJumbo

User Info: 2cool4u420

2cool4u420
11 years ago#4
There is a crossbow in the center of the room that shoots an arrow with a rope attached to it. Just turn it so it will shoot to the left, follow the rope, get the chests, raise the platform (via the switch to the right), shoot to the left again to get another chest, then shoot towards the gate. The gate will open revealing the way out down and another portal.
To get the suspended chests just make sure the platform is raised, use the boots of hermes on the right wall under the red portal to go through it. flip the switch and run to the crossbow and shoot an arrow through the new portal that you unlocked when you opened the gate.
Easy peasy lemon squeesy.

User Info: CIA911

CIA911
11 years ago#5
Yeah. The harder thing to get in that room is the red orb chest on the left wall. Still haven't figured out how to get that

User Info: revengine

revengine
11 years ago#6
^^^^
Same here. I tried gliding over from the platform on the right side of the screen (has the bars and the small opening on the side) but could never make it. Eventually just gave up and moved on.
Nostalgia is just regret wearing rose coloured glasses.

User Info: WarriorBond

WarriorBond
11 years ago#7
Lower platform with crossbow on it

Turn it to face the portal on the left

Fire

Go through the portal on the right to come out above in the caged area with the open front side, jump out around the cage and grab the rope.

Climb over to the red chest.
One half of theunplayables.com
Gamertag: Warrior Bond

User Info: panzermahn

panzermahn
11 years ago#8
There is an alternative method to reach the red orb chest at the top left.

1. Stand very near to the bottom left platform

2. Jump into it

3. When you appeared at the other top left platform, make sure you press X another time and hold it. You would be able to stand on the frame of the platform you had appear (probably a glitch but what the heck, it works for me!). This may require a couple of tries.

4. If you managed to stand on the frame of the platform you appear, then jump and glide in to the space to retrieve the red orb and treasure chest

Panzermahn

User Info: teebonesy

teebonesy
11 years ago#9
@Warriorbond: Okay, you're definitely talking about the red chests on the RIGHT of the room here, not the left, correct? Because this method definitely gets you nowhere near the one on the left.

It's driving me crazy, it's like they just put it up there to tease you. If there was some way to jump off of a rope you could do it easy, but nope, no such luck.

The closest I come is by first going through the far right portal and coming out in the blue cage above the running wall. You could then jump out of the side of it, glide across the room, then use a mid-air dash to get RIGHT TO THE LEDGE, but never ever ever quite far enough to land.

I'm ready to give up, but I REALLY don't want to.

I cant get the glitch method to work either, by landing on the frame. every single time, kratos just slides right off, he never lands.

Anyone figure this out? is there some way you can replay the game with a triple jump or some such nonsense, and it's just there to pretty much tease you your first time through the room?
The Movies; including working movie theater screens!
Anti-LBC1: A Very Sony Christmas; the snarkiest satire in sackland. by PSN "Teebonesy"

User Info: generalbane

generalbane
11 years ago#10
When you lower them use the crossbow to cut the rope holding the chests up.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War III
  3. Help with the portal puzzle
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Hera's Garden Gate Glitchmokuu17/4/2020

GameFAQs Q&A