• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Moon
  3. M-O-O-N That spells MOON!

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
9 years ago#1
Tom Cullen references aside is this a good game? Seems like the DS should have some decent shooters on it since it should have the most precise controls for them with the stylus. Any other games besides Metroid that are like this on the DS?

User Info: obishawn

obishawn
9 years ago#2
The Stand was a great book, I haven't read it in about 15 years, maybe a little more, but I enjoyed it.

Moon is a great game. It comes under a lot of criticism because some people thinnk if a game has even a minor flaw, they have to over exaggerate it and totally bash the game. In fairness, the more common ocmplaints I have seen are:

- Repetative areas - There are a few episodes that take place on the moon's surface, but for the most part, they all take place in laboratories and such. I feel that things are varied up just fine, but some have complained that the areas are too repetative.

- Repetative enemies - This complain has a little merit to it in that the majority of the enemies, especially in the first half of the game, are hovering droids. But as you fiind out more and more of the story, you will see that these droids are actually sentries and it only makes perfect sense that you would encounter such enemies.

- Repetative puzzles - In the game, you get the RAD, a kind of radio controlled car and you use it to pass through access tunnels, activate/deactivate certain electroics and reach other areas. It can even be used in most boss fights, but you need to be really good to pull tihs off.

But the game is great. It has a dark sci-fi story, excellent game play and controls, very good graphics, and some pretty cool boss fights. iI does not have any form of multiplayer, which some people were disappointed about.

As for other FPSs, the three Call of Duty games are good, CORE's single player game isn't too bad, but the multiplayer is pretty good, Bionicle Heroes (LEGO game) is often considered one of the best FPSs on the DS. Goldeneye isn't all that great, but for the price it isnt' too shabby (you can buy it used for like $7).

Also, there is Dementium: The Ward and Dementium II. Dementium II isn't out yet, but it is going to be an amazing game. They are both psychological horror, first person shooters that are made by the same company that made Moon.

Metroidmetal.com Metroid music remixed to metal
www.backloggery.com/sleeper_hits <-- games that went under the radar
  1. Boards
  2. Moon
  3. M-O-O-N That spells MOON!
  • Topic Archived