You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World Championship
  3. Digimon World Championship FAQ v1.8 (READ BEFORE POSTING)

User Info: strayfang007

strayfang007
10 years ago#1
Eh...update:
Took off the revert-capping stuff, added a few more FAQs.

========================
Frequently Asked Questions
========================

In this FAQ: General gameplay details....(oxymoron I know)
Not in this FAQ: Long lists of digimon, title matches, evolution lines, etc.
*now there is a location guide of digimon*

If you have come here with a question, read the contents and find the appropriate section to which your question applies. Or you can ctrl+F any key words and hope that you'll find something useful. This should be able to answer 90% of your questions.

Contents
1. About the Game
2. Digivolving
3. Training/Caring
4. Hunting
5. Battling
6. Extra Tips/FAQs
7. Credits and Useful Links
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-------------------------
1. About the Game

Q: What is Digimon World Championship?
A: It's a breeding game for digimon, where you catch, raise, and train digimon for battles throughout the in-game years.

Q: So it's like Digimon Dusk/Dawn/DS?
A: No, it's much different. There is no story, and is more virtual-pet than RPG. This has origins back to the first Digimon games, where you have a virtual digimon to play and train with.

Q: What is the general flow of the game?
A: In general, everday consists of 15 in-game hours, from 7:00 to 22:00. This is the period of time where you can Hunt, Battle, or Train.

2. Digivolving

Q: How do I digivolve my digimon?
A: Digivolution can be triggered through battles, certain stat raising, and even just passing time.

Q: Why won't my digimon digivolve!?
A: A digimon can't digivolve anymore due to either insufficient rank or requisites. If this happens for a long time, it will revert to an egg.

Q: Wait! But I have all the requirements already to digivolve! So why won't it digivolve?
A: Patience, and it should soon digivolve as long as you have the correct requirements.

Q: WHAT!!?? Revert back to an egg!? Doesn't that ruin the game?
A: Some people may think so, but some requirements for digivolution include reverting to an egg a certain number of times. Also, later in the game, it will only take about a month in-game to get a digimon to Mega anyways. This also provides an opportunity to go different paths to try out different digimon.

Q: Can I prevent my digimon from reverting into an egg?
A: No, but there is a way to lengthen it's lifespan.

Q: How do I lengthen my digimon's lifespan?
A: Digivolving will "reset" it's lifespan, so digivolve as slow as possible...but beware that it doesn't "pass time" into a digimon you do not want.

Q: How much time will it take for my Mega to revert to an egg?
A: Your mega will become an egg anytime after having it for 3 months.

Q: OMGWTFBBQ!!!?? MY DIGIMANZ DIGIVOLVED TO SOME RANDOM DIGIMON!!! THE EVOLUTION FAQ IS WRONG!!!
A: That's not a question. Read next question. It explains this...statement.

Q: What exactly does "passing time" yield for my digimon?
A: The digimon can possibly do the following in order of probability:
-Digivolve into something from its past 2 lives
-Digivolve into something random, if within the past 2 lives it was caught at a higher level than it is now.
-Digivolve into what passing time would regularly yield (see Evolution FAQ Sticky)

(Note: If a digimon's nature is different after an egg reversion, it supposedly resets all it's past lives, as if it were just caught. You keep the egg-revert stat though. Credit: Black_Dry_Bones)

Evolution FAQ
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943756&topic=45154090

(continued, do not post)

strayfang007
10 years ago#2
Q: What are the actual requirements for Wingdramon and Groundramon to digivolve to Slayerdramon and Breakdramon? (To find petitmon/babydmon/dracomon/coredramon, go to Hunting section, or find: petitmon)
A: The requirements for Wingdramon/Groundramon are 60 Vaccine/Virus AP, 18 Battles, and 1 Egg revert.

Q: What exactly counts as a "battle" for the # battles requirement?
A: Any battle your digimon participates in. Practice battles, Free battles, Championship matches, Title matches, and even Wireless battles..

Q: How much time must I wait for the "passing time" requirement?
A: It's pretty random, ranging from 3 months to 1 day.

Q: When the requirement is a 50% win ratio, does it have to be exact?
A: No, you can digivolve as long as it's win ratio is above said percent.

Q: How do I get penalties?
A: You get 1 penalty when your digimon gets injured, and you get 2 penalties when your digimon gets sick. Injuries are more common in Winter. The penalty count resets after every digivolution.

Q: Where do I find the ______ AP Stat?
A: If it isn't Heat, Cold, Lightning, Light, or Dark, then it's an invisible value. Just count. If it is, then look in the color bar under your digimon's stats. Also note that, like penalties, AP required for digivolution resets after every digivolution.

(e.g: Moonmon needs 20 Beast AP to become Gizamon. Gizamon needs 20 Beast AP to become Garurumon (Vi). You need at least 20 Beast AP PER STAGE. Which amounts to at least 40 Beast AP total.)

Q: What do the Colors in the Stats of a Digimon mean?
A: They are resistances in the order of Heat, Cold, Lightning, Light, and Dark. The species stats are invisible.

Q: Where can I find my digimon's Dragon/Iplant/Aquatic/Beast/Machine/Virus/Vaccine/Data/Holy/Darkness/etc. species stat?
A: They are INVISIBLE. The only ones visible are the resistances (AP), in the colored resistance bar.

Q: Resistance? AP? Species stat? What?
A: Resistance is the same thing as AP. There are 5 resistances: Heat, Cold, Lightning, Light, and Dark resistances, aka AP. The Species stats are just used for evolution, and there is no way to see them. They are invisible.

Q: How do I force a revert?
A: Besides using the restrictions (rank/requisites), an experimental method is first getting 10 battles on your digimon to prevent it from dying, then make it sick/hungry/mad and neglect it. It will "die" and revert.

3. Training/Caring

Q: What are the tamer ranks?
A: Green, Blue, Red, White, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Champion, and Master. Champion is earned by beating the Championships, and Master is earned by beating all the Title Matches.

Q: I put my Digimon in a gym, but it only trains once. Is it constantly training?
A: No. You must take it out of that cage, put it in another one, and then put it back in in order to get another set of stats.

Q: What do the stats mean?
A:
Atk: Attack damage
Def: Defense...against attacks
Wis: How often it uses specials
Spd: How fast it moves
HP: How many hit-points/life
TP: How many tech-points/used for specials
___ AP: ___ Resistance (Cold AP=resistance to Cold)

Q: What do the Colors in the Stats of a Digimon mean?
A: They are resistances in the order of Heat, Cold, Lightning, Light, and Dark. The species stats are invisible.

Q: Where can I find my digimon's Dragon/Iplant/Aquatic/Beast/Machine/Virus/Vaccine/Data/Holy/Darkness/etc. species stat?
A: They are INVISIBLE. The only ones visible are the resistances (AP), in the colored resistance bar.

(continued, do not post)

strayfang007
10 years ago#3
Q: Resistance? AP? Species stat? What?
A: Resistance is the same thing as AP. There are 5 resistances: Heat, Cold, Lightning, Light, and Dark resistances, aka AP. The Species stats are just used for evolution, and there is no way to see them. They are invisible.

Q: What are the natures of digimon and what do they do?
A: Natures may also affect the SP moves (support moves) a digimon gets. This is unconfirmed. In terms of battle, this seems to be how they act:

-Selfish: They don't like to be in cages with others, and they get discontent more often than not. Other digimon may also get discontent if they are near selfish digimon. But in battle, they "hog the enemies", which is obviously a good thing.
-Hasty: They run around a lot in cages. They also run more in battles, and apply hit-and-run tactics.
-Docile: These digimon generally receive more stat increase/decreases from training. In battle, they may use different special attacks more frequently.
-Cowardly: They will do 1 on 1 battles with someone of equal rank to them or lower but if they are in a 1 on 3 battle they will run even if its mega vs 3 in trainings. in a 3 v 3 battle they will run if there is more than 1 digimon near them that they have yet to befriend. (credit: Vegerunks)
-Cool: May roam randomly, but more research is needed.
-Zealous: These digimon eat a lot more than others. In battle they also fight a little more than average.
-Daring: They get injured more. In battle, they sometimes rush into battle more.
-Lazy: These digimon sleep a lot. In battle, they won't attack until attacked.

Q: What do the signs above the digimon mean?
A:
Singing-it is singing with digimon it likes, or it is in a favorable environment.
Zzz-Sleeping....
Bandage-It is injured from either a battle or too much stress/training. It may take more than 1 bandage to heal a digimon.
Scribbles-It is discontent. Make it sing, give it attention, pet it.
Needle-It is sick. Give it a needle to heal it. This usually happens after much neglect.
Meat-It is hungry. Just drop some meat near it.
Stars and a circle-It is out of HP or low on HP. Put it in an infirmary.

Q: What does Protein do?
A: It gives your digimon an attack boost in the next battle, but in turn, it has a higher chance of getting injured.

Q: What are the different levels of Digimon?
A: In-training I (can't battle), In-training II (can battle), Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and finally Mega.

Q: What are the added effects (sub-effects) of the Cages?
A: (credits to Japanese site, name needed?)

(credit: pokeeiyuu, some edits: me)

Open Lot: Defense, Bug/Plant, Dark Resistance
Mini Sports Field: HP, Speed, Beast
Sports Field: HP, Speed
Stadium: Speed, TP, Bird
Dojo: TP, Holy, Vaccine
MiniGym: Attack, Machine, Data
Gym: Attack
Temple: Wisdom, TP, Light Resistance
Plains: Beast, Speed
MiniVolcano: Dragon, Attack, Heat Resistance
Volcano: Dragon
MiniBeach: Water, Cold Resistance, TP
Beach: Water, Cold Resistance
MiniHigh Mountain: Bird, Speed, Light Resistance
High Mountain: Bird
Forest: Bug/Plant, Bird, Intelligence
Jungle: Bug/Plant, Beast, Dark Resistance
Factory: Machine, Lightning Resistance, Data
MiniFlower Garden: Holy
Flowergarden: Holy, Vaccine
Graveyard: Darkness, Virus, Dark Resistance
Desert: Heat Resistance, HP
Ice: Cold Resistance
Power Plant: Lightning Resistance, Defense
Holy Place: Light Resistance, Holy
Cave: Dark Resistance, Darkness
Laboratory: Data, Intelligence
Hospital: Vaccine
Gas Room: Virus, Darkness, Dark Resistance
Ring: (Fight# is "hidden", raises Total Fights 1/entry) Attack, HP

(continued, do not post)

strayfang007
10 years ago#4
Q: Where do I get these cages?
A: You unlock them at the shop as you increase your rank. Completing the Championship also unlocks a few.

Q: How many upgrades are there for the cages?
A: There is a total of 3 upgrades (3 stars). You get upgrades the same way you get cages.

Q: How do I cap my digimon's stats?
A: There is no way to completely cap a digimon's stats, but there are 2 ways to get very close:

1)Train in summer, so the increase of a stat from a cage will be greater than the decrease. If you do two cages that are opposites of each other, then training in-between both will give you a net increase of both stats. Continue until you get as close as possible to max stats.

2)Train an initial 3 stats, until they are maxed. Find a "sub-effect" that will decrease the stat you do not want/need and max all the stats except for that unwanted stat. Everything should be capped except that certain stat.

Q: How do the seasons affect my training?
A:
Spring:
Summer: Stats will increase more and decrease less.
Autumn:
Winter: Stats will increase less and decrease more.
4. Hunting

Q: How do I hunt Digimon?
A: First using your rope, draw a quick circle. Digimon in the vicinity will be "roped", and they will have a "Pull!" sign above them. Then drag the digimon, and slowly drain it's HP. Once it's HP is depleted, use the hand to tap it and catch it.

Q: Why can't I use the new items I've bought for hunting?
A: At the screen with the world, click the "Settings" button at the bottom of the screen. You can equip the new things you have bought.

Q: I can't catch anymore Digimon? What happened?
A: All digimon take up a certain amount of space (capacity). If your hunting capacity is too low, you can't catch as many digimon. Increase this size with a memory card. You can also click the pie-chart on the bottom and throw a digimon out to increase capacity.

Q: Where do I find petitmon/babydmon/dracomon/coredramon?
A: Petitmon are found in "Linka Ruins", unlocked after you beat the Championship. They appear randomly (and rarely) on Autumn nights, which for Linka Ruins is from 8:00-15:00. They are Dragon and In-training, in case you want to get the radar. An alternate way to get petitmon is to catch an otamamon, and have it revert to a petitmon. Petitmon digivolves to babydmon, dracomon, coredramon(Vi/Va), Wingdramon/Groundramon, Slayerdramon/Breakdramon.

Q: It's 20:00, but how come it's daytime in _____ Area?
A: Each area has it's own timezone, just like in real life. If you look at the world screen, half of the world is darkened, representing nighttime, and the other half is lighter, representing daytime.

Q: Where do I find ______ digimon?
A: COPY PASTA!! (credit: aidenrocks247, edits: me)

Keep in mind that different digimon appear at different times of day, and different months.

Dino Plains:
poyomon
kokatorimon
armidillomon
triceramon
tokomon
gaomon
tanemon
pabumon
pichimon
punimon
botamon
tsunomon
nyaromon
elecmon
--------------------
Wave Coast:
shellmon
gesomon
whamon
seadramon
gomamon
bukamon
pinchimon
divermon
--------------------
Jagged Rocks:
unimon
tokomon
peckmon
patamon
parrotmon
falcomon
--------------------
Clear Oasis:
meramon
gargomon
triceramon
ShoganGeckomon
antlyamon
dragomon
superstarmon
--------------------
Drive Savannas:
Rabidmon
gargomon
terriermon
gaogamon
botamon
anlyamon
tyrannomon
agumon

(continued, do not post)

strayfang007
10 years ago#5
--------------------
Slippery Swamp:
Gizamon
Motimon
mushroommon
tanemon
otamamon
pichimon
poyomon
geremon
pabumon
geckomon
zurumon
--------------------
S.Bridge Valley:
cantarumon
goburimon
mokumon
biyomon
patamon
etemon
elecmon
yokomon
--------------------
Snow Land:
blackweregarurumon
mammothmon
weregarurumon
gabumon
icemon
gomamon
Frigimon
snowagumon
--------------------
Modular Forrest:
palmon
nyaromon
motimon
gazimon
pagumon
nyokimon
veggiemon
tanemon
cherrymon
phantomon
pandamon
--------------------
Chrome Mines:
Blacktyranoomon
demiadevimon
gotsumon
mushroommon
elecmon
skullgreymon
saberdramon
--------------------
Volcano:
botamon
demimeramon
meramon
agumon
greymon
geogreymon
gotsumon
tyrannomon
metalgreymon(virus)
guilmon
--------------------
Mecha Plant:
andromon
metaltyranoomon
hagurumon
kapurimon
elecmon
superstarmon
mamemon
guardromon
pandamon
clockmon
--------------------
Sizzling Desert:
Veemon
airdramon
demimeramon
togemon
lynxmon
punimon
tsunomon
mokumon
--------------------
Boot Jungle:
palmon
motimon
tanemon
aruraumon
redveggiemon
woodmon
floramon
pixiemon
parrotmon
tsukiamon
mushroomon
deramon
--------------------
Sewer Road:
gesomon
sukamon
kapurimon
poyomon
clockmon
geremon
vademon
gizamon
raremon

5. Battling

Q: What's up with this? I can't control my digimon in battle?
A: No, you cannot. Digimon are to be given orders pre-battle and they will act upon those orders in the actual battle.

Q: Is it true that I can control 1 Digimon at some point of time?
A: Yes, once you complete your digipedia (100%), you are able to control 1 digimon in battle; that being the one on the far left before the battle. Press START to toggle control on/off.

Q: What are the controls for my digimon after completing the digipedia?
A: Control Pad is to move around, B is to attack regularly, A/X/Y are special attacks, L/R are the support moves. Press START to toggle the control on or off.

Q: Do I need to get all the digivolutions for each digimon in the digipedia to make it 100%?
A: No, just have the main entry for all of them.

Q: So what do these orders do?
A: Normal Attack=the digimon will generally attack more, and use less specials.
B: Special Attack=the digimon will use specials a bit more.
C: Support=the digimon will use it's "SP" attacks (look at it's stats, and it should be in the top right corner)

Q: Where do I find my digimon's support moves?
A: They are listed as "SP" in the top of the right column in your digimon's stats.

Q: How exactly are SP (Support) moves determined?
A: It seems to be that Digimon will inherit 1 support move while keeping one of their own. More testing is needed. Other rumors say that nature affect SP moves too.

Q: How come my Gallantmon/Imperialdramon NEVER Attacks!?
A: It seems to be that these 2 digimon will rarely attack, and only use specials, no matter what battle order you give them. In this case, it also seems to be that only Selfish natured Gallant/Imperialdramon will attack regularly. Unconfirmed.

Q: What digimon are considered "Vegetation" for that title match?
A: Alraumon, Palmon, Floramon, Mushroommon, Woodmon, Togemon, Veggiemon, RedVeggiemon, and Cherrymon. (credit: Pokeeiyuu)

Q: I can't find the Championship/Preliminaries!
A: It isn't under Title Matches, it's under Championship on the battle cube. And Championships take place once every 4 years.

(continued, do not post)

strayfang007
10 years ago#6
Q: What digimon are the "best" digimon?
A: In terms of stats, the following digimon tend to be the top tier:

Slayerdramon-best stats
ZD Garurumon-ranged specials, stats good too
VictoryGreymon-strong specials
ShineGreymon-healing and stats are good
Imperialdramon-stats and specials (rarely attacks, depends on nature)
Gallantmon-stats and specials (rarely attacks, depends on nature)

Healing Digimon are also very good. The top faves are:

Phoenixmon-revive move, better stats than most healers
Pharaomon-OHKO special, revive move.
ShineGreymon-see above (heal all, good stats)

Q: What is the "standard" or recommended team setup?
A: Most teams have 2 attackers and 1 healers. Some teams have 3 attackers. Preference, since both teams are pretty equal, since healers sometimes just don't heal.

Q: Gagh! I lost a battle! Can't I just turn off the game and try again?
A: Yes you can, but keep in mind that if you use the same tactics, you will see the same exact battle. Just skip the match or change up your battle tactics and hope.

6. Extra Tips/FAQs

Q: How do I get more money?
A: There are Free Battles, Title matches can be redone (for a small fee, but usually large prizes), and you can sell Digimon.

Q: How do I sell Digimon?
A: After a title match, if the battle was "just too fast" or "one-sided", you will get an email about somebody offering to buy the digimon that dealt the final blow.

Q: How do I maximize my digimon's lifespan?
A: A good way for ultimates that don't have "passing time" as a reqirement is to keep it below it's normal requirements until you get an email saying that it is about to digivolve. Then meet the requirements and you get to keep that digimon for at least another 3 months.

Q: What's the best cycle for my digimon?
A: A good cycle that I recommend is obtaining your Mega on the first of Summer, so it reverts in the Winter, where there are generally less title matches. That way you have your mega for a majority of the title matches. Then re-raise it so it digivolves into a Mega on the first of Summer. Then you can repeat the cycle.

Q: Where can I find ______mon?
A: Use the find function in either this FAQ for the place you may hunt it, or the Evolution FAQ for it's evolution paths.

7. Credits and Useful Links

Thanks to:
Me (ehh...I wonder why)
BitZero
Black_Dry_Bones
Vegerunks
aidenrocks247
pokeeiyuu
AlForceVF
VSlump
werejackal
azn_anime8792
Anybody else I might've forgotten.

Useful Links:
BitZero's Evolution FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943756&topic=45154090

pokeeiyuu's Title Match Listing:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943756&topic=44392558

Translated Japanese page on Mega Digimon stat caps and default support move:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdigitalmch.seesaa.net%2F&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

In-Depth: Passing time (tests, theories):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943756&topic=45207802

~fin~

User Info: Natwaf_akidna

Natwaf_akidna
10 years ago#7
I've been wondering... why no data on capturable digimon in the Linka Ruins?
My WA2 screenshot gallery (unfortunately, on indefinite hiatus >_>)
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/Mr_Plue/Wild%20Arms%202%20Gallery/

User Info: HikariNoDusk

HikariNoDusk
10 years ago#8
Imperialdramon and Dukemon are both worthless in battle, no matter what their nature is.

User Info: BeelzemontZero

BeelzemontZero
10 years ago#9
Imperialdramon FF & Duke'Gallantmon is useless ?

you will state different if u already can control them like i do ,their special & attack are AWESOME ^^
not mention the Slayerdramon Giga Sword
One day I will beat down that guy who use a big shield, big armspear and red cape. I mean Gallantmon

strayfang007
10 years ago#10
except....you cant use it on wifi. QQ
The great thing about television is that if something important happens anywhere in the world, day or night, you can always change the channel.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World Championship
  3. Digimon World Championship FAQ v1.8 (READ BEFORE POSTING)