• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter IV
  3. Random Difficulty Spike?

User Info: CaptainGARlock

CaptainGARlock
11 years ago#1
Ok so I'm trying to unlock Seth and the only characters I have left are the ones I'm not all that good with (Gen, Vega, etc.) I'm playing on easiest and characters play like they normally do little to no blocking, no specials etc....until I get to my rival that is. All of a sudden the difficulty shoots way up. They start blocking everything, focus attacking everything they don't block and even use Ultras. And don't even get me started on Seth.

I know I'm still a newbie at the game, but still this kind of thing has never happened before and its really a bit frustrating. Is this supposed to happen as I get closer to beating the game with every character or is this some sort of programing error?
The internet is a black hole of stupid that even the light of intelligence cannot escape.

User Info: jxohn

jxohn
11 years ago#2
I feel your pain. Such a pain in the ass. Seth = cheap loser
360 GT: Its AH MASSACRE
PSN: Its_AH_MASSACRE

User Info: FictionFaction

FictionFaction
11 years ago#3
There is a difficulty glitch. Sometimes if you Continue , you may get it and it will turn your Easiest difficulty into Medium.

User Info: CaptainGARlock

CaptainGARlock
11 years ago#4
^Thanks for that.
The internet is a black hole of stupid that even the light of intelligence cannot escape.

User Info: sethix9

sethix9
11 years ago#5
stick to basic moves, if u own teh computer on teh way up, seth will be set at ungodly hard mode, even if its on easy, so just play stoopid, and spam basic moves
myspace.com/rockmanix
Gamer Tag - Seth HD Remix

User Info: LordDrg7

LordDrg7
11 years ago#6
You know, I -thought- something like that was happening, but then I put it away as being in my imagination. Glad to know I'm not unique (in this)
XBL: Shoombabi

User Info: SSJ_Vegetolli

SSJ_Vegetolli
11 years ago#7
pfft, they ALL do that on EASIEST to me.... honestly I'm getting hit with all the rapid hit stuff *like that fat guy's cyclone kick attack...* I think Capcom messed up the ai as a joke...
to all those that say easiest is a cake walk come here and try it on mine... for some reason the AI on Easiest reminds me of Capcom vs SNK 2 HARDEST difficulty the way they're comboing me... or maybe cuz I have japanese voices active they think "hey let's give them the JAPANESE EASIEST!! **which is OUR hard... lol**
XSpidercideX : Wait, there are girls at gamefaqs?!
Me: Ugh... noobs are the herpies of the gaming world

User Info: allthatbass

allthatbass
11 years ago#8
When playing throught the characters yesterday, I noticed if you get more than one perfect the difficulty seemed to increase. Also if you lose the difficulty goes up. So avoid perfects and if you lose let time expire and restart, at least that's the method that worked for me.
GT: DuhWorstPlayer
PSN: buymeagun

User Info: jackacid

jackacid
11 years ago#9
Of course the rival is more difficult. Classic SF logic is that the sub-bosses are harder than scrubs, and the end-boss is harder than the sub-boss.

In this case, the rival replaces the sub-boss. But I don't see why this surprises anyone.
Fanboys are WEAK. Just shut up and play.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter IV
  3. Random Difficulty Spike?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A