• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. SPOILERS - Did you know that...

User Info: sergeccross21

sergeccross21
10 years ago#1
Maybe they scrapped or changed the thing about you finding the whereabouts of your wife to include them in the sequel, as you can clearly see her (alive?) in the trailers :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHwDt_0MBr4 Second 1:15

You could swim in the early versions of the game also the whole health thing was displayed onscreen, instead of guessing when you are exactly going to die. Yeah I know the screen turns red yadda yadda, but still you don't know how much hits you can take before going down :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPs4vMFixg

Also if your pad isn't being properly recognized by the game at all (or mismapped) you can use this version of xinput, since the normal one doesn't work at all.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5zmzo15koom

User Info: Adair

Adair
10 years ago#2
"Maybe they scrapped or changed the thing about you finding the whereabouts of your wife to include them in the sequel, as you can clearly see her (alive?) in the trailers:"

That may or may not be his wife. That woman may or may not be alive since the shot shows only the neck up of a person in a cryogenic-tube type thing. Nothing suggests whether it was present day or flashback, maybe that shot was going to be what Spencer imagined as Joe explained what happened to her.

"You could swim in the early versions of the game also the whole health thing was displayed onscreen, instead of guessing when you are exactly going to die. Yeah I know the screen turns red yadda yadda, but still you don't know how much hits you can take before going down:"

I didn't see any swimming at all, Spencer falls into the water and pulls himself out with a zip just like you can do in the game as it is. It almost looked like Spencer moved up a little in the water, but I think the player had to zip twice to get out of the water(listen to the sounds of him zipping twice in that part of the video).

As for the health bar, it would have been nice to have that AND the red screen effect, but I wouldn't want only a health bar. Looking at the health bar takes your eyes off the action and this game moves so fast I think I would've died more often if I had only a health bar to look at.

User Info: BenitoJuarez

BenitoJuarez
10 years ago#3
I heard on 1up yours/listen up last week they were saying the bionic arm IS the wife.
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/benitojuarez.png

User Info: cyph2k4

cyph2k4
10 years ago#4
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Leria

Leria
10 years ago#5

Personally, I was a little..... leery of the ending of this, and wondered why when Spencer found out that the BRAIN (yes, it was the BRAIN OF HIS WIFE) was put into his Bionic Arm that he wasn't crying like a baby.... or maybe he didn't make the connection at the end.

If that was the case, I could understand why Anderson and the President shut down the Bionics program once they found out what was REALLY necessary in order to make bionics. I doubt that Anderson or the President could justify putting parts of other people into Bionics to 'heal' military personnel, and that also explains why the PUBLIC didn't get these things: they wouldn't have liked the 'dirty reality' of what had to be done to make Bionics.

User Info: Leria

Leria
10 years ago#6

Sorry for the double posting, but I didn't see the file to 'fix' games for use with other controls besides the XBox360 controller until after I made my post and I was wondering.... how exact do you USE this? Do you just cut and paste everything to the folder, or what?

Adair
10 years ago#7
*****SPOILERS**********

Makes you wonder who it was that served as catalyst for Mag's Bionics... or even Groeders. Mag most likely didn't know about the human catalyst thing, but Groeder might have, he probably didn't care even if it was his own mother...evil bastard.

User Info: Claptonvaughn

Claptonvaughn
10 years ago#8
Makes you wonder who it was that served as catalyst for Mag's Bionics

Is Mag the female biotic with the enhanced legs? If so, they show her profile on a computer screen during one of the cutscenes. There's a name of the Catalyst and it's another female with the same last name as Mag. I'm assuming it's her mom, sister, or something.

Adair
10 years ago#9
^Oh cool, nice attention to detail! :)
  1. Boards
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. SPOILERS - Did you know that...
  • Topic Archived