• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. PC ports are finally getting great again.

User Info: gamerfps

gamerfps
10 years ago#1
This, RE5, SFIV and the new Call of Juarez are all amazingly well optimized and honed to the PC platform (minus a few inconsistencies), which is a far cry from the horrible GTA4 and Saint's Row 2 ports (among others) from a few months back.

It's really cool to see Capcom (and other companies) try to regain their somewhat lost PC sales by going the extra mile with these ports.
"Then the female dog says now to get a dna sample and i then said out loud you Sex you female dog. (darn word censor)" - weaselcatapult0 on Dead Space

User Info: eekdafatcat

eekdafatcat
10 years ago#2
Saints Row 2 was terrible but GTA4 runs great for me and every patch they came out with makes it run even better. In fact my friends who have it on PS3 and 360 tell me it runs and looks way better than theirs do. I just wish Microsoft would let them release the DLC for PC...
Bad mind let me put on good habits, been working to put on good habits, sometimes I can't find my good habits.

User Info: gamerfps

gamerfps
10 years ago#3

Saints Row 2 was terrible but GTA4 runs great for me and every patch they came out with makes it run even better.

It'll run fine if you've got a quad-core or a goddamned beastly dual-core, but my Athlon X2 6000+ just isn't going to cut it.
"Then the female dog says now to get a dna sample and i then said out loud you Sex you female dog. (darn word censor)" - weaselcatapult0 on Dead Space

User Info: Claptonvaughn

Claptonvaughn
10 years ago#4
I have an AMD x2 6000 and GTAIV runs fine for me. It's not MAX settings, of course. However, I have it running at 1680x1050 with the sliders at a setting that let me see more/further than the consoles and I can maintain a steady ~30 fps.

User Info: buaphan

buaphan
10 years ago#5

Capcom is my new hero and I will be supporting them like I do Valve. I plan on picking up all of their pc titles. They did a spectacular job with SF4 on pc. Can't wait for RE5.

User Info: Killur XFalcon

Killur XFalcon
10 years ago#6
Capcom makes amazing PC games because they use the PC as their main platform when developing. That's why DMC4 and every game released after that runs do damn well.

and since when did RE5 come out for PC?
"It sounds like an angry, drunken bear being shot from a cannon."-AutoMobile Mag commenting on the Audi RS4.

User Info: Claptonvaughn

Claptonvaughn
10 years ago#7
and since when did RE5 come out for PC?

The game isn't out yet but they've released a benchmark program.

User Info: metalhead004

metalhead004
10 years ago#8
No mouse support = no buy. I might as well play it on the 360.

User Info: gijas

gijas
10 years ago#9
metalhead004 posted...
No mouse support = no buy. I might as well play it on the 360.

Yeah exactly, just like RE 4??? what a waste - so I don't trust Capcom to much since then. Lost Plant colonies editon which is old but runs great on the PC is on the othe rend of the spectrum though.

User Info: darkboo100

darkboo100
10 years ago#10
SF4 was originally a pc game, because it came out in arcade first, it was then ported to consoles then to home pc's.
http://www.myspace.com/christianradynamiteking
My CTYD Gameplay vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4lN_4LvBPA
  1. Boards
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. PC ports are finally getting great again.
  • Topic Archived