• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. what is so important about the collectibles?

User Info: tjshadyluvr

tjshadyluvr
10 years ago#1

What is so important about the collectibles? Do you get anything helpful to the game or is it just unlocking pictures or videos?

User Info: jester1x

jester1x
10 years ago#2
I think it unlocks pictures. I started out trying to get them all. But, after a while, it doesn't seem worth it. Some of them are in hard to reach areas or aren't available until you possibly get better abilities. I'm about 37% finished right now. As far as I can tell you can replay levels to get the collectibles. I most likely won't bother though.

User Info: maverick6146

maverick6146
10 years ago#3
No, you can NOT replay level to get collectibles or conquer challenges.
The only way to get them is to restart from scratch.

What a lame design.

User Info: HaxorUrBoxor

HaxorUrBoxor
10 years ago#4
Not worthy at all.

The game is so much better when you don't care about the collectibles.
Release the BOGUS! -SMM

User Info: jon_dojah

jon_dojah
10 years ago#5
Go for collectibles on your 2nd playthrough...less stressful

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
10 years ago#6
This is one of the more noticeable differences between PC gamers and console gamers. We don't care as much about "achievement points"
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard. - ToastyOne
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1135/dcp1081.jpg

User Info: Claptonvaughn

Claptonvaughn
10 years ago#7
I stopped caring after I had spent some time to get a bunch (I figured they contributed to upgrades or special items at the time), only to find out the game has a terrible checkpoint system that not only sends you back quite a ways, but makes you find them all over again.

User Info: ensomneac

ensomneac
10 years ago#8
I would go after every collectible if the game had a quick-save or better placed checkpoints.

Otherwise, it's not worth replaying a level over and over again.
  1. Boards
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. what is so important about the collectibles?
  • Topic Archived