Why The Final Battle has big problems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Why The Final Battle has big problems

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
3 months ago#11
So two weeks have passed and no response. I'll take that as the community admitting I'm right, that stagnation is what gets celebrated. There's certainly no explanation for otherwise.

As for Shattered Throne's "flaws", let's deconstruct them:

Determinism - TBS games are already lengthened by their very genre, so that's why they could get away with involving luck, simply because it would even out over time. Shattered Throne would prefer to keep things short and sweet, so it has no such luxury. You could argue that luck favors the prepared, but variety inevitably introduces more playstyles to worry about. Why should luck be treated as a complete necessity?

Undo command - I will admit the Undo command didn't have the best execution--it didn't have any way to punish overuse, such as involvement of something like a Chess Clock. However, it's not like it was a bad thing, since Undos only apply for moves in the current phase, so it didn't interfere with the strategy aspect.

Also, the Undo concept is praised in another game anyway. Read this:
http://thecrusadergrant.blogspot.com/2017/07/my-mechanics-list-part-3.html

Sea units - yeah, I don't need to go into detail on why that complaint is so stupid. Stop mistaking bad execution for bad ideas, seriously.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

User Info: Tisroero

Tisroero
3 months ago#12
MasterKnight75 posted...
There's certainly no explanation for otherwise

Or that folks would have to reply with a short story to form a proper reply to all of this. Or that no one really comes here to this board anymore.

It's rather... telling that you didn't assume either of those first.
'Cause we are fire, 'cause we are wave, 'cause we are rock. We're one, we are Helvetios.

MasterKnight75
3 months ago#13
Tisroero posted...
MasterKnight75 posted...
There's certainly no explanation for otherwise

Or that folks would have to reply with a short story to form a proper reply to all of this. Or that no one really comes here to this board anymore.

It's rather... telling that you didn't assume either of those first.

If all people would have would be a short story, it damn well better have VERY high efficiency per word, instead of any telling the "troll" to shut up, or else we will know who the REAL trolls are. And if people aren't responding because they stopped caring, then behold the legacy they have left behind for the farce that it is in the wake of their deliberate obstruction to anybody with even the smallest shred of interest in making a Spiritual Successor to Advance Wars, or even Battalion Wars.

User Info: Tisroero

Tisroero
3 months ago#14
Not really sure what any of your post has to do with what I said, since I didn't imply any of that, nor did I affirm your rant.

Btw, you might want to start reading your posts aloud. I'm not entirely sure what it was you were trying to convey in that first sentence.
'Cause we are fire, 'cause we are wave, 'cause we are rock. We're one, we are Helvetios.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#15
MasterKnight75 posted...
So two weeks have passed and no response. I'll take that as the community admitting I'm right, that stagnation is what gets celebrated. There's certainly no explanation for otherwise.

Not even close. I read almost the first post, saw it as pointless dribble, then saw there were 10+ more posts of the same s***.

Skimmed through the rest, total garbage. Some kid with too much time on his hands trying to be intellectual about a 15 tear old game.

Lmao.

Can't speak for everyone, but that's why I ggnored it and didn't reply the first time.

"Because you're right" couldn't be farther from the truth.
Slayer>Megadeth>Amon Amarth>Alice in Chains>Every other Metal band>Other Genres of music>A bagpipe full of cats>>>>Country music

MasterKnight75
2 months ago#16
Lord_Wombat posted...
MasterKnight75 posted...

Not even close.
Says you.

I read almost the first post, saw it as pointless dribble, then saw there were 10+ more posts of the same s***.
Flaming.

Skimmed through the rest, total garbage.
It's anything but garbage.

Some kid with too much time on his hands trying to be intellectual about a 15 tear old game.
I could say the same about you or any of your friends. Love how you call me "some kid" by the way.

Lmao.
What's so funny? Your clear bias?

Can't speak for everyone, but that's why I ggnored it and didn't reply the first time.
Why, because you didn't have anything nice to say? Didn't stop you from being generally nasty before.

"Because you're right" couldn't be farther from the truth.
Are you doing your best to try to imitate this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMgjcdPDu1U
You definitely don't make an effort to prove me wrong. Not even close.

Now play nice.

User Info: WendoloKazaki

WendoloKazaki
2 months ago#17
When is someone going to ban MKDHJUIGINESSHELPER from Gamefaqs and Reddit so we don't have to see his dribble?
actually a dog in a business suit at a keyboard
(BB: Azrael, GG: Ky?, UNIST: Akatsuki)

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#18
Lmao
Slayer>Megadeth>Amon Amarth>Alice in Chains>Every other Metal band>Other Genres of music>A bagpipe full of cats>>>>Country music

User Info: WendoloKazaki

WendoloKazaki
2 months ago#19
He's even going so far as to dox people now, the man needs to be arrested or institutionalized.
actually a dog in a business suit at a keyboard
(BB: Azrael, GG: Ky?, UNIST: Akatsuki)

MasterKnight75
2 months ago#20
Behold, ladies and gentlemen: the people who provide the legacy of the Advance Wars communities. They claim I'm the troll because it's clear they think the rules don't apply to them, and it gets to the point where they will happily mock whoever they want, such as lust-induced murder victims like Matthew Pyke, or designers such as Checkmark Games, and they want to hide from the consequences of their sadism.

They don't care about Advance Wars itself. If they did, they would surely have even a half-functional debate to this topic by now, instead of resorting to personal attacks when forced to respond after saying NOTHING for 2 weeks straight. Instead, they just want to indulge in bad level design, while saying "git gud" which is already asinine in its own right. And they're clearly seeing this topic. But oh wait, they don't give a damn, because they want to turn whatever they can into a hawk-dove game. You can thank them for the Advance Wars communities being dead, more than Intelligent Systems itself being incompetent with the way it handled the series in Japan, because the communities refused to stop their cruelty to the authors of Spiritual Successor attempts, or their general nastiness.

I wouldn't expect The Final Battle to be proven to be good design with the ridiculous CO imbalance, the air unit abuse, the inability to flank Sturm's fortress during the cleanup phase, the grindfest in general, and the idiotic handling of ranking, but the sheer lack of attempt at something like this is baffling:
https://lparchive.org/Advance-Wars/Update%2031/
Where's the spit and polish from people here? And I do hear Advance Wars has appealed to actual military members, who would welcome its humor, but that just makes TFB's difficulty for its own sake more jarring from lack of empathy. The only answer I can think of for the lack of welcome response is because people want to outright be full of hate for its own sake, instead of trying to find some God forsaken answers.

I have people like whoisthisgit who will listen to me and recognize the malicious behavior of the Advance Wars communities for what it is. And I can always find other people who would provide proper support for other things, something I sure as hell won't get from the Advance Wars communities because they're darwinistic beyond belief, even when that's asking for the karma train to run them over while they make (infuriating) analogies about a kid playing on the railroad tracks. All I'm doing by showing the legacy they have left behind is telling them to stop doing things like turning this world into a small world by accusing me of harassing them when it's the other ****ing way around and they have a LOT to answer for anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Why The Final Battle has big problems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived