I thought about things like nerfing/buffing units for future titles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. I thought about things like nerfing/buffing units for future titles

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
5 months ago#1
What I would find really awesome, is if the dev's would allow for there to be a custom match editor that would allow players to play with their friends with units they rebalance themselves. Only similar example I can think of is how back in Call of Duty Black Ops players were able to customize weapon damage, character movement, and etc to their own preferences for custom matches. But here the players can agree on what units(or even map effects) they want to nerf or buff in damage/health/movement/etc within the custom game they're playing. Which can lead to players creating matchups they think or the most balanced, or just have fun with ridiculous OP gameplay.

It's probably a lot of work for what it's worth, but I'd appreciate to have that as an option.

by the by, here's the wargroove video that got me to think on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bta_Cq7fAU
http://stuffin.space
(message deleted)

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 months ago#3
Honestly, being able to customise the game is pretty doable.

Been researching it on and off for a number of years now. But proper in-game options/mod tools would be nicer.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 months ago#4
Changlini posted...
What I would find really awesome, is if the dev's would allow for there to be a custom match editor that would allow players to play with their friends with units they rebalance themselves. Only similar example I can think of is how back in Call of Duty Black Ops players were able to customize weapon damage, character movement, and etc to their own preferences for custom matches.

Sounds like a handicap setting sports and fighting games have -- a handicap toward the newer player means they do and take less damage while the opponent does and takes less (in AW4 terms, akin to having an extra Tower).

As for other builds, such as army limitations or map layout, players themselves can do that (create a custom map, agree not to build a certain unit). There's no rule custom maps have to be balanced; maps can be made equivalent to the Texas Alamo (the defenders have no production and inferior numbers).

I really should get that custom build of AW4 so I can play online.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
4 months ago#5
Thanks for the responses!

So I did some digging and https://wargroove.com/blog/page/2/ it turns out that the devs are allowing players to create their own campaigns/scenarios, examples shown were connecting custom maps together on the world map and setting up an ambush to happen at a specific point on the map. While I didn't see anything about, say, increasing/decreasing unit movement and the like, I'm interested in what the game will allow players to do upon full release.
http://stuffin.space

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 months ago#6
Huh. I was under the impression it was already out.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

Xenesis Xenon
4 months ago#7
Pako Pako posted...

It got delayed by 6 months a couple of times.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
4 months ago#8
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Pako Pako posted...

It got delayed by 6 months a couple of times.

so is it going 2019? :(

Xenesis Xenon
4 months ago#9
SkyLey posted...
so is it going 2019? :(

Sometime in 2018 is all I know for the moment. Was originally slated for early/mid 2017 hahaha.

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
4 months ago#10
damn...
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. I thought about things like nerfing/buffing units for future titles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived