noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
7 months ago#121
I hope skater is ready for final mission because it’s a doozy.
I know I’ve used walkthrough because it’s total crap.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
7 months ago#122
The only way I beat the final mission was to use a speed running tactic found in a YouTube video. The only other green mission I had to use a Walkthrough for was the Metro one, with the AI starting off with one more building than you.
I shall not poke when the well is dry, even when there is water far beneath.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
7 months ago#123
Yeah, C26 is certainly what's really awful about AW map design all rolled into one map. It's a shame after how well done most of the other campaign maps were.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: skater43

skater43
7 months ago#124
Not there yet, but working on Mission 25. Survived the first few rounds, so reinforcements have arrived, so now I'm securing some factories and such and see what I can do to stop the onslaught of war tanks coming my way. Did take out that missile first round, gm, and thanks for the tip about sticking with it as it took a few tries. Duster showed 16% damage and the tank 73% or something close to that, so I needed a couple of rolls to exceed the expected damage to do enough to take it out. Didn't bother seeing why I should take it out/consequences for not, I just went after that first thing. Transported a mech forward so he's working on that factory, plus I've got guys securing some close to the home base, and I still outnumber the enemy by a couple of units, so if I can hold on here for a little bit, I should be able to start going on the offense.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
7 months ago#125
Let me elaborate:
The missile launchers are most important. Destroying the far right one turn 1 will not have your flyers be in a chokehold position later. The other two is easily taken out by the time reinforcement arrives. Basically by eliminating those key units you edge yourself to a better advantage. As from experience the third missile launcher will be a pain to deal with later if not dealt with immediately.
Being able to move your forces forward ASAP capturing those two factories and airport will ease your fight by so much.

Some proper strategy also helps.
Keep at it, once the second factory is yours victory is more or less assured. Don’t forget CO zone and the power meter.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

gamemaster712
7 months ago#126
It’s very difficult to push toward second factory without air support and that last missile will cause rage.
Hence it’s on top priority.

And second factory is more or less a decisive point toward victory.

skater43
7 months ago#127
Then I should be on my way. Just finished day 15. Have a slight numbers advantage (15 to 14) though he's got the production advantage (18 to 17). However, next turn I'll finish capturing one of his cities, plus a neutral one, so that will tip things in my favor. And I have captured both the factories, so the action is on the eastern side of the map. Expect things to still take a while to clean up and can't say things are firmly in my favor, but I should be able to continue chipping away at him and secure the victory.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
7 months ago#128
Just keep the pressure and destroy any anti air to make way for bombers and whatnot to blow up the tanks.
If you can hold the second factory while pushing forward it’s only a matter of time, and take out her CO boarded unit when possible.
Keep moving forward.

skater43
7 months ago#129
Chipping away. On day 32 now and while number of units is even at 10, my production is ahead of the enemy 22 to 14 and we're on the eastern third of the map, so I should be able to pull this out as long as I don't get too reckless/careless. She's got a rocket and a couple of war tanks (one of which is a commander unit) so he's still got some fire power. Her air force is down to a badly damaged attack copter (2HP) (which I'll have my fighter take out this round), air defense is a single AA gun back by the capitol and looks like she's focusing on ground units, so I think this is the time to finally start building up a bomber fleet. Otherwise, we'll keep on it. Hasn't been an easy fight and been pretty evenly matched for most of it, but I think the tide is finally turning in my favor.

gamemaster712
7 months ago#130
That should about do it...
Keep capturing and push to the victory.
You got her on the ropes now
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived