• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
11 months ago#111
If you two ever want to continue on to Advance Wars like games, there's always Tiny Metal and Wargroove.

User Info: skater43

skater43
11 months ago#112
Took a few days off from this for the holidays and such, but plan to jump back into it to finish it off. Fired up the next mission and holy cow. Haven't actually started it yet as I wanted to have it up and gm's advice at the same time so I can see what he was talking relative to what I was seeing on my screen, but based on starting conditions, yeah, this'll be a doozy.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
11 months ago#113
skater43 posted...
Took a few days off from this for the holidays and such, but plan to jump back into it to finish it off. Fired up the next mission and holy cow. Haven't actually started it yet as I wanted to have it up and gm's advice at the same time so I can see what he was talking relative to what I was seeing on my screen, but based on starting conditions, yeah, this'll be a doozy.

Hence read what I wrote carefully...
Need I remind you of a certain mission you had minor issues with because you got my advice mixed up?
🤔
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

gamemaster712
11 months ago#114
Changlini posted...
If you two ever want to continue on to Advance Wars like games, there's always Tiny Metal and Wargroove.

Not the same and it likely never will
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: skater43

skater43
11 months ago#115
gamemaster712 posted...
skater43 posted...

Hence read what I wrote carefully...
Need I remind you of a certain mission you had minor issues with because you got my advice mixed up?
🤔

East, west, what's the difference? :)
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
11 months ago#116
Because west would’ve won you the battle sooner!
🤪💨💨💨🤫

Changlini
11 months ago#117
gamemaster712 posted...
Changlini posted...

Not the same and it likely never will

kk
I shall not poke when the well is dry, even when there is water far beneath.

gamemaster712
11 months ago#118
Well...
Wargroove at least feels like advance war successor...
But it’s just not the same...

Changlini
11 months ago#119
gamemaster712 posted...
Well...
Wargroove at least feels like advance war successor...
But it’s just not the same...

Personally, Wargroove looks to be a copy pasta of Advance wars, but with a different art style, and... setting. Heavy Metal, while severely lacking in Naval combat along with unit and map aesthetic, at least attempts to innovate by introducing new tactics and units to shake up the meta. For example: I'm curious how players will use the lock-on mechanic, which lets you have more than one unit combine their attacks on a single target, letting the last friendly that fires be the only one that gets damaged. Not to mention the Sniper unit.

Either way I get how you feel, as I'm a similar way with F-zero and Metroid clones.
I shall not poke when the well is dry, even when there is water far beneath.

gamemaster712
11 months ago#120
F zero is too difficult for the average crowd these days and metroid at least had a remake of 2.
It don’t bring in the monies...
And they’re too dumb to sell the rights to someone competent, so we stuck in a weird uncomfortable place
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures
  • Topic Archived