noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures
(message deleted)

User Info: skater43

skater43
4 months ago#102
Unfortunately, I'm not having much success with this one. Tried a couple more times with no real luck. Let's face it, this one's about managing resources and doing max damage while taking minimum and that's not my strong suit. And while I know where the subsequent waves are going to come from and what's on what side, I really haven't been able to take advantage of that. Currently, I'm on the second wave of replacements (so third group of enemies, including the initial ones. This is just before the 6 rockets wave). Taken out two of the rockets and all my forces are on that side of the map, but haven't done anything to the tanks yet. Tanks just took out a tank unit of mine as well as my recon one, so I'm down to rocket (1HP), AA gun (7HP), AA gun (9HP), mid tank (4HP), mid tank (7HP), anti-tank (3HP), rig (10HP), artillery (2HP), and war tank (10HP). So I've got some firepower left, but the tanks will do some damage, and my long range units are basically useless. AA guns are pretty useless against tanks, too, though if I can survive this round, they will be helpful against the rockets. Have my doubts on this run, but we'll see how the next couple of rounds go.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 months ago#103
The best trick is to see if you can clear a wave with your first attack on your turn, that way you can inflict maximum damage on the next wave before they're capable of doing anything.

Sometimes it's better to avoid doing that last attack if it'll trigger the next wave.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 months ago#104
Xenesis Xenon posted...
The best trick is to see if you can clear a wave with your first attack on your turn, that way you can inflict maximum damage on the next wave before they're capable of doing anything.

Sometimes it's better to avoid doing that last attack if it'll trigger the next wave.

It’s what I usually do.
Set things up so I can destroy to trigger next wave then immediate major damage.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
4 months ago#105
Well, it wasn't pretty, but a win's a win. Forces mentioned above were sufficient to win after all, though I had my doubts. In fact, one of the guides here had a day by day plan of what to do that was prolly going to be my next resort, at least the first day or so to get off on the right foot. But, turns out I didn't need it, so go me. Managed to finish with an A rank, which is also a bit of a surprise. Took 16 days, so lost points for speed (still got 93, though) and power was definitely lacking (only 72 points), but I got max points for technique. Part of what helped was on the last wave, enemy rockets took out my rocket unit and anti-tank one, both of which were at 1HP, so weren't really offensive threats. Enemy could have damaged a unit or two that could do some damage, but went for the kills instead. Which I was okay with. In the end, I was left with just 6 units, but one of those was the rig, so could still resupply units, had a 10HP war tank that obviously wrecked those last rocket units, my two AA units which don't do much against tanks, but are useful against rockets, a mostly dead artillery unit (2HP) and a mostly dead mid-tank (3HP). But the important thing is I had units left and the enemy didn't, so mission accomplished.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 months ago#106
For the next one you must listen to what I have for next mission:

First, the 3rd missile counting from the left must be destroyed in turn 1 at all cost. Use duster and then tank. Quicksave and reload as needed until you kill it, trust me you’ll thank me later.

Second: when you have a more evenly number force on a certain day...
Push for the first factory ASAP using helicarrier for any infantry unit. Once that’s captured move and push forward while making reasonable strategic moves. Helps to get that airport in middle of map ASAP as well.

Third, the sooner you push to second factory and capture it. Victory is more or less assured. Do so as quickly as possible to avoid prolonging things. Take advantage of your CO zone and repeat whenever it’s lost.

And good luck, this next one a real toughie
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived