• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. What else are you playing?

User Info: Master_Zebra

Master_Zebra
1 year ago#1
Since we lost the other topic, I thought it would be nice to bring another one to the board!
As for the question... well, besides getting mad with Fire Emblem Heroes and its ridiculous new quests, I've been playing Pokémon Sun, trying to make some mono-type teams for friendly battles against my siblings. I have a Steel-type team and am currently working in Electric and Ice teams.

Master_Zebra
1 year ago#2
Holy crap!!!! Metroid Prime 4 AND a Metroid 2 remake announced!!!!

User Info: kuhchung

kuhchung
1 year ago#3
Oh that is interesting! At least it makes it more appealing to me now!

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
1 year ago#4
Still not enough to make me buy a Switch, but it would take a lot to do that.

I'm also playing MHFU on my Vita, Toukiden 2, and Dragon Age II when my PC is free.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: IceCooley

IceCooley
1 year ago#5
Omg is metroid back on track?!

I've been playing kingdom hearts birth by sleep and castlevania harmony of dispair with my buddy. He just beat Terra's story and he is a really cool character.

I'm failing hard on the first world we visit as Aqua. Screw these fat enemies!
---

kuhchung
1 year ago#6
Hey Zeebo did you ever play Capcom vs SNK?

Master_Zebra
1 year ago#7
Yes! Both of them actually. I didn't like CVS Pro on PS1, though, loading times were so loooooong in that one. As for CVS2, I played the Gamecube version a lot! Even to this day I play some matches and make some color edits every now and then.

kuhchung
1 year ago#8
It looks like there is still some competitive play for it going on! Big name players competing.

Looks like an interesting game... what are the special mechanics? I know there's rolling, just defending, all types of grooves (don't understand them), you get health back the more time you have left, etc.

Missing anything interesting?

Oh yeah guard crush!

Master_Zebra
1 year ago#9
Whoa, nice to know! And it seems it's explanation time!

There are things like rolling, side-stepping, running, dashing, air block, alpha counter, parry and just defending, certain grooves have different functions.

C Groove is like the Z-ism in Street Fighter Alpha 3, with 3 gauge levels so you can use lvl1, 2 or 3 super combos.

A Groove is the V-ism, two gauge levels and you can only use lvl1 super combos. When the gauge is full you can use a custom combo where "shadows" of your character replicate your movements and keep hitting the opponent. I think charge specials can be done without the actual charge while on custom combo.

P Groove is the X-ism. Only one gauge level and only lvl 3 supers available. This one is the groove that includes parrying :D

S Groove is base on The King of Fighters 94-96 and on the "Extra" mode in KOF 97 & 98. You can hold both strong attack buttons to fill your gauge and once full you can use a lvl 1 super combo. When your health is low and flashing you can use lvl 1 supers freely and if you have a full gauge and a flashing bar, you can use a lvl 3 super.

N Groove is my fave! Based on KOF 97 & 98 "Advanced" mode. You fill the gauge as you attack and once full you get a "stock" you can have up to 3 stocks and use them for a lvl1 super or yu can "power up" using one stock to increase strength for a while and you can also use lvl 3 supers that way.

K Groove is based on Samurai Shodown's rage system. You fill the gauge as you get hit or pull a just defense and once full your power increases and can use lvl 3 supers. It is pretty useful and powerful if you can pull the just defense consistently.

Can't remember how, but you can also unlock custom grooves, were you pick your gauge and add whatever features you can afford and if you beat the all survival mode you can have unlimited points for your groove!

kuhchung
1 year ago#10
Man this is a lot of interesting options! No wonder people like this game
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. What else are you playing?
  • Topic Archived