You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. Alatreon Urgent plz joon

User Info: Pinruts

Pinruts
2 years ago#31
I tried striker LS on solo Redhelm once. It was a pretty miserable experience, mainly because I kept trying to side fade because of muscle memory. Adept is probably the way to go.
fsteak | The internet is homophonically challenged.

User Info: UlNin

UlNin
2 years ago#32
Redhelm X soloed. Took a mulligan and I carted once on the successful run, but it's done. There's a regular Arzuros which spawns between the two Redhelms at the 10 minute mark. He goes down really quick.
Formerly the official UlNin of the Tri board.
FC: 5429 - 9908 - 0937

UlNin
2 years ago#33
Working my way up Stonefist. Daimyo has always given me problems, so I was a bit reluctant to try this. As it turns out, I think Stonefist might be easier for me. I mean, not as easy as Daimyo since Stonefist has such ridiculous stats, but easier pattern-wise. Just cleared the IV.

It helps that I'm using Icesteel Wasp. The shell is a 0.25 hitzone for Ice, and the shot damage goes up to 0.25 too, if you can break the shell twice. Icesteel Wasp has P.Freeze lv2. The Pierce penetrates even the guarding position so double shell break is easy.

Speaking of the shell, that must have been some huge Monoblos. World Eater Monoblos.

User Info: Master_Zebra

Master_Zebra
2 years ago#34
Wow, nice! I tried Stonefist once and took 40 minutes to kill it, it was such a pain I never tried it again =/

UlNin
2 years ago#35
Stonefist V - two carts
Stonefist VI - two carts
Stonefist VII - two carts
Stonefist VIII - two carts
Stonefist IX - two carts

Yeah, I'm not loving this Stonefist grind. The X only has one Stonefist, but the ten minute add is Rage Ape. I am most certainly not doing enough damage to cap Stonefist at the ten minute mark.

So it's on to the next deviant. Either Snowbaron or Dreadqueen.

User Info: kuhchung

kuhchung
2 years ago#36
You are a battler

UlNin
2 years ago#37
Battle battle battle

UlNin
2 years ago#38
Ugh. Brutal. Just looked at Dreadqueen's hitzones. Are you kidding me? At least Stonefist has a 0.45 head zone. Might be time to learn to Musket.

User Info: Pinruts

Pinruts
2 years ago#39
What're you usually carting to? Breaking the shell twice (I think) lowers the horn swipe range, and circling clockwise keeps you away from the giant claw's punches.
fsteak | The internet is homophonically challenged.

UlNin
2 years ago#40
A mix of stuff. Usually I would say it's two monsters in the same area, but it's pretty much only Stonefist that's getting me. My favourite must have been when Lagi zoned in and stunned me with his opening roar which led to a Stonefist combo cart at the 3:00 mark. Good times.

The claw swipe takes half my health. It's probably been the start of most combos to cart. The backwards charging attack has gotten me, mostly because he uses it so infrequently that I forget he does it. The first time he water cannoned out of the guard position carted me. I did not expect him to do that. I mistimed the evade (even with Adept) on the Death From Above jump a couple of times.

The glowy horn attack has only gotten me once, probably because the shell breaks so early.

I don't think he has any OHKO moves, and he takes so much shooting to go down. As a result, I get careless. I delay healing so I can get the Adept boosted shots in, or I try to overcome Frenzy Fever first. That's probably my biggest problem. And then I get my second cart and have to dial back the aggression all the way to nothing which drops my already low dps. Stonefist IX took 44 minutes!

I'm pretty sure that I can do better if I practice. I cleared my way to IX with one attempt at each hunt. But I'm not doing enough damage that the X is doable at this point. He'll have way too much health left when Rajang joins in that I'm sure it will end in failure.

One thing I was thinking about trying was making an ice gunning set with the Zamtrios LBG to see if that improves my time on him. If I can get Stonefist to go down close to ten minutes than I'll be left with a Freeze S gun vs Rajang, which isn't a bad place to be. Although that seems like a lot of effort since I really only want to beat Stonefist X once for the achievement.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Tri
  3. Alatreon Urgent plz joon