Oh dear :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Mirage314

Mirage314
8 years ago#1
Exactly what I need when I bought a new game. A deserted looking board.
Any tips and tricks for a beginner?
:D:D:D:D Did you guys miss me? -Mirage314
YES! Very much! <offers a big, warm, welcome-back hug> -Jeffmaz2001

Mirage314
8 years ago#2
Apparently not.

User Info: DLMIV

DLMIV
8 years ago#3
I'm keeping this open, just because.
Worst case scenario, DLM can rest on your chest, cause either way it's win-win in terms of sexuality ^_^

User Info: geelw

geelw
8 years ago#4
why not PLAY THE GAME and let it tell you how it's done? Heck, it GIVES you so many tips as you're playing because it wants you to get good at it as quickly as possible!

OK, I'll be nicer and make a few suggestions (the game will tell you the same stuff over time):

In the beginning, walk through each screen a few times before and after you talk to the gal you're looking for. multiple treasure chests will appear in spots, giving you much needed supplies to survive dungeon 1

SAAAAAAAAVE whenever you can!!! this will lessen frustration! you get to save in your house by sleeping, so do so BEFORE hitting the dungeon. actually wait' 'til you activate the first portal, go back to your house and SAVE. This way, if you get killed, you can restart and not have to watch the short cutscene over and over.

In dungeons: WATCH BOTH SCREEN BORDERS! if one is flashing, that's the one that's going to shuffle! get out of there as fast as possible (move to the upper or lower screen) or you take damage and lose a point of health!

blue "stones" recover 1hp

when you get the first fupon helper, go around 'til you get the maximum of six. This will make the first boss easy as pie.

Boss fight: SIMPLE! run away from him, dodging his twin swipe bolt attack and shoot him with the fupon fire (X button) right at his red spot ONE time, then run away around the arena as he spins (he's invincible here). all six hits will do him in. if you MISS with magic or run out - you need to run in and hit him while trying not to die yourself.

heal by pressing y to open the menu and use an item.

if the boss kills you - you respawn in front of your house with a weird little guy who can send you right back to the boss. don't bother taking the shortcut if you want to level up some more. just re-enter the warp and do the dungeon from the beginning.

NEW tips pop up whenever the game wants you to learn something new. READ ALL THE STUFF ON THE HELP MENU! as the game sometimes doesn't tell you "exactly" what to do in some cases because it figures that you're reading the tips as they come in...

above all ENJOY THE GAME!!! it's really well done (the GS review is awful, period) and heck, Majesco has another awesome surprise this year in Dawn of Heroes - take a look at my site for a trailer and screens: http://fanboydestroy.blogspot.com/2009/09/gallery-dawn-of-heroes.html

hope that helps!
"You know, there's nothing but terrorists and military freaks down there."
"Well, I won't be shaking hands and collecting business cards."

User Info: DLMIV

DLMIV
8 years ago#5
I feel almost guilty to say it, but it would have helped 10 days ago. Nevertheless, thank you very much.
Luster, i have an uncontrollable urge to see you naked. -Flaming_Bubble
That has nothing to do with this topic. -LusterSoldier-

geelw
8 years ago#6
Heh - well, that's good... did you enjoy the game? I thought it was quite well done for an entry level RPG. the reviews were mostly off, as it seems that critics want EVERY new game in the genre to be "innovative" in every area when fun is a more universal term.

g.

Mirage314
8 years ago#7
I'm thinking about writing a review myself. I haven't finished playing yet. Last night I finally managed to get the flower for the medicine that will heal the sword and the armor guy. Whathisname discovered a dungeon in his treehouse, where he keeps the fupongs for me.

It's kinda addicting. While I would prefer an RPG to be something like DQM or even Pokémon or Golden Sun I do like Shuffle Dungeons. It's a bit tedious to search for treasure chests and to discover the dungeon. But exploring them is fun. And I'm very very grateful that you have endless continues. And that saving the game is so quick.
That's what pretty much rescues the game for me.

I think I should look into fupongs and discover all their uses. Haven't bothered with them yet. I get all I can in the dungeons, but I rarely use them. And I have to visit the blacksmith to make him make a sword out of my spear. If only money were easier to come by... >.<

geelw
8 years ago#8
yeah, i found myself returning to dungeons to get extra loot. go use the fupons a bit more - they're kind of fun to use in battles.

funny thing about the DS - there are a TON of cool "little" RPGs like this floating around. I'm picking up master of the monster lair in a few days. i missed it when it came out initially, but now that it's cheaper than it was released for, i'm happy about that.

oh, if you want a HARD as heck "classic" style RPG (which is basically a Wizardry clone in a few ways), definitely hit gamestop and pick up Atlus' The Dark Spire - you can get it for between $5 and $10 NEW with the soundtrack packed in...

---

User Info: DLM_The_Fourth

DLM_The_Fourth
8 years ago#9
I can see myself loving Dark Spire. I certainly enjoyed Etrian Odyssey and it seems to be similiar in some aspects. There's problem however, the game isn't released in Europe yet and there's no known date nor does Atlus knows if it will release Dark Spire in Europe.
I tell Jeff of this game. I know he enjoyed playing Wizardry and living in the US he should be able to get this game.

I remember testing MotML, didn't kept playing because of the shovel. It was too silly for me. But seeing the reviews and images I might have to overthink my opinion.

This night I'll try to work out how the fupongs work!
Mirage it seems that every time you post I end up in fit of laughter.-ForteZero
When political correctness replaces common sense, we are in deep trouble.-He Man

User Info: DLM_The_Fourth

DLM_The_Fourth
8 years ago#10
kia
Mirage it seems that every time you post I end up in fit of laughter.-ForteZero
When political correctness replaces common sense, we are in deep trouble.-He Man

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived