• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Damn! 8-10 hours in and I lost my game save!
Maximum Overdrive 5 years ago#1
Err! I was almost done with the campaign when my game froze on a loading screen. I let it run for 20 minutes before I accepted the inevitable and restarted my PS3. Of course, I already knew that the save was done for but I crossed my fingers anyway.

The game booted up and what do you know? It says no saves detected. I go to save data utility on the XMB and it's definitely corrupted.

I tried deleting Game Data as if it would work. Of course, it didn't. I don't have PS+ so I couldn't save a file online.

Anyone else get screwed over?
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL

User Info: zillazero

zillazero
5 years ago#2
Man... I am indeed sorry to hear this. I know exactly how you feel. It didn't happen on this game (yet...) but it happened RIGHT before I finished Splinter Cell (first one) on the Splinter Cell HD Trilogy Collection.

What a freaking disaster!

So, I know that feeling all too well. It was devastating (in a first world tragic kind of way lol)

I mean, I was literally on the last level when it happened and I too had no back up. So after reading about how common this was with that title I bought a USB thumb drive and backed up all the time but it still happened several more times

I just didnt have to completely restart from scratch but STILL always lost an hour or so.

Sorry man... It's pathetic that this kind of thing still happens as often as it does.
"All of the battles are based on actual real battles that took place in Japanese history... so here we have this Giant Enemy Crab."

User Info: marcussl55

marcussl55
5 years ago#3
So wait if the game data gets corrupted, theres no way of deleting it?
___"you cant just assume people are gonna shoot back at you...its an unknown, unknown...

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
5 years ago#4
Thank the gods for online storage...
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.

User Info: carib2g

carib2g
5 years ago#5
Happened to me too bro. I wasn't nearly as far in as you though...I might have tossed it in the garbage if I was though...

What I've resorted to doing now, is playing 1 level at a time, then quitting and backing up my save to a USB device.

That's my suggestion, to guard against it (inevitably) happening again.

My 2 cents.
Favorite 2012 Games: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, TTT2, DOA5
Gamercard: http://ps3heroes.com/hero/Carib2g

User Info: squon8888

squon8888
5 years ago#6
Im about to sell this game, it just froze and have to restart a whole level again

User Info: FlameBeast4000

FlameBeast4000
5 years ago#7
The same thing just happened to my brother, but he was only two hours in. The game froze during a loading screen, and after he did a hard shutdown the save was corrupted. He restarted, but it didn't take long for it to happen again, this time after a weird audio clipping glitch. This is probably the worst thing that can happen when playing a game, especially a game as good as this one.

User Info: Grendel Prime

Grendel Prime
5 years ago#8
marcussl55 posted...
So wait if the game data gets corrupted, theres no way of deleting it?

No. What he's saying is that the save file was corrupted, and that he tried to see if deleting the game data would somehow mend the save file, but it did not. I would assume he deleted the corrupted save file shortly thereafter, as it would be useless and beyond recovering.
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry

User Info: Fenixx

Fenixx
5 years ago#9
I only just started playing a little bit ago and was messing around on the first level. Quit back to the main menu, tried loading up a new game on a different difficulty and it locked up on the loading screen. So I had to manually shut down the PS3 and when I fired the game back up, it had deleted all save data that I had. I wasn't worried since I was going to start over anyway but still, in my 20+ years of gaming I've never had any kind of corrupt data or deleted saves so it was still pretty disappointing. Hopefully this won't be an issue and they maybe think about patching it if they can.
PSN: Sion_Fenixx
In order to fear something, you must know fear. In order to know fear, you must be scared. In order to be scared, you must know me.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Damn! 8-10 hours in and I lost my game save!
  • Topic Archived