• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Little King's Story
  3. Compatible with Gamecube controller?

User Info: Mottman

Mottman
9 years ago#1
Yay or nay?
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
Enlightening the masses here at GameFAQs since 2001.

User Info: Mothership1953

Mothership1953
9 years ago#2
No. Only the Wii Mote and nunchuck are used. The game is not compatible with any other type of controller.

User Info: RobJ23

RobJ23
9 years ago#3
Last time I checked: the Wii is NOT the Gamecube. Gamecube controller supports needs to end for Wii games period. It can remain for VC and WiiWare, but regular console games should require the remote and/or nunchuk only. Using the remote isn't that hard to do, and it's not always just moving your arm all crazy.
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
Great video game guide site.

Mottman
9 years ago#4
Shoot. Oh well. Thanks for the quick answer.

User Info: TBiggz

TBiggz
9 years ago#5
Last time I checked: the Wii is NOT the Gamecube. Gamecube controller supports needs to end for Wii games period. It can remain for VC and WiiWare, but regular console games should require the remote and/or nunchuk only. Using the remote isn't that hard to do, and it's not always just moving your arm all crazy.
Yea, because using the wiimote+nunchuck for brawl is brilliant.
Fascism should end, not the GC controller.
Today's players, they do not know how. If you are going to throw it, you break it. You have to show commitment. - Goran Ivanisevic

Mottman
9 years ago#6

To be honest, a lot of times, I use the old GCN controllers on controller-compatible games simply because my Wiimote is a freaking battery drainer. The cost of constantly buying and replacing batteries when you play a lot of games adds up.

User Info: ohmybob

ohmybob
9 years ago#7
"Last time I checked: the Wii is NOT the Gamecube. Gamecube controller supports needs to end for Wii games period. It can remain for VC and WiiWare, but regular console games should require the remote and/or nunchuk only. "

and why? Look at fighting, racing and sports games. Hardly anyone wants to play those without a GC controller. Silly restrictions are pointless. I think it's kind of weird that this doesn't support a GC controller because it in no way at all takes any advantage of being on the Wii. If you are going to use a control setup like this then they might as well let people use the GC controller

RobJ23
9 years ago#8
Look at fighting, racing and sports games. Hardly anyone wants to play those without a GC controller. Silly restrictions are pointless.

The Wii doesn't have many fighting games besides Brawl (which is fine with the remote). As for racing and sports: I have had no problems using the remote in them either.

Too many people obsess over GC controls on the Wii, and it just needs to end. Perhaps you bought the wrong console if you are trying to ignore the MAIN way to play games on it.

They aren't silly restrictions. Game developers don't always have the time to stick in 10000 different ways to play just because certain gamers don't like the main control method.

Nintendo needs to drop GC controller support, then the "does it work with the GC controller" question can just end. The remote isn't that bad. It might drain the batteries, but so what? Buy rechargable batteries, and remove the batteries when you aren't playing games: then it will last longer.

Mottman
9 years ago#9
Too many people obsess over GC controls on the Wii, and it just needs to end. Perhaps you bought the wrong console if you are trying to ignore the MAIN way to play games on it.

The only "main" way is whatever ways the game developers choose to make playable. If they choose to use GCN controllers, then that is one of the "main" ways. If they don't, then it isn't.

And I bought my Wii because I like the kind of games that end up on Nintendo systems more than others, not because I was in love with the new control scheme. I've bought either Nintendo or Sega game systems since the 1980's and have ignored Sony and Microsoft because I do not care for most of the games that are exclusive to those systems.

The question of GCN controllers is not going to make or break whether I buy this game, I just wanted to know to factor that in as part of my decision along with the game reviews I've read.

By the way, if you're going to take the "this is the Wii, not the Gamecube" approach to this argument, then you must feel Nintendo was silly to allow Gamecube discs to be played at all. For that matter, who cares about the VC? The time for those old games has passed, this is the Wii, dangit!

RobJ23
9 years ago#10
The Wii playing GameCube games = great. Especially considering PS3 doesn't play PS2 anymore, and Xbox 360 doesn't even play all Xbox games. The whole "Xbox originals" is a joke. Full backwards should be the norm now, no excuses.

Virtual Console = great as well.

GameCube support for Wii games = lame and not needed. Games work well with the remote on it's side, there is no reason to use an outdated controller. I personally think a big reason Nintendo has GC support at all is too appeal to the people that hate motion sensors. Brawl is a great example of this: if it only featured Wii controls, I doubt it would've sold as much. People are just too afraid of change, which is why people always say "Wii games are just waggle fests", when that's not very true at all.

1. Boards
  2. Little King's Story
  3. Compatible with Gamecube controller?
  • Topic Archived