• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. So I thought I was getting sharpness+1 armor...

User Info: Caltenburn

Caltenburn
3 months ago#1
It turns out I was just getting “sHaRp sWoRd”... I farmed the Shogun Ceanataurd a few times to get the armor, then look at my Greatsword with excitement, but see my sharpness didn’t change at all. Man I feel cheated, 25k zenny down the drain

User Info: Molivious

Molivious
3 months ago#2
Hahaha. Crafting armors thinking they'd change a weapon.
Please.

User Info: Biscuit__

Biscuit__
3 months ago#3
why would you think the sharpness skill would give you sharpness+1??
:V

Caltenburn
3 months ago#4
Biscuit__ posted...
why would you think the sharpness skill would give you sharpness+1??

I know right? That would make no sense at all lol

I just haven't played Monster Hunter in years, and I don't remember there being another "sharpness" skill besides speed sharpening, and sharpness +1. I thought for sure the sharpness skill would give sharpness +1. And I thought artisan increased my affinity or something. I have to get used to these terms again. And I'm trying to play the game blind, and not look up guides and stuff. But this sharp sword thing really caught me off guard
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
3 months ago#5
I mean... in terms of practical skills at LR, Sharp Sword is one of the best anyway. Definitely not a waste.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

User Info: Molivious

Molivious
3 months ago#6
Caltenburn posted...
That would make no sense at all lol
You should see the ones named after Kokoto and other villages.
Please.

Caltenburn
3 months ago#7
Teran17 posted...
I mean... in terms of practical skills at LR, Sharp Sword is one of the best anyway. Definitely not a waste.

I do think it’s a good skill, but I think it’s a little bit redundant since the armor gives speed sharpening too. Dual swords would probably make the most of it

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
3 months ago#8
Maybe on GS, but Speed Sharpen + Sharp Sword is still a great combo.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

User Info: Egoist

Egoist
3 months ago#9
Cean low rank is probably the best choice of armor for a weapon type that has block at low rank to mid high rank anyways. Low Garuga is only for long shouts if you're using DS, hammer, etc. Sharpsword and fast sharpening gives you a bigger margin for mistakes each time you fail to hit a sweetspot.

Sharp+1 isn't that amazing early on when hunts are nowhere near as grueling as say G-Rank stuff where damage is king because of the ridiculous amounts of health monsters have. Add to that that when you get to mid high rank you'll have access to Naruga stuff which provides enough sharpness on their own for more armor skill versatility before G-rank but yeah, Sharp sword/fast sharpening at G-rank are basically just novelty skills for most weapons apart from a few like Magnitude which has some pretty s*** purple sharpness.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. So I thought I was getting sharpness+1 armor...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers