• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Biscuit__

Biscuit__
5 months ago#1
SnS > Hammer > LS > GS > Lance > HH > Duals > Gunlance

A multitude of factors were considered in the creation of this tier list. Thank you.
:V

User Info: hories

hories
5 months ago#2
lol! sns is the worst weap atm bro

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
5 months ago#3
Is this factoring in no mega juice?
Block out the pain, make your body grow

User Info: CSplitter

CSplitter
5 months ago#4
bad
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif

User Info: Biscuit__

Biscuit__
5 months ago#5
hories posted...
lol! sns is the worst weap atm bro

hories is cancelled

Teran17 posted...
Is this factoring in no mega juice?

mega juice is a banned substance

CSplitter posted...
bad

you
:V

User Info: Kwingster

Kwingster
5 months ago#6
To the best of my discernment, this is my tier list for MHFU:

[ S ] Hammer, Heavy Bowgun, Dual Swords
[ A ] Greatsword
[ B ] Longsword, Light Bowgun
[ C ] Gunlance, Sword and Shield, Bow
[ D ] Hunting Horn, Lance

In S tier, I put things that can be the best weapon for a specific enemy based on DPS.
In A tier, I put Greatswords due to possibly being the best combination of power and versatility.
In B tier, I put weapons that have good versatility but a bit less power.
In C tier, I put weapons that may be useful in particular situations, but are poor choices as general purpose weapons.
In D tier, I put Hunting Horn and Lance because they're slow, and other weapons of the same attack speed typically outperform them in terms of damage.

To be honest, I really wish lances were more useful. They're one of the most fun weapons to use (nothing quite beats getting off a ridiculously long combo with a lance, carefully sidestepping enemy attacks without breaking stride.) It's also a shame that hunting horns are completely eclipsed by consumable items that produce the same effects.
www.kwing.newgrounds.com
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
5 months ago#7
I agree Hunting Horn is in the lowest tier, but not with Lance. It's still a good weapon, hunt Akantor or Ukanlos for examples, with Lance I just stay under his stomach then upstabing till it dies. Gunlance works well too and more fun with shelling explosions after combo :).

And Carapaceons except Gaoren also a good choice for Lance play, wheter playing evade or guard. It's still a good weapon for overall hunts.

HH is just for buff and quick KO, in my experience this is the weapon that capable KOing dromes when with hammer they always die first lol.

My tier ( just my favorite, ignore the dps ):

1. Hbg, Hammer, GS -> for power. SnS -> for status play ( para in particular ) in multi and element play.

2. LS, Lance, Gunlance, LBG

3. DS -> too juice dependant here. Bow -> it's still good but just not my taste, I prefer grab LBG instead for ammo variaty.

4. HH -> just what's this are you going to hunt or a concert lol. Buffing is too slow and kinda bad for solo. I see in multi someone use it, the idea is stay in the corner or exit line and start buffing everyone then joining attack, buff again and go on. Attack up is very usefull for quicker kill. In 3rd it's better but still it's not my liking.
My own path has just begun

CSplitter
5 months ago#8
Extremely objective, true, undisputed fun tier list (ordered within tiers too):

A-tier:
Gunlance
SnS
Hammer

B-tier:
Longsword
Lance
HH

C-Tier:
Dual Swords
GS
Bow

Gunlance first for obvious reasons. SnS fun factor has very high scaling with monster design and since MHFU has top tier design, SnS is also top tier. Also jumping slash > running slash. This is also the last game where hitting head shots with the hammer needs good accuracy vs most things, therefore also top tier.

You need to learn your delayed dodging with LS since you don't have side-swipes and Last Gaelic Flame exists, fun weapon type. Lance is a less interesting Gunlance, still fun. Getting the KO hit while playing music bumps HH to B-tier. Also, poke.

DS without juice is a boring SnS with better stationary DPS. DS with juice is very fast and I am Dual Sword. GS fun factor also scales highly with monster design but really, if you have fun with it on anything but Tigrex, I don't believe you. And Tigrex makes everything fun so that's not much of an achievement. They nerfed my Akantor Bow in this game so Bow is just another word for "farming Fatalis webbings".

Bowguns solely exist to ruin perfectly beautiful Guild Card usage stats when you need to complete all trainings.

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
5 months ago#9
CSplitter posted...
where hitting head shots with the hammer needs good accuracy vs most things

Ironically Hammer started to decline after this game even with the head snapping on hitboxes, because speed creep and new monster design screwed the Hammer over in later games. Proof that motion values and numbers in a vacuum mean nothing, and also why it makes me lol when people considered GU's Switch Axe OP because it has good arts.

CSplitter posted...
Last Gaelic Flame exists

Best reason to play LS. Also FU LS is the only wholesome LS incarnation. No spirit gauge levelling that promotes scrubby spirit spam fishing for weebslash levelup. Plus, the huge cancel windows and lack of constant monster spazzing means the lack of sideways fade slashing isn't a big deal.

Personally I like GS on Rajang, but I actually find the weapon more fun in later games where the series really starts to develop a huge bias for burst damage.
Block out the pain, make your body grow
(edited 5 months ago)

CSplitter
5 months ago#10
I agree on the LS point. The damage difference being so high, I find myself facetanking attacks to get to yellow/read bar quickly, with little consequence.
(edited 5 months ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers