You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. I have just completed this game again without upgrading armor but...

User Info: Fernystein

Fernystein
1 month ago#1
I haven't found a good strategy that works reliably against tigrex.
After all these years, this monster still haunts my nightmares. Dual G Rank Black diablos is a joke compared to "Land of Tremors". Any tips?

User Info: CSplitter

CSplitter
1 month ago#2
What weapons are you most comfortable with?

The general tips for Tigrex (with melee weapons) are: Stay in its face, you're safer there and can react easier to attack openings. If it charges, his right arm goes up so you can dodge it by walking/rolling towards your left (and slightly towards Tigrex). When it does the double bite, the left arm barely has a hitbox so you can i-frame it pretty easily once you get the timing. When it does the single bite, roll towards whichever side you are closer to or if you're a bit further away from his head, roll backwards. The roar can be i-framed as well and leaves its head open. If you're not confident in rolling through it, go far enough so the part of the roar that does damage doesn't reach and block it if your weapon has a block. When it spins, it's free hits for you.

How these translate to damage opportunities on its head depends on the weapon. But you want to be hitting the head 90% of the time and the 10% is hitting the tail while waiting for Tigrex to turn so you can hit the head again.
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif
(edited 1 month ago)

Fernystein
1 month ago#3
I know Every move and opening that the tigrex has... I use the gs charge strategy against him, but I don't find it really reliable because sometimes the charge is not enough to stag him and Dodge the charge (which, in rage mode , is almost instant and does a lot of damage). I can kill him no problem, but i'm not satisfied by the reliability of this strategy that can't compete with the pellet strategy against Blos, Gypceros and Kirin.
I can use every weapon except gunlance (But i find that the bow takes too long... Is raw better than element for bow?!)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Biscuit__

Biscuit__
1 month ago#4
Fernystein posted...
gs charge

this is an mhf2 strategy that exploited the low stagger limits that were fixed in g-rank with mhfu. it's not an mhfu tigrex strategy and isn't how you fight him.
:V

Fernystein
1 month ago#5
Biscuit__ posted...
Fernystein posted...
gs charge

this is an mhf2 strategy that exploited the low stagger limits that were fixed in g-rank with mhfu. it's not an mhfu tigrex strategy and isn't how you fight him.

So what good strategy works well on him? It looks that he has a counter for every weapon. The only weapons that work well take too long to kill him.

User Info: tarrant042

tarrant042
1 month ago#6
Fernystein posted...
Biscuit__ posted...
Fernystein posted...
gs charge

So what good strategy works well on him? It looks that he has a counter for every weapon. The only weapons that work well take too long to kill him.

Since you dismissed the strategies provided by CSplitter, I'd recommend watching YouTube videos and mirroring the successful strategies you observe. That's... sort of been a thing for many years.

Fernystein
1 month ago#7
tarrant042 posted...
Fernystein posted...
Biscuit__ posted...
Fernystein posted...
gs charge

Since you dismissed the strategies provided by CSplitter, I'd recommend watching YouTube videos and mirroring the successful strategies you observe. That's... sort of been a thing for many years.

The fact is that if you stay in his face and he is in rage mode, you don't have time nor space to dodge his charge.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. I have just completed this game again without upgrading armor but...