You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. Deep diving into the game. Is GS a good first-time weapon for this game?

User Info: Memebringer

Memebringer
1 month ago#11
Well, it looks like you know how to use it. But yeah it's not an easy weapon to use, contrary of what some people may tell you.
Sure it deals a ton of damage, but it's not very forgiving if you make mistakes. Same happens with HBG, imo. It's a veteran weapon.

User Info: TheMetalGaia

TheMetalGaia
1 month ago#12
Egoist posted...
Since you've played other entries then GS is completely viable up until the end. You may even find that the MHFU GS is one of the strongest weapon class in the game, being able to reach weakspots that other weapons won't be able to.

Elemental damage is amazing on faster weapons but not so much on GS, since you're going for unsheath crits, you won't be spamming elemental damage and instead just rely on pure Raw. The majority of the community considers a non-elemental GS as the best GS in the game, this might give you an idea on how to progress on weapon crafting. The only time you'd need a specific element is for breaking off parts that needs a certain element, a few examples are Teostra and Lunastra's horns. Getting every element is not a bad idea though especially on DS for speed kills. Goodluck!

Thanks! I took a break from the game to play Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 but I'm about to get back in. There's just something about the greatsword and it's precision hits that I love. Definitely gonna try and take it to the end!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. Deep diving into the game. Is GS a good first-time weapon for this game?