• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. Hunters are killers, nothing less.

User Info: CSplitter

CSplitter
4 months ago#481
This was the first awards show I actually watched instead of checking out the announcements.

Joker in smash, a DMC5 trailer they just teased and getting the MH theme on stage aside, that was horribad. Movie directors doing the presenting, anti-vape videos created in the image of what 50yo executives think sounds cool, non-announcement ads for videogames that were in those very awards.

And the DMC5 demo is Xbox exclusive.
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
4 months ago#482
I saw a couple of "highlights", and that was enough for me. Demo exclusivity is idiotic. Anti-vape ads should be interpreted as direct ads for tobacco and scorned thusly. Man should be free to destroy himself as he wishes.

I have no idea how Joker is going to play. He can't bust caps in asses, and his knife nuttery just screams subway slasher.

Smash Ultimate is pretty good. Just fought Rathalos in Yoshi's Classic Mode. Deku Nuts and Pitfall Traps for days. Built up an Eevee spirit to Lv99 for no real reason. It didn't evolve. Bah.

Biscuit__ posted...
never saw it coming

https://i.imgtc.com/3uGsALp.gif
Stop reporting each other. Go post in other topics and chill. -spartan99ruler (Moderator)

CSplitter
4 months ago#483
It was the last surprise before launch. hehehehehe

Proof of a Hero is in the OST so that's good. Some of the Castlevania remixes are beautiful. And that Golden Sun remix. And that Punch Out remix. There's so much damn music in this game.

Which reminds me, if FE Awakening did one good thing for the series (other than saving it commercially), it's Conquest -Ablaze-.

User Info: NotoriousIy

NotoriousIy
4 months ago#484
need money for smash ultimate
donate now to me plz all your moneys

Ecclesiastes273
4 months ago#485
Little Mac with a Punch/Physical spirit setup break World of Light. He deals 50-80 damage with every smash, and the three slot non-elemental Fist Attack+ Springman spirit is right next to Mac. Guy kills even Stamina matches in two hits almost out of the box. Not that some of the WoL matches don't deserve this level of disrespect and scorn.

Played for a few hours with my brother and his friend the other day. Rathalos jumps in tearing the place up, and my bro gets excited and exclaims, "dude, Rathian's in the game!". He reinforced this misnaming a couple more times.

Yellow Yoshi is the best Yoshi. Isabelle and her fishing rod can get bent.

CSplitter posted...
Which reminds me, if FE Awakening did one good thing for the series (other than saving it commercially), it's Conquest -Ablaze-.

It says a lot that I used that track as my level/support grinding music in Awakening and never tired of it, and was still beyond hyped that it got in Smash 4. So happy to see it available out of the box.
Stop reporting each other. Go post in other topics and chill. -spartan99ruler (Moderator)

User Info: Biscuit__

Biscuit__
4 months ago#486
I have been using Snake since I unlocked him and not had too much trouble other than with dr wily.

been replaying FF7 - just exited the sunken gelnika to find emerald weapon just floating directly in front. involuntarily accelerated into him in my panic to surface.

not sure if i blame emerald weapon or ecco the dolphin more for my fear of being deep underwater
:V

CSplitter
4 months ago#487
Maybe it's the mighty Gobul from Tri that created those fears. I haven't used Snake at all, does he still have godlike tilts?

Guys, I'm a sage.

Ecclesiastes273
4 months ago#488
Welcome to the club. I miss the Veteran title. I haven't used Snake, so I can't confirm. One Punch Mac now does 70-100% per charged smash. Neutral B instantly ends most spirits like FF Odin.

Emerald Weapon is lowkey one of the most effective jumpscares on the PS1. I have no doubts the remake will fail to capture the dread of seeing it in front of you.

User Info: ppmelon52

ppmelon52
4 months ago#489
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
Emerald Weapon is lowkey one of the most effective jumpscares on the PS1. I have no doubts the remake will fail to capture the dread of seeing it in front of you.

the submarine control will be reduced to a menu, and the highwind too.

Ecclesiastes273
4 months ago#490
JRPG world scaling has bothered me since the PS2. Only Dragon Quest 8 felt like it really nailed the world map conceit. Everything else is either smaller than FF12 or has serious scaling inconsistencies. Hopefully they're focused on making the best PS3 RPG ever, rather than a PS4 game with more tangible limitations.

TL;DR Vehicle menus would put me on suicide watch.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. Hunters are killers, nothing less.
  • Topic Archived