• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  3. Quick and dirty guide to meld maxing abilities in about 2hr [spoilers]

User Info: CirrusStrafe

CirrusStrafe
10 years ago#1
ABBREVIATIONS:
QB = Quick Blitz
SD = Sliding Dash
Strike = Strike Raid
Zero G = Zero Gravira (note, not gravity, graviRA)
Shimmer = Shimmering crystal
Fleet = Fleeting *
Pulse = Pulsing *
Well = Wellspring *
Soothe = Soothing *
Hung = Hungry * =P
Abound = Abounding *

Before/While doing the next step, as I’m sure you have these lying around, meld a Zero G with a Poison and an Abound to get an EXP walk.

Meld 5 QB with 5 SD using Abound as a catalyst. If you don’t have enough then the only place I found them drop is off of the mandrakes in Hollow Bastion. Incidentally I started this when I first got there. This will give you 5 lucky strikes, learn them all.

Now you can go absolutely crazy using this list I made. There is a hallway outside of Aurora’s chamber in Enchanted Dominion that leads into the audience chamber. You want this hallway. The monsters are ultra weak, there are 10 waves total, they all take 1-2 hits even for Ven, and they don’t spawn any of those blasted steam balls. Here’s the kicker though, with 5 lucky strike you get a fira off of the red hot chili at like, a 50% rate. This will be your source of income.

So while leveling these abilities (after melding what you have) you will get mounds of Fira, levels, and whatnot. I suggest going for the treasure magnet ones first since they help out the most while farming. Also, you should throw on the Mickey/Stitch D-Links to get double exp/cp once you upgrade them to D-link level 3.

This is going to be listed as
Catalyst:
Skill 1 – Skill 2 = Attachment (# of ones you need)

Don’t worry, I’ve already optimized these in terms of cost effectiveness. Most only cost 200 munny, the other 4-5 are 1k Oh, and with the lucky strike stuff if you don’t have enough crystals you can literally run around Hollow Bastion killing Unversed, since it has the largest area/most types of Unversed.

Shimmer:
Fire – Fire = Fire boost 3
Blizz – Blizz = Blizz boost 3
Stop – Stop = Thund boost 3
Cure – Cure = Cure boost 3
SD – Fire = Fire screen 2
QB – Blizz = Blizz screen 2
SD – Poison = Thund screen 2
QB – SD = Dark screen 2

Fleet:
QB – SD = Atk haste 5
Fire – Fire = Mag haste 5
Fira – Fira = Reload boost 2

Pulse:
QB – SD = Finish Boost 2
Zero G – Poison = Combo Finish Boost 2
Blizzara – Blizzara = Second Chance 1
Fire – Fire = Leaf Bracer 1

Well:
Fire – Fire = Air Combo Plus 3
Fira – Fira = Once More 1
Blizz – Blizz = Combo Plus 3

Soothe:
Fire – Fire = HP Boost 3
QB – SD = Item Boost 3
Thundara – Thundara = Defender 1
Fira – Fira = Damage Siphon 1

Hung:
Fire – Fire = HP Prize + 3
QB – SD = Treasure Magnet 5

Abound:
Fira – Fira = EXP Chance 1
Zero G – Poison = EXP Walk 1
Fire – Fire = Link Prize + 3
QB – SD = Lucky Strike 5

Totals:
Fire – 38
Fira – 10
Blizzard – 14
Blizzara – 2
Thundara - 2
Stop – 6
Cure – 6
Sliding Dash – 26
Quick Blitz – 24
Poison – 5
Zero G – 3

Course the whole “broken strategy” is the 5 lucky strike hallway money grind raepfest, the rest is just meldspam.

Credit for the melding process and necessary components goes to starrk's FAQ. I just distilled it to min/max time, money versus gain.
One of these days they'll institute a mandatory skill and intelligence test for WoW. Only one server will be necessary after that, and it will be glorious.

User Info: Omega_Zero_XP

Omega_Zero_XP
10 years ago#2
You sir have just helped me tremendously. I already cp farm in A'sC for all the commands but your ability list is very much appreciated,
LOL at Sephiroth. You know what they say about guys with long swords...compensating for something!

User Info: Apl_J

Apl_J
10 years ago#3
Nice, could've used this yesterday when I was maxing abilities xD

On another note, we're name buddies.
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
Acute observation is often called cynicism by those who do not posses it.

User Info: Sonikkuluvva

Sonikkuluvva
10 years ago#4
TC, you rule! This is gonna be a wonderful Friday!
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad276/Crimsonvermillioneyes/0808001831.jpg I found a TVA pic, only Terra was doing it wrong.

CirrusStrafe
10 years ago#5
My apologies, it appears that Thunder screen is Strike Raid and Poison.
One of these days they'll institute a mandatory skill and intelligence test for WoW. Only one server will be necessary after that, and it will be glorious.

User Info: Vertanius

Vertanius
10 years ago#6
Which hallway is that exactly?

CirrusStrafe
10 years ago#7
Forgot to mention, all of these work for all three characters, so you don't have to worry about discrepancies there either =D

CirrusStrafe
10 years ago#8
It's literally called Hallway. It's the one between Aurora's Room (the one with the save point and moogle shop and is also the name of where you warp in on the level) and the Audience Chamber, where you fight Terra's first boss.

User Info: Vertanius

Vertanius
10 years ago#9
Thanks, is it better than the mimic stages in the mirage arena?

CirrusStrafe
10 years ago#10
@Vertainus

I would think so. This relies on purchasing a lot of the skills, which requires something around 20k munny. The way I generated income for this was by selling off the Fira and Ether I kept getting, and the moogle shop is literally a screen from the hallway I used, making it all kinds of streamlined (since running to the Audience Chamber and back would almost always level stuff up to 3 at least).

The Mirage Arena drops no items, so the only cash flow you get is what drops off of enemies. However, since each Fira sells for 250 munny and I get them at the rate of like 4 per minute I figure this can be arguably faster, and has a lot of other benefits as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  3. Quick and dirty guide to meld maxing abilities in about 2hr [spoilers]
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A