• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  3. do you think hayden panettiere will play Kairi in future kingdom hearts games

User Info: Average_Gnome

Average_Gnome
12 years ago#1
I'm just wondering because back when the previous games came out she wasn't as well known as she is now.

User Info: grans

grans
12 years ago#2
I don't see why not. They've gotten back more famous people than her to return, but we'll see.

(BTW, I just looked her IMDB profile up and didn't realize she did the voice of Dot in A Bug's Life. Lol)
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville

User Info: Kaame_Zaki

Kaame_Zaki
12 years ago#3
God I love her. Almost as much as I love Olivia Munn. Hayden is actually one of the only white (Caucasian) women I find attractive.

User Info: savesora

savesora
12 years ago#4
She probably will.
The reason she wasn't in KH:RECOM was because that was a low budget make, and she was already filming scenes for heroes.
If the next game IS KH3 I'd like to say she'll be back, but she's pretty high profile now so we'll just have to see =|

User Info: DCSE

DCSE
12 years ago#5
She's not well known for voicing THE most useless and worthless female character in the series. She's known for other things and frankly she should save her pride and say no to voicing Kairi. She's an embarrassing character who sets females back two steps in terms of looking good.

I'm no grand feminism supporter, but if a female character can't be useful in an action RPG game, not even as an effective love interest, then she's nothing but absolute fail.

User Info: KMA2

KMA2
12 years ago#6
I lol'd.

User Info: ultimaweapon40

ultimaweapon40
12 years ago#7
even though its kinda a stereotype, with the whole 'captured princess and has to be rescued' type thing, where did most of those stereotypes come from? Lets see...Disney movies/stories. And who co-produced this game...Disney.
So really, its not that big.
PSN: UltimateRoxas40 Waiting for: KH 4, Bloodborne 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, FF7 Remake
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!

User Info: DCSE

DCSE
12 years ago#8
Yeah you're acting as if Disney didn't change their ways as time passed. I mean Kimpossible is a very able female character who can literally do just about anything to show she's competent. Then there's characters like Mulan.

My point is that in modern day to have such a helpless and useless character is just insulting and a drag. About the only thing that Kairi has ever done that's useful is be collected into a set of princesses like a tool to open the door to KH in KH1 which doesn't sound impressive since this action was done without her realizing anything and help Sora return to normal via the DEM of the Power of Love. That's where she peaked.

The rest of the time she's rather irrelevant unless you consider her role of pointing to something, like a tracking dog, and going "Look at that!" like how she did in KH2 as being critically useful.

Also for being a female lead the only thing on her mind is how much she wants to be with Sora. It's kind of pathetic and it makes her seem rather empty headed. Indirectly it also makes me feel rather bad for Riku since he wasted time trying to rescue her in KH1 when this ungrateful girl doesn't give him much of a thought even though they're both childhood friends. The only time Kairi exclusively thinks about Riku is when a situation forces her to like seeing a his ghostly form as he holds Xehanort's Heartless back in KH1 or Namine revealing Ansem was Riku in KH2 which enabled the whole "close your eyes" scene with Sora.

User Info: Xienzo

Xienzo
12 years ago#9
She's not well known for voicing THE most useless and worthless female character in the series.

Olette?

She's known for other things and frankly she should save her pride and say no to voicing Kairi. She's an embarrassing character who sets females back two steps in terms of looking good.

I'm going to have to say that if the first thing you think of when you take a VA role is if the character supports feminism or not, you have priority issues.

User Info: Lord_Prosper

Lord_Prosper
12 years ago#10
She's not well known for voicing THE most useless and worthless female character in the series.

Because Kairi wasn't what Sora was trying to find for... oh I dunno, the entirety of the first game or anything. That might make her important.... nah.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  3. do you think hayden panettiere will play Kairi in future kingdom hearts games
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A