• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
  3. Anyone else picked this back up after some time off?

User Info: Vysion_of_books

Vysion_of_books
9 years ago#1
I had made it to Black rank and Golf Legend status before putting the game aside for other titles like the Monster Hunter Freedom series. Last week, I decided to take a swing back around all the courses. I won several more Black tournaments (currently on #50) and unlocked a few more Black items (with maybe ten remaining, not counting online only items of which I have none). I've nearly maxed out all characters, but still have yet to get a double eagle or a second hole-in-one. I'm not certain how much longer I'll stick with it, but it is still quite a fun game.
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i

User Info: Roddy100

Roddy100
9 years ago#2
It's never too long before I pick the game up again. It's a good reliable game to relax with. I do get a bit frustrated with Black rank though. I keep winning tournaments and every capsule I select contains something I already have. So annoying. How can you tell how many items remain to be collected?

User Info: Vysion_of_books

Vysion_of_books
9 years ago#3
I finally cleared all of black rank this week and went up one level (Golf Wizard). Woo-hoo! Something like 75 black rank tournaments to do it.

There is no count listed anywhere regarding items left but the black rank card will darken and indicate all items collected when it finally happens. However you can check the FAQ and work backwards using a checklist for whatever items you have yet to win. For black rank there should be ten items in each tier to win (ten head, ten body, ten accessory).

My remaining goals are a Super Win vs Chad and that 500 point hole in the minigame.
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i
  1. Boards
  2. Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
  3. Anyone else picked this back up after some time off?
  • Topic Archived